Jane's Diary

Hi to all.

Been a bit busy this last day or two, not doing a great deal :)

Last night I cooked a chicken and potato curry with spicy cauliflower. It was really tasty. I cooked enough for four, so we've had the same again tonight. I'm glad hubby is just glad he's getting fed :). He's easily pleased.

I visited m&s today and somehow managed to buy a top and some trousers. Odd how it happens :D I tried to resist, they will both be too big soon :D

Had a slight variation on Yog and strawberries. Wait for it..... Had blackberries and raspberries too. All good speed food.

We sat in the sun this afternoon dozing, wasn't it lovely?

Btw Sue I hoped your meal went well and you cooked lovely slimming world type food. We are eating out tomorrow and having looked at the menu there doesn't appear to be much I can eat but I'll do my best :rolleyes:

Xx

Hey crystal

Welcome home and you've brought the lovely sunny weather with you. When is your first weigh in? Hope it's a good one.

Xx

Good evening Jane, hope you've had a good weekend :)

That's funny, I bought raspberries and blackberries today too for a change from the strawberries! Hope you enjoyed.

I certainly have brought the sun back with me! Had a lovely afternoon sitting in the garden. Back to class on Tuesday so fingers crossed for a loss, I'll even be happy with half a pound!!

Hi crystal. Glad you are safely back. Even if you've stopped the same you will have done really well. I've been out for a meal tonight.

Starter smoked salmon with bloody Mary jelly and a little salad.
Main: marinated salmon with king prawns on salad with samphire and a bit of some kind of creme fresh dressing. 2 diet cokes and. Black decaf coffee. Oh yes, a side order of plain boiled new potatoes with no butter. Gave hubby the bread that came with my starter. I know salmon twice is A little boring but everything else looked too high syn.

Just about to have my usual desert as I didn't have one after my meal.

Granddaughters tonight and both tucked up in bed. They are so well behaved when we eat out, although milly, the youngest, decided she wanted to stop with her mum and dad. I had to tell my daughter not too give in to milly. We've had tears, tummy ache, scared of the dark, needs a drink, needs two pillows or she will cough, etc. I think they are both asleep now, thank goodness :rolleyes:

I'm so glad I can give them back :) even though I love them dearly xx

Morning Jane :) Hope it's nice and sunny with you too, it's beautiful here.

Hehe at little Millie (love that name by the way), hope she stayed put in bed all night!

I love salmon too, I never used to like it that much but over the last few months I've had it quite a lot.

What are your plans for today? I will be dropping hubby off at the airport this afternoon then taking myself off for a swim.

Hi crystal

Children slept really well. Milly got in our bed at about 7 and then went back to sleep. She had a little dicky fit this morning as she didn't like the school skirt our daughter had sent for her. I was rushed as I was nipping to see a friend at the hospital to get some blood taken for a private test. My ferritin is sky high so I'm checking for Haemochromatosis, my dr reckons my ferritin isnt high enough for the test yet, even though it's 3 times the top of the reference range! I need to know why and am not prepared to let it rest as it can cause major organ damage if untreated. Grrrrr. Some gps are lovely and others just look to the purse strings. If it comes back negative I'll have to look at other options.

Hubby has just come back from the office and has set the ironing board up outside. He's a love :D. I'm going to make the half syn roulade for the girls to have as a treat when they get in from school.

Btw my weight was the same this morning after my meal out. I'm so pleased. Xxx

I don't blame you going privately for your tests, will you have to wait long to get the results?

I was going to say enjoy your ironing in the sun, obviously you won't enjoy the ironing part but you know what I mean :D

I don't blame you going privately for your tests, will you have to wait long to get the results?

I was going to say enjoy your ironing in the sun, obviously you won't enjoy the ironing part but you know what I mean :D

About a week. I'll get the results by email which is good.

I'm enjoying the ironing, especially as hubby is doing it :D

Just took roulade out of oven and it's cooling. It smells lovely. I really want to eat some but will resist.

I expect you've got tons of washing to do :( and the consequent ironing. At least the weather is perfect.

Xx

Haha Jane I thought when he was setting up the ironing board it was for you to do it :D

Oh yep I've got loads of washing to do, got some of it done yesterday so it's not too bad. As for the ironing, I hate it!!

Hope you've enjoyed the sun today Jane :)

Hello Jane (and Crystal - I'm still way off with my number of posts!).

Hope you've had a lovely day - the sunshine certainly helps doesn't it. The meal out sounds lovely - I haven't been very virtuous this weekend on the food front but better today :)
I have ferritin problems too but mine is too low :mad: was 11 when I first had it tested, but again GP's a bit unresponsive, they felt it was acceptable because it was on the reference range (11 - 121) grrrrr.

Hope you get to the bottom of it - you do have to be a bit of advocate for your own health sometimes, lets hope that you come up with some answers.

I've been at work all day - lovely to come home in the sunshine but unfortunately muck spreading on nearby field put paid to any plans to sit out :sigh: On a positive it smelled so bad it put me off my food.....

You are so good with your grandchildren - although I bet it doesn't seem 2 minutes ago since your daughter was the same age - doesn't time fly.

