January 2016 Challenge

Well done footy mum! fantastic loss :D

Screen Shot 2016-01-11 at 11.37.55.png

Please tell me you do this as well, I go out to buy frylight as nothing is coming out of the pump and I come back with lettuce, chicken, ff greek yogurt, diet pepsi, cucumber, red onions, frozen fruit, meringue nests, bag of potatoes and cat food and YOU KNOW! you have forgotten something, wonder up the aisles looking like an idiot and still doesnt come to you and you go to checkout and leave the store. Then you just turn into your road and BAM! i forgotten the frylight :( need to rethink what im cooking this evening as its bitter cold outside and don't fancy walking around the shop again on a empty stomach when I have just done that previously and got all that!! so instead of a £1.50 frylight I spent £16.00 :O could kick myself grrrr

Please tell me you do this as well, I go out to buy frylight as nothing is coming out of the pump and I come back with lettuce, chicken, ff greek yogurt, diet pepsi, cucumber, red onions, frozen fruit, meringue nests, bag of potatoes and cat food and YOU KNOW! you have forgotten something, wonder up the aisles looking like an idiot and still doesnt come to you and you go to checkout and leave the store. Then you just turn into your road and BAM! i forgotten the frylight :( need to rethink what im cooking this evening as its bitter cold outside and don't fancy walking around the shop again on a empty stomach when I have just done that previously and got all that!! so instead of a £1.50 frylight I spent £16.00 :O could kick myself grrrr

Haha i always do this!! Don't worry - I find I need a list to make sure i get everything (always used to mock those with lists.... :rolleyes:)

what were you gonna have tonight? need some inspiration?

Haha all the time! And like Sarah I write lists and can still forget things! I like to think it's because we are busy and have lots on our minds and not that I'm loosing my mind ;)

Thanks for updating the chart Sarah :)

Morning all, chart looks great Sarah 2stone between us is fab. Just had my 2nd weigh in and lost 3.5lbs :D going to try for 2lbs next week in the hope of getting my first half stone :)
Agree with you Footy mum, chart looks great and we all seem to be doing good. Congratulations on your 3.5lbs off - well done :0clapper:. Fingers crossed for the 2lbs next week! :D

Ha haaa, that made me laugh :D. So true, and yes, I do this as well on occasion, even with a shopping list :rolleyes:

Haha i always do this!! Don't worry - I find I need a list to make sure i get everything (always used to mock those with lists.... :rolleyes:)

what were you gonna have tonight? need some inspiration?

haha phew! so glad its not just me! I was wanting to do chicken fajita with a weight watchers wraps as i did garlic sauce (natural yogurt with garlic powder) and SW salsa sauce :( never mind I did my back up when I can't think, it was pasta, with chicken pieces and salad and I put a dollop of cottage cheese on top to mix in so its like mayo. I do enjoy it and its so filling, and then meringue nest with greek yogurt with frozen summer fruits on top, (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, blackcurrant and redcurrants) Nothing fancy had chips, beans and eggs for lunch (glad I bought more potatoes now as ive used the last for lunch lol) I am in the play safe, quick meals at the moment, too lazy right now to make things from the book or mag, I need to be in a really excited mood for that. usually stick with pasta meals, rice meals, jacket potato and salad, chilli, Shepard pie, stir fries and salad meals, Im not a big fish eater, I only like tuna and cod thats it. made 5% lean mince burgers yesterday making it with egg yolk makes all the difference as I use to do it with natural yogurt was too sloppy, but the egg yolk is much better and even tho I was full I wanted more! At the moment I am enjoying bbq wedges, just sprinkle the bbq and mixed herb on the wedges, 2 spoon fulls of chilli con carne with a dollop of greek yogurt on top with chopped spring onions, omg delicious.

Another 1.5lbs off this week, wasn't quite what I feel I deserve after being so good but it's a loss
Congrats! Well done you! I am always like that. I try and say in my head, to set me up, ive lost half a lb, and then i lose 1 and half and im still bummed! but you might be like me, im a week behind. so it shows on the scales the following week.

Haha all the time! And like Sarah I write lists and can still forget things! I like to think it's because we are busy and have lots on our minds and not that I'm loosing my mind ;)

Thank god its not me! Could have kicked myself, I know when I go into the shops tomorrow to buy it, ill come out with something else, I need bbq powder! for my wedges crap, list has begun!!

