Jane's Diary

Hi Mandy. How's the diet going? I've not seen you at the meeting....mind you I've been away more than I'm there! It's so hot here at the moment but rain is forecast for Wednesday so I'm planning the trip then if poss. Hubby will be in a meeting so I'll be on my own. I hate doing things alone, but having come all this way I don't want to waste the opportunity.

Food today: raisin bran with skimmed milk, two zero fat yogs at 60 cals each. Two bananas and four coffees with skimmed milk.

It's 5.00 pm and the sun is still blazing down but I'm too hot to stay out. Well be going out to eat soon although it's been difficult to find a really good restaurant here! Xx

Back in from our meal. I had tomato and Basel soup followed by spaghetti Bol with no cheese. The sauce had loads of tomato and not much meat. I also had one piece of hot bread (about a small french stick slice) and a small glass of red wine. I've just eaten a chocolate coin which was on my pillow. I really want to save them for my granddaughters but I just can't resist them. I think it's because I'm not having all my usual extras like Alpen bars and velvet crunch crisps!

Time for bed xx

Back home safely. Very tired though. I've had three days of overindulging. I've not gone wild but know it's been a little too much. Joy of joys though, I jumped on the scales this morning and have defo gone down :) another day or two to right the excesses of the flight, and ba lounge free food and drink, should show a greater loss. Very happy.

My next hurdle is Cambridge music festival which starts on Thursday. Festival food is never easy! I'll take my iPad to note what I eat and, hopefully, that'll keep be on he straight and narrow. Xx

It's so lovely to back home and eating my Sw meals :)

Breakfast: porridge made with water, raspberry Yog and raspberries. Banana. Two coffees with milk from my allowance.

I ate late as I had a fasting blood test this morning so will just have some fruit for my lunch. Looking at he time I'd better eat soon!

Put my sun lounger in the garden and had just got settled when a big black cloud came and obscured the sun.....and it's still here :cool:

Xx

My body clock is up the pole! Just look at the time and I'm wide awake! It's 8.30 in Lancaster PA, my mind still thinks I'm there.

Evening meal was rather boring. Baked potato, couscous with roasted veg and rocket. I sprayed the potato with the I cal butter spray. It's not as nice as butter but it was okish. Later I had pineapple and then a little later a banana with a mullerlight banana Yog on it. Finished my milk allowance in drinks. Also ate two 3 syn cereal bars, oh yes, I also had a half glass of cava. Tut tut to me :).

Weigh in tomorrow morning. I'm now going to try and sleep. Goodnight x

Ps. Time is now 1.44 (if anyone actually reads this and wants to know). Night.

Fantastic weigh in :) 2 lb loss. I'm very pleased. I was so worried about the food in America and if I hadn't been vigilant it could have been a gain. Mind you over the last couple of days and the flight home I didn't really try very hard, although I mostly picked the right things.

I'm aiming for a two and a half pound loss next time so that I'll be at my 10% target, plus the next half pound will get me up to the next 7 lb. Xx

At Cambridge folk festival.

Food so far today: porridge made with water. Raspberry Yog and fresh raspberries stirred in.

Two milk in coffee

Three Alpen bars just because they were in my bag!

Pasta gazpatcho. Apart from chicken tikka and rice this appears to be the only food I can eat on the field. I'll be calling at the supermarket tomorrow for salad, yogis and fruit.

Just remembered I've also had two apples.

Xx

I seem to have done nothing but pick today!

Breakfast at the hotel was not good for slimming world! There was no cereal I could eat, no weetabix, no bran flakes just muesli, cornflakes and other cereals of that ilk. I decided to opt for the porridge and asked how it was made. They make it with milk, cream and sugar! Needless to say, I asked for it to be made with a mix of semi skimmed milk and water only (they had no skimmed milk). There was a fruit compote but that was sweet so I drained the fruit and left the liquid. The yogurt was full fat only so today I've been and bought bananas and active Yog and I'll be taking them into breakfast with me tomorrow. This a top notch hotel in Cambridge with really good reviews but the breakfast is rubbish! Oh yes! I drank black coffee to avoid having too much semi skimmed milk.