Crystal - sending positive vibes for your weigh in tomorrow - have a good night both

Sue x

Crystal fingers crossed for your weigh in.

My beloved other half is a barsteward, he has ironed all his own stuff and left all of mine, plus all the bedding and I hate ironing the quilt cover. I fold the sheet and press it folded so that's easy!

Had a funny day food wise.

No breakfast as out for blood test and not sure if it was fasting or not. Back home late morning and then made roulade. I ended up eating loads of roulade and an Alpen light chocolate and fudge bar, two highlights chocolate drinks and scrambled egg with smoked salmon plus 300 ml skimmed milk with my coffee. Plus some morrisons eat smart Melba toast and an apple. Pretty bad really. Somedays I just don't feel like cooking and we don't tend to have ready meals.

Tomorrow I will do better :). I plan on swimming first thing in the morning so that should give me a good start.

Sue, hope you have a good evening too. How is the diet going? The reference ranges used in the blood tests are so wide, it's ridiculous. How can someone right at the bottom of a range be classed the same as someone at the top! Did you supplement iron yourself at the time and does your GP keep an eye on it? I should have my results by Friday, part of me wants to have Haemochromatosis then I know it can be sorted and part of me doesn't - but then I might not get it sorted out.

Xx

Good evening Ladies! Thank you for the positive vibes - they obviously worked as I lost 1.5lbs, pleased with that!

Oh Jane can't believe your hubby did that! I hate, hate, hate ironing bed covers but there is nothing better than when it's done and getting into a nicely made up bed!

Don't worry about your food today, you will get back on track tomorrow no probs at all.

ps - Both of you will be up to 500 posts in no time at all and you can catch up on my diary, it's not that interesting though :D

Good evening Ladies! Thank you for the positive vibes - they obviously worked as I lost 1.5lbs, pleased with that!

Oh Jane can't believe your hubby did that! I hate, hate, hate ironing bed covers but there is nothing better than when it's done and getting into a nicely made up bed!

Don't worry about your food today, you will get back on track tomorrow no probs at all.

ps - Both of you will be up to 500 posts in no time at all and you can catch up on my diary, it's not that interesting though :D

Something's happened to the site. I had to log in and my info from the side bar is missing. Is it just me!

Well done on 1.5 lb crystal. That's excellent and you've been on holiday too! :)

Talking of trips away, I'm away next week and am stopping in a small inn which is really a restaurant with rooms above. THe food is divine and the place is always busy. I'm determined to be good. It's work and not a holiday.

I need to go on the word game threads to get my posts up :)

We ate better today.

Breakfast: porridge and banana made with milk from allowance.

Lunch: apple, banana and honeydew melon.

Dinner: slimming world chilli with rice. It was lovely. I added extra peppers and mushrooms to get the veg level up.

snacks: 1 pack Melba toast at 3.5 syns. Two highlights choc drinks at 2 syns each, coffee with milk from allowance.

Isn't this weather glorious? Our son is home to visit in a couple of weeks and he is bringing his girlfriend. He lives in Malta and very much leads his own life as boys tend to do.;).

And finally, I've ordered two bathers from marks two sizes smaller than the ones I wore at Christmas. They are too big now and one size down is okish but a bit loose on the bum. I'll need a couple of new ones for malta and Gozo at the end of may and have bought them now, whilst they are still available. It'll be interesting to try them on. Xx

:D

Something's happened to the site. I had to log in and my info from the side bar is missing. Is it just me!

Xx

Well done on your weight loses
:talk017:

Jane there has been an update running because of a security breach on password and info there was an email went out a couple of days ago. The update is gonna take a while and bits will be missing until it's complete. There was a post about it but I can't find it now.
Just to say the administrators are looking after our information.

Have a good day all, my weigh-in tonight :fingerscrossed:

Well done on 1.5 lb crystal. That's excellent and you've been on holiday too! :)

Talking of trips away, I'm away next week and am stopping in a small inn which is really a restaurant with rooms above. THe food is divine and the place is always busy. I'm determined to be good. It's work and not a holiday.

I need to go on the word game threads to get my posts up :)

We ate better today.

Breakfast: porridge and banana made with milk from allowance.

Lunch: apple, banana and honeydew melon.

Dinner: slimming world chilli with rice. It was lovely. I added extra peppers and mushrooms to get the veg level up.

snacks: 1 pack Melba toast at 3.5 syns. Two highlights choc drinks at 2 syns each, coffee with milk from allowance.

Isn't this weather glorious? Our son is home to visit in a couple of weeks and he is bringing his girlfriend. He lives in Malta and very much leads his own life as boys tend to do.;).

And finally, I've ordered two bathers from marks two sizes smaller than the ones I wore at Christmas. They are too big now and one size down is okish but a bit loose on the bum. I'll need a couple of new ones for malta and Gozo at the end of may and have bought them now, whilst they are still available. It'll be interesting to try them on. Xx

Hi Jane!

As Lynda said, there has been an update and all he info will come back (at the side, under your pic), but not sure when.

Oh wow I bet your son loves living in the sunshine, how long has he been in Malta for? Have you met his girlfriend before?