Another STS for me please. A little gutted but at least its not gone up.

Is it too late for me to join? I joined SW last Wednesday so my first weigh in is in a couple of days. I'd love to lose 10lbs in January.

It's hard when you think you deserve more, maybe it'll show next week. 6lbs in your last two weeks is fab though, well done

thanks......I just hate that I've worked so hard and it's not shown

Congrats! Well done you! I am always like that. I try and say in my head, to set me up, ive lost half a lb, and then i lose 1 and half and im still bummed! but you might be like me, im a week behind. so it shows on the scales the following week.

I'm not normally a week behind, its frustrating.

Good luck to everyone

Hey guys and welcome littleblackcloud :)

Im feeling very deflated and grumpy this morning as I hopped on the scales and its showing a gain on 2lbs?! I have been an angel this week and i completely don't deserve this. It will most likely dwindle to a maintain as the day goes on if my body behaves how it behaves every other week. I just don't get it. I have been a moody beeeeep (they won't show the word i want to write!) for days - so it must be hormonal as this is just not like me. Its upsetting and frustrating and I'm even considering going to my group but not weighing in and weighing thursday. I'll let you all know what I decide.

Completely feel your pain Ellie, when you know you deserve something more than what you are getting its hard not to be upset/disappointed - but like footymum said you've lost albs in TWO weeks which is amazing! Well done you.

Updated chart - will update as and when we have more results today xx

Screen Shot 2016-01-12 at 07.37.56.png

Im feeling very deflated and grumpy this morning as I hopped on the scales and its showing a gain on 2lbs?! I have been an angel this week and i completely don't deserve this. It will most likely dwindle to a maintain as the day goes on if my body behaves how it behaves every other week. I just don't get it. I have been a moody beeeeep (they won't show the word i want to write!) for days - so it must be hormonal as this is just not like me. Its upsetting and frustrating and I'm even considering going to my group but not weighing in and weighing thursday. I'll let you all know what I decide.

Completely feel your pain Ellie, when you know you deserve something more than what you are getting its hard not to be upset/disappointed - but like footymum said you've lost albs in TWO weeks which is amazing! Well done you.

View attachment 179606

Hiya there Sarah,
Maybe you are at the stage that ive heard about when you have last stone to shift, You are close to your target right? Sometimes the last few are hard to get rid of. Try a SP day usually helps to boost a bigger weight loss, move things along or trying to break through a wall. My "wall" is about a stone away. I reached it last time I did slimming world and I couldnt get past it, i was either maintaining or putting on. my leader saw my meal planner and couldnt find anything wrong, I did excerise and i was gaining, so I stopped and i was just losing what I gained and when I reached that number again i didnt get past it, I just maintained or gained, I was paying every week for about 6 weeks and nothing was helping me to push through that stupid number. Then I quit, I thought I was wasting money and i was getting frustrating. Please don't give up. Now Ive heard you can do a SP day and then there is a secret week meal plan, called Fast Forward. that the leader gives you as a last resort. Its very hard and restricting. Tells you excatly what to eat and when, it was designed by doctors so its safe, but people have suffered headaches, tiredness and nausea in the first couple of days and then your body accommodates it. Ill show you a you tube video of a woman doing it and she will explain, she lost 3lbs on it I think, but some have lost more. So maybe you get give that a try to see if it helps smashing past that wall.

View attachment 179606
Aw that sucks, its understandable to feel grumpy when the scales don't give you what you deserve. I'll keep everything crossed for you and maybe your sw scales will be kinder x

I would be careful about following things like fast forward without your consultants support, the video is from before the last plan change came out and without your consultant to guide through you could potentially harm your weight loss. its definitely something to discuss with your consultat thou x

Another 1.5lbs off this week, wasn't quite what I feel I deserve after being so good but it's a loss
well done Ellie :)

Another STS for me please. A little gutted but at least its not gone up.
Hi bubble, a sts is not that bad. I uderstand your disappointment though. Next week will be better x :)

I can report 0.5 lbs off . Not great but in the right direction I suppose. Trying to be uber-good the next week and hope for a bigger loss at next WI.

Have a good week everyone :)

Back