Jaxmummy - its game on !

jaxmummy

Silver Member
Not quite sure where to start but I will try. I think I've been on a diet for most of my adult life. In fact mum introduced me to slimming world 15 years ago when corned beef was free! I look back at those photos now and think what was I thinking , not big headed but I had a gorgeous figure and legs to die for. For the next few years I yo yo dieted and you name it I tried it, ww, slim fast, cabbage soup, British heart foundation I did them all. I was lucky enough to meet my husband who had been undertaken nose all along and I was 9st 7 but again was stuck in diet rut and merrily yo yoed along. I was 12 St 8 when I fell pregnant and the day I got home from the hospital I was 15.3. I turned to slimming world when my boy was 4 weeks old and sure enough I lost 3 stone. Then the wilderness years set in, being a new mum in a job I'd had enough of, family fall out and university I'm stood here now at 17 stone and utterly miserable. I do literally minimum with my child because of my size, we don't go out I basically work and come home. Last year alone I must have joined slimming world 12 times, in fact my area is swamped with groups and I'm too embarrassed to go now because there isn't one I don't know. Work makes it awkward too as I cannot commit every week. So I've braved the decision to go alone with the support of my family. I literally have no choice in this I can't continue as I am I need to stop the binging and focus. I cannot spend another summer sitting in the sidelines. My 8year old doesn't know the fun
me as she disappeared at least 5 stone ago. So that's me laid bare I'm hoping this honest diary will get me through with the support of you guys and numerous Facebook sites I'm quietly confident this year will bring change

Thanks rosiepops , it's going to be a tough long road but it is for everyone wether they want to lose a stone or six. Up early this morning bagging all his sweets and chocolates up from Xmas to keep them out of sight lol

Big hugs hun. This is your year I can feel it :) it has to be my year too. We can do it!!!
Good idea on the sweets and chocolate. I hate the leftovers from Xmas just hanging around waiting to be eaten lol xx

Thanks :) I see our sons are the same age. Has yours gone bk to school yet? Mine has today... Thank god haha x

Yes I'm going to be accountable to this diary with thoughts and food with daily updates. I'm hoping the determination sticks but I know it can and will be difficult or else i wouldn't have to join so many times. I need to retrain my brain, hubby hit it on the head last night he said to him it's like I think that all the stuff I usually eat I suddenly can't have when its easily incorporated into Syns and he said at the end of the day in 12 months I could lose a lot of weight and the food will still be available in shops it's not like if I stop eating it the stop selling it.

Thanks :) I see our sons are the same age. Has yours gone bk to school yet? Mine has today... Thank god haha x

Yes he want back yesterday so I have some peace and quiet before my night shifts start on Thursday. I love him to bits but there's nothing quite like a quiet house lol. He came home yesterday fell asleep after his tea and I had to wake him up this morning !

Good luck! I think the hardest thing is making that commitment to do it. Are you part of a group or doing it at home? I am apart of a group and just taking that plunge to go there was hard enough.

Your hubby is right, it about getting your head around it & making better choices (easier said than done I know!) but if there is something you just cannot go without then syn it. I have to say this is the most flexible diet and I'm really enjoying it - well the results more!!

Sorry I was a bit MIA in the
End
Yesterday but I have now just returned from biting the bullet and joining group. Off to my night shift now to digest it all. Catch up tomorrow xx

Back