JANUARY CHALLENGE!!! Shake off that xmas excess and be a lighter you for the New Year

Lost 2.8 lbs today, which is good:

Mandlegrot - 8lbs to lose (8lbs to go)
SlimmingKitchen - 8lbs to lose (8lbs to go)
Elanor - 7lbs to lose (7lbs to go)
loopylaura11- 6lbs to lose (6lbs to go)
Nazia80 - 10lbs (10lbs to go )
Zafira - 10lbs (10lbs to go )
Jo.B - 2lbs (scared with how many I've got to go!)
SarahSlimming - 10lbs (10lbs to go)
Siobhanh - 10lbs (10lbs to go)
TashaG - 10.5lbs (10.5lbs to go)
ceebeee - 6lbs (6lbs to go)
Barbie Girl - 10lbs (10lbs to go)
jellyjo - 8lbs (8lbs to go)
Honey39 - 8lbs (2.8 lbs lost, 5.2 lbs to go)
Cheshire Cat - 9lbs (9lbs to go)
clairelt33 - 10lbs (10lbs to go)
LianneJane5687 - 8lbs (8lbs to go)
ChristieH1409 - 6lbs (6lbs to go)
tryingagainandagain- 12lbs (12lbs to go)
Jen the wren - 5lbs (5lbs to go)
Denise42 - 5lb (5lb to go)
NewMe -10lbs (10lbs to go)
Queenie24 - 5.5 lbs (1.5 lbs lost 4 lb to go)

new info added :) Congrats on the loss queenie!!! I could only dream of 3lbs off over new year...trying to reign it back in tomorro ;)

@smiling suzy - I'm not following the new plan (yet) as I'm vegan and followed green days which have now been abolished. I'm not ready for a change, and don't feel I need one quite yet as green days work well for me. Have you changed over to the new plan? I'm curious to see what difference everyone sees on the scale. A lot of people in my group were going to try the EE SP plan this week, so I think there will be some BIG losses!

Hi I changed over on Wednesday (not my normal wi day) and have found it tough doing SP but I think I needed a re-boot. The scales are moving though which is great and WI is tomorrow night. I am a bit bored of Omelette for breakfast though, and I didn't appreciate how much I used yogurts in cooking and for snacking (and crabsticks). I quite fancy doing SP tuesdays and thursdays and EE the rest of the week.

Yeah it doesn't strike me as the sort of plan you can do on a whim. I might try and do a day of it but I think I'll eat my furniture, plus it's not affordable at all to me in the current climate.

I can't even get my head around the new EE plan, but then again I've never followed EE so it's bound to confuse me.
EE messed with my head having previously been a red and green girl but I did find it better for me in the long run.

new info added :) Congrats on the loss queenie!!! I could only dream of 3lbs off over new year...trying to reign it back in tomorro ;)

@smiling suzy - I'm not following the new plan (yet) as I'm vegan and followed green days which have now been abolished. I'm not ready for a change, and don't feel I need one quite yet as green days work well for me. Have you changed over to the new plan? I'm curious to see what difference everyone sees on the scale. A lot of people in my group were going to try the EE SP plan this week, so I think there will be some BIG losses!

Thanks Mandlegrot; I usually lose about a lb a week and did two days of EESP and lost an extra 1/2 a lb but I am not sure I could do a whole week of EESP (though maybe continuing to experimenting I might feel braver). Though I think while you are losing well, as has been said if it ain't broke!

Good luck everyone with their WI

Q

Could I join please I would like to lose 11lbs my first weigh in of the year is Wednesday :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Added you to the list, Aimz. Good luck for Wednesday!

@Queenie - good to hear it's possible to transition over. I might try doing a few EE days next week, then the week after maybe look into how possible it would be to do EE SP - however I don't know if a lot of the 'meat replacement' foods are P or S (don't eat quorn!) so can't really do it until then as I think my main dinners will be based around linda macartney sausages haha. I think it would be good to shake my diet up a bit though...it's just a matter of how able I am to do it, considering I really have no money to invest into other foods and my cupboards are full of cheap carbs at the min. Hopefully a job offer comes through soon...

@Simlingsuzy - Ooooh good to hear the scales are budging! I'm excited to see everyone's results now :)) I think I'm set for a gain, I only got back on plan today, and its star week :/ but, this means a BIG loss next week hopefully. i weigh Tuesday evenings so its too late to fully pull it back, however 3 days on plan will minimize the gain!

Hopefully it's not too late to join in? Rejoined a class on Saturday. Hoping for 6lb loss in January :)

Never too late charlotte! Good luck x

I have been looking at the s and p foods and I think I wouldnt be able to do a full week I may just do a couple of dayd a week also and maybe have some sp meals instead of days so its a bit easier!

Hi, can I join please? I'd like to lose 8lbs by the end of January :)

Can I join too please? I weigh on a Wednesday so 1st weigh in of the year this week. Put on 3.5lbs over xmas but was a 10 day weigh and I enjoyed myself lol. This week is a 4 day weigh so trying SP to see what we can do but my body takes about 2 weeks to catch up!!!
Id like 10lb off in Jan to get me bk to my 2.5 stone award and working towards my 3!! xx

Hey welcome to all the new additions - its never too late to join! will add you to the list tomorrow, don't forget to post updates when you weigh in :))

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! X

First weigh in of the year resulted in -1lb. Not ideal but hey it's something especially as I've been totally off plan while on holiday and am only just getting back on plan today. Going to try out the new EE SP plan.

:)

Mandlegrot - 8lbs to lose (8lbs to go)
SlimmingKitchen - 8lbs to lose (8lbs to go)
Elanor - 7lbs to lose (7lbs to go)
loopylaura11- 6lbs to lose (6lbs to go)
Nazia80 - 10lbs (10lbs to go )
Zafira - 10lbs (10lbs to go )
Jo.B - 2lbs (scared with how many I've got to go!)
SarahSlimming - 10lbs (10lbs to go)
Siobhanh - 10lbs (10lbs to go)
TashaG - 10.5lbs (10.5lbs to go)
ceebeee - 6lbs (1lbs lost 5lbs to go)
Barbie Girl - 10lbs (10lbs to go)
jellyjo - 8lbs (8lbs to go)
Honey39 - 8lbs (2.8 lbs lost, 5.2 lbs to go)
Cheshire Cat - 9lbs (9lbs to go)
clairelt33 - 10lbs (10lbs to go)
LianneJane5687 - 8lbs (8lbs to go)
ChristieH1409 - 6lbs (6lbs to go)
tryingagainandagain- 12lbs (12lbs to go)
Jen the wren - 5lbs (5lbs to go)
Denise42 - 5lb (5lb to go)
NewMe -10lbs (10lbs to go)
Queenie24 - 5.5 lbs (1.5 lbs lost 4 lb to go)

Can you add me please? I've been off track for the past 2 months nearly so during January I would like to lose what I have gained which is 12lbs!!

Back