Excellent re the swimsuits, M&S have some lovely ones in at the moment. My aim is to be able to wear a bikini again, I've not worn one since my honeymoon :( There are so many pretty ones out there just now, I have to stop myself from buying them for 'when I slim down' - I'm really bad for doing that with clothes.

Hope you are enjoying the sunshine again today, loving it!

Hi crystal, Lynda, sue Et al

I'm feeling happy as I went down 1.5 lb. It's slow but steady.

Son loves Malta and I'm happy to say is getting well integrated. He loves sport and plays on numerous teams which are all made up of locals as well as British, so he's making many friends. His g/friend is half Maltese and he met her there. We've met her once but she was only a friend at the time. He's looking for another job there which I'm pleased about. I didnt like the company he worked for, they always seemed a bit shady.

Hope you are all having a great day. Be back later.
Xx

1.5lbs is great Jane, well done! You're doing fab, you must be pleased.

Sounds like your son is loving life in Malta, also on the plus side is you get to visit him there!

Hope you're having a good night xxxx

Hello girls
thanks for updating on the changes to the site - I'm hopeless at remembering passwords and log in details :confused: fortunately remembered this - just found it a bit more confusing than normal hahaha - that says more about me if I'm honest! Well done on your losses - I haven't been on the scales since I left class - suppose I should but am content to feel any difference in my clothes for the time being.

I could do better though - a bit off the beat with my eating recently. I've got a new phone today so will download my fitness pal app later and will log my daily calorie intake that might help concentrate my mind. It's definitely easier to dress casually in the warmer weather when you're slimmer - I am so conscious of flabby arms I'm rarely without sleeves.... in fact two cotton cardies slipped into my trolley today :eek:

What a malarkey with the fuel too - I actually needed to some petrol but a couple of them were out of unleaded today and Sainsbury's were out managing the queues to the store because of the demand.
I've ordered swimming cossie too - sadly in the same size but I'm hoping it will be a more flattering fit looked on the Evans site and :eek: some of them were over £90 I've stuck with M&S.
Back to the cooler weather tomorrow though - so will be foraging about in the jumper drawer again but it has been lovely. Tomorrow I'm off work but a few domestic chores stacking and maybe a bit of a walk.

Glad everyone is doing so well - take care :) Here's to the weekend and good luck with the test results Jane:fingerscrossed:

Sue x

Last edited:
Hello girls
thanks for updating on the changes to the site - I'm hopeless at remembering passwords and log in details :confused: fortunately remembered this - just found it a bit more confusing than normal hahaha - that says more about me if I'm honest! Well done on your losses - I haven't been on the scales since I left class - suppose I should but am content to feel any difference in my clothes for the time being.

I could do better though - a bit off the beat with my eating recently. I've got a new phone today so will download my fitness pal app later and will log my daily calorie intake that might help concentrate my mind. It's definitely easier to dress casually in the warmer weather when you're slimmer - I am so conscious of flabby arms I'm rarely without sleeves.... in fact two cotton cardies slipped into my trolley today :eek:

What a malarkey with the fuel too - I actually needed to some petrol but a couple of them were out of unleaded today and Sainsbury's were out managing the queues to the store because of the demand.
I've ordered swimming cossie too - sadly in the same size but I'm hoping it will be a more flattering fit looked on the Evans site and :eek: some of them were over £90 I've stuck with M&S.
Back to the cooler weather tomorrow though - so will be foraging about in the jumper drawer again but it has been lovely. Tomorrow I'm off work but a few domestic chores stacking and maybe a bit of a walk.

Glad everyone is doing so well - take care :) Here's to the weekend and good luck with the test results Jane:fingerscrossed:

Sue x

OMG 90 pounds (can't find the pound sign on my keyboard lol!) for a swimsuit?! Really!

I was at Tesco today and the queue was back onto the main road for petrol. I only filled up the other day so I don't need any just now thankfully.

And here I am, back later :).

I've been busy as can be, gardening. I'm having a block paved path laid in the back garden and the men are coming tomorrow to start it. We've bought a gazebo and the path will run up to it, then a big round circle under the gazebo, then continue on down to the gate. I love getting something done, just wish I cold afford to do things all the time :D

I took four tops to the alterations lady to be altered and she's taking about four inches off each one. It'll cost about 10 quid per top, much cheaper than buying new. I'll save that pleasure for when Im absolutely desperate for something to fit.

Today we've had porridge with fruit, more fruit during the day plus a couple of chocolate drinks and coffee with milk from allowance. For our evening meal, spicy parsnip soup followed by beef madras and basmati rice. I couldnt be bothered to do extra veg. We had the parsnip soup beforehand so that'll have to do. We will have the same tomorrow but I'll do a cauliflower curry to go with it.

I got on the scales this Morning and am down 3/4 lb since Wednesday. Let's hope the trend keeps going down next week when we are in the hotel! That is, of course, assuming we have petrol to get there. It's a pain in the backside all this. Is there a crisis or not!

Hope you are all doing ok and enjoying this freezing weather. Brrrrr.

Xx

Back