On the field and in no particular order:

2 Alpen bars 6 syns
Banana
2 velvet crunch crisps 8 syns
Tub sainsburys be good to yourself roasted veg couscous 2 syns I think.
Melon slices
Pineapple slices
2 zero fat active Yog
3 coffee with skim milk
1 pack lean ham
2 apples

I've not eaten a proper meal today and I reckon tomorrow will be pretty much the same.

Another day outside. It's been so cold tonight. It was very uncomfortable. Hubby doesnt understand that I just cannot tolerate the cold these days!

Food in no particular order:

Porridge with milk/water
Two activia yogs
One banana
Two apples
Three decaf coffee with semi skim milk
Tub of sainsburys be good to yourself couscous
Packet of ham
One velvet crunch crisps 4 syns
Melon and pineapple

Hmmm. Looking at that it's probably not enough. Tomorrow I might have veg curry with rice. I'll see, depends on the weather. I think music festivals are getting to arduous for me, husband loves them so much though.

At least we stop in a hotel!

Xx

Well we are back at the hotel. We left the festival early. It rained so much the place was a sea of mud.

Food: porridge with milk/water
Banana
Apple
Two bags of velvet crunch 8 syns
Coffee with skimmed milk
Sainsburys couscous 2 syns
Ham
15 peanuts approx 6 syns
Chickpea and potato curry with rice
Two activia zero fat yogs.

I think that's it. I'm a bit high on syns but, hopefully, that'll be ok as over the week I think it averages out ok.

I'm going to weigh in at 7 on Tuesday as I'm flying to Spain very early Wednesday (my normal wi day). Evening weigh ins are rubbish!

Xx

Went to weigh in tonight and I've lost 2 lb. I'm so pleased.

I've weighed out some 35 g bags of oats to take to Spain, I'm determined to get to my 10% loss by next week and only 1/2 lb to go :D

X

Morning Jane, hope you're good!

I see you've had two great losses over the last couple of weeks, that is fantastic, especially as you were away from home - go you! When are you off to Spain?

Hi crystal

Lovely to hear from you, hope you are ok.

I returned from Spain at 1.30 last night and, after a short sleep, hotfooted around to Sw weigh in. I've stayed the same but I actually think I've gone down again this holiday. My last weigh in was in the evening and I ate nothing after about 11 am and this weigh in was morning and I'd had a drink at about 2.30 am when I got home. Plus ate loads of crap in the lounge before flying! My iPad wouldnt work in Spain on wifi which didn't really help. I couldn't look things up, or post here :)

Next week I'm in London Tuesday and Wednesday so no weigh in :eek:. We are eating at a very nice Italian Tuesday and then possibly lunch in harrods restaurant on Wednesday. My life seems to revolve around food:eek:

Off to cropredy music festival tomorrow which could easily be a food disaster. I'll have to list it on here, that always helps.

Xx

Hi Jane

Hope you have a lovely time in London over the next few days, I'm sure you will stay on track even though you are away from home - you always manage to do it, I need some tips! xxxx

I came back from London with a four pound game! Was then really really strict and ended up with a 1.5 lb loss. I've finally reached my 10% weight loss at last.

I'm here now until the 4th sept and then it's Malta for a few days. I think the only other trip I have between now and Christmas is a week in Cambridgeshire. I must look how many weeks it is until christmas and work out how much weight I could lose :)

Hope you're well crystal, it's good to hear from you. I need to do a bit of catching up on here. Xx

Well blow me! I have a text from our group leader to say I've been voted into the top three for the woman of the year for our groups.

I'll have to get my thinking cap on as to what to write.

I'm very pleased and extremely surprised. It's a nice feeling :D
Xx

Another 1/2 off. Not much but better than nothing!

Got overall winner of woman of the year award for my group. I was so touched. I got such lovely comments too.

I bet there are loads of members much more deserving than me :)

Xx

After a week in Malta and a 5 lb gain (weighed at home last Friday) I was dreading getting weighed today! I was overjoyed to find I was only half a pound heavier.

Fingers crossed for a loss next week. I have a couple of days in London and a week in Cambridge between now and Christmas so, hopefully, I'll manage to get some losses :)

Hey! I have lemon curd in my fat free yoghurt all the time. But theres a syn free version? Could you give me the recipe? Be so grateful :) xxx

Back