January weight loss!

Is it too late for me to join in? I'm going to weigh myself in for first time this Thursday. Am hoping to lose 10 lb this month. Not sure how to copy and paste as on iPhone app. Clare x

Hi Clare, done it for you:)

Waterworks - 7lb (starting at 164 - topped out at 167) - 5lbs
Ber-297 - 10lbs -6lbs
Marty - 5lbs
Linzi - 10lbs (starting at 194) -1.2
Seraphine - 10lbs (starting at 160) -6lbs!!
Vicky - 7lbs (starting 156.2!!!) -3lbs
Susie - 8lbs (try and take off what I put on!) -3lbs
Michael - at least 6lb (like Lady - take off what I've put on and get SEXY for SPRING!)
Nellyphant - 10lbs 7lbs off! Bring it on!
Kezzybee - 11lb
echoburning- 16lbs- 10lbs
Ossireo - 7lbs (taking off my xmas/nye gain!)
Dizzydelly - 11lbs
Jim 16lbs (Christmas gain) -6
Quak 9lbs (Christmas/NY gain lol)
Katie - 10lbs
Welshbrummie - 10lb please
Jupiter - Can I come in and say 6lb please
Missy 14lbs,(1st wk induction im hoping for a biggy )
Alibabs - 7lbs (starting 136)
Marysu- 11lbs (starting at 175) -6lbs
HPony - 7lbs -6lbs
Lyndsay - 10 lbs
Helen - 14lbs -8lbs
Pigletville - 5lbs (starting 222)
Clarelouise1- 10lbs
Total so far 67.2 lbs

4.5 stone already!!! :O

i weigh on tues...cant wait to update lol

Don't mean to lower the good mood but I have a query? Anyone?

Are those AMAZING losses for so far as a result of lots of people starting induction and/or getting back on track after a little chrimbo detour?
Just wondering - as I'll probabbly lower the average when I post my first week's loss tomorrow and wondered why my loss will be so low compared to everyone else. :(
Not feeling sorry for myself, just wondering! Oh and well done all!

How were you eating previous to starting Atkins? If you were eating carbs you will lose a lot of water weight the first week as everyone else is doing so far, but don't be too hard on yourself if not as people vary greatly on how their bodies respond to certain diets.

I've been doing Atkins for about 3 months and low carb for 3 months prior to that and didn't break for christmas *(Unbearably SMUG)* so I'm happy just going down slowly, just wondered why everyone else was sooooooo amazing!

Last edited:
Everyone's really different in their weight loss, Piglet, as Bren says - you started the month before me but you've lost loads more.

People must also be making a big effort to be clean and green after Xmas - and good for them (as I try not to be too jealous :))

Hi Pigletville,

yes, this was my first week back doing induction so it was mostly (or all!) water weight. I'm expecting the weight loss to slow down.

Keep up the good work!

Yes, if you were being good while we were all putting weight on then your loss this week will be normal for you, which will probably be much better as you won't have a load of crimbo weight to get rid of first :D

Thanks all - I was just wondering if I should be losing more or if there were reasons for the big losses

Everyone's really different in their weight loss, Piglet, as Bren says - you started the month before me but you've lost loads more.

I generally lose about a 1lb a week on average, although sometimes 2 and sometimes nothing - and am more than happy just to do so. The only reason why the total looks quite a bit is because I did South Beach induction for two weeks - had good losses on that induction, stayed on SB for a while then slowed down and then did a two week Atkins induction - which between the two induction phases (sb and Atkins) I think that accounts for about 24lbs of the total, the rest has dropped at a nice and steady rate. :)
I'm in this for the long run!

Don't mean to lower the good mood but I have a query? Anyone?

Are those AMAZING losses for so far as a result of lots of people starting induction and/or getting back on track after a little chrimbo detour?
Just wondering - as I'll probabbly lower the average when I post my first week's loss tomorrow and wondered why my loss will be so low compared to everyone else. :(
Not feeling sorry for myself, just wondering! Oh and well done all!

Mines only an ickle loss. but I lost weight over Christmas & stayed pretty much on track so don't have any water weight to loose like others that had more carbs... we're all so different too as our how quickly we lose our weight... yr doing fab & have some great losses.... I'll keep you company on the 1lb a week losses. x

I only lose 1 or 2lbs a week also, but the reason i lost 6lbs this week was induction and i had a lot of water retention in my belly area before i started. I honestly wouldn't be suprised if i'd Sts this week.

Remember it depends on the amount to lose too, I had some great losses ie5-6pm a week but then I had weeks where it was 1-2

Yes I am gutted if it's not a huge loss But at least I'm losing x

Weight loss is one of those areas where slow but sure often wins the race too. :)

I was bold over the christmas so was back on induction this wk , i'll likely have a very small loss for next wk , and then back to 1/2 lb a week after that :)

Waterworks - 7lb (starting at 164 - topped out at 167) - 5lbs
Ber-297 - 10lbs -6lbs
Marty - 5lbs
Linzi - 10lbs (starting at 194) -1.2
Seraphine - 10lbs (starting at 160) -6lbs!!
Vicky - 7lbs (starting 156.2!!!) -3lbs
Susie - 8lbs (try and take off what I put on!) -3lbs
Michael - 6lb (starting at 170lb) -4lb
Nellyphant - 10lbs 7lbs off! Bring it on!
Kezzybee - 11lb
echoburning- 16lbs -10lbs
Ossireo - 7lbs (taking off my xmas/nye gain!)
Dizzydelly - 11lbs
Jim 16lbs (Christmas gain) -6
Quak 9lbs (Christmas/NY gain lol)
Katie - 10lbs
Welshbrummie - 10lb please
Jupiter - Can I come in and say 6lb please
Missy 14lbs,(1st wk induction im hoping for a biggy )
Alibabs - 7lbs (starting 136)
Marysu- 11lbs (starting at 175) -6lbs
HPony - 7lbs -6lbs
Lyndsay - 10 lbs
Helen - 14lbs -8lbs
Pigletville - 5lbs (starting 222)
Clarelouise1- 10lbs

Total so far 67.6 lbs

Well done everyone!

Last edited:
Back