Jaylou's diary~Much better now!

Out and about all day today, so just time to start today's food list before I head off into the rain :-(
Update: I'm in now so all change for lunch!!

Monday 17th - Green

B - big bowl fruit salad (melon, apple, plums, kiwi) - really hope this superspeed stuff works this week!!

L - Curry flavour Batchelor's savoury rice. I tend to have this in for emergencies as I'd much rather make my own, but I'm "starving" so eating this now at 1040! I needed something with a bit of substance!

D - Chicken (B choice) and pea risotto. This is one of my faves! Made with 71g cooked chicken, this is the best way for chicken risotto (well in my book anyway), much better than diced chicken breast.

A - Milk
A - Parmesan for risotto

Syns - Bah, fed up now - can't stop eating! Just had a Tesco ham, cheese and mayo sarnie, why, I do not know. A slice of banana cake (must stop daughter baking!) and 3 rich tea. La la la la la.......Next week is another new week.

I really don't feel like I've shifted one pound, let alone the two I need to get back into "the zone" but do you know what, I'm not too fussed if I have to pay for a week. I know I've been good so can't do any more, It's a bit of a mental thing having to pay, it's almost like admitting failure but it isn't!!

Catharsis over ;-)

Last edited:
Just catching up on your diary Jay, it's looking good for WI tomorrow night! You will be fine hun, xx

Bad day yesterday.

Like I said yesterday, I don't think I've lost the 2lb I need so I best take some pennies to fat club tonight! Oh well. :sigh:
I'm not at target. I must keep telling myself that every time I have a day like yesterday. I am NOT at target! :D:D:D 2lbs and I will be back in the zone but I don't want that. I want to get 2 under so that's the half a stone I keep wittering on about. Half a bl***y stone. Seems like a mountain to climb. Christmas is coming and all that jazz and I have a ball in 4 weeks so I need to get into my dress without having a bowling ball sticking out the front!!

Tuesday 18th Red

B - 2 weetabix (HEB), milk (HEA) and sliced banana on top

L - something light - will be a chicken omelette and a heap of fresh tomatoes (I have so many in the green house I should look like a ruddy tomato the amount I eat!)

D - 3 WW pork sausages (1.5 syns) fried eggs, tinned tomatoes and 2 slices small bread (HEX B)

Syns -

Woop Woop, I did it, I lost 2lbs and got back into my target zone! It flickered about and I thought it was going to be 1.5 but phew, it was 2!
Still need to lose more though as i'm at the top of my range but I'm relieved. Here's to a good week!

Flying visit this morning as I'm out for most of the day with work.

Renewed positivity - I think so much of this is due to the support from you guys on here, I can't believe how useful this diary is, both from a food listing point of view and from the catharsis of writing it all down. I'm sure my OH gets fed up of me wingeing on, but you girls don't seem to! :p

Wednesday 19th Extra Easy

B - mixed fruit salad (melon, kiwi, plums, apple)

L - Jacket potato and beans, side salad. Banana

D - Spicy pork and pepper pasta bake. (Diced pork with cumin and chilli, lots of peppers from the greenhouse, onions, tinned tomatoes, all mixed with pasta and cheese and baked in the oven). Served with salad.

Supper - 4 ryvita (HEB) with cottage cheese and spring onion

A choice is milk

Syns - 2 tbsp parmesan (3) Highlights (2) 2 Rich Tea (4) Total = 9

Last edited:
Thursday 20th Extra Easy

B - 3 rashers bacon, 2 "fried eggs", tinned tomatoes and mushroom. 2 small toast (B choice)

L - Left over pork & pasta bake and side salad

D - Spicy minced beef and lentils served with cauliflower and broccoli.

A - milk

Snacks - Banana

Syns - A wonderfully huge home made (by me) scone with home made (by me) jam and cream. Yum Yum. big. fat. piglet!!!

Last edited:
Thanks Mary, I do have renewed motivation but had company last night so "had" to make and eat scones!!

Back on it (again) today. No more than 10 syns allowed!!

Friday 21st August

Breakfast - 2 small slices toast (B) with 2 laughing cow lights (3 syns)
Banana

Lunch - Mild curry savoury rice with half a plate of salad
Banana & 4 plums

Dinner - Carbonara with 2 rashers smokey bacon (3 syns) and a big salad on the side

Syns - had 6 in food so not many left now! Skinny Cow HC (2) Total = 8.

B choice of 4 ryvita with cottage cheese for supper

Last edited:
Hello! Just catching up. Been mega busy this week so I'm sorry I've not really had chance to check in.
Well done on your loss! I'm glad it was better than you expected. Result! Scones sound gorgeous. Love a scone... butter and jam for me! Mmm.

At last, an hour to sit down and catch up, busy day but it's been so sunny so been pottering in the garden. Lovely.

Saturday 22nd August

Breakfast - 2 poached eggs, loads of fresh tomatoes on 2 small toast (B)

Lunch - Jacket potato with beans and cheese (A)

Dinner - Amazing!!! Loads of roasted veg with tinned toms poured over and 2tbsp parmesan (3 syns)

I'll probably have my trusted 4 ryvita (B) with cottage cheese later and a skinny cow HC taking me to 5 syns for the day. Hopefully.....

Update - just realised that not much fruit has passed my lips today so I'm tucking into a big bowl of blueberries and Total 0% greek yoghurt with a sprinkle of splenda. Yum.

Last edited:
Sunday 23rd August Extra Easy Peasy

Breakfast 2 poached eggs and lots of beef tomatoes sliced on 2 small toast (B)

Lunch Roast beef, potatoes, cabbage, green beans, carrots and gravy (2 syns)

Fresh fruit salad and FF natural yoghurt.

Dinner Thai crab cakes (from the EE cookbook) with home made salsa, salad and egg noodles.

Syns - 3 ryvita (4.5) with cottage cheese. Skinny Cow HC drink (2) Total = 8.5

Last edited:
Hi Jaylou, how are you today, was just looking at your diary for yesterday, the crabcakes and noodles with salsa sound lovely, i think i will get the extra easy cook book. I'm hearing of lots of lovely recipies from it. xx

Morning Betty, I'm feeling pretty good today, I should be due a loss this week but feel a bit bloated so we shall see what tomorrow night brings!!

The crab cakes were fantastic!! A real success, even OH loved them and he's never had crab before. I was well chuffed with them.
The EE cookbook is good, give it a go hun.
Have a good day.
Jayxx

I must check body optimise's book shop and see if they have any. What other types of recipies do they have. It is stuff that is quite simple to make, there is nothing worse than long winded recipies x

There's all sorts! Lasagne, lancashire hot pot, pork pasta, soups, chilli, err - I'm racking my brains now without the book in front of me! The recipes are easy, the crab cakes didn't take any making - I just had to make them in the morning as they have to chill all day before cooking! It's the best SW cookbook I've bought so far.

Monday 24th August Extra Easy

Breakfast - blueberries & strawberries with FF greek yoghurt

Banana

Lunch - SW quiche made with left over roast veg from Saturday night, with salad. Banana. (I'm hungry now, I want to eat this already!!)

Raspberries & a fat free yoghurt which strangely has 2 syns. Hmm.

Dinner - Sausage casserole. WW sausages X3 (1.5 syns) with carrot, onion, tinned toms, paprika. Served with french beans and potatoes.

Syns - Hot chocolate (2) total syns = 5.5

B choice - hi fi bar (supper snack!)

Last edited:
Tuesday 25th - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2 weetabix (B) with milk (A) and half a banana

Snack - banana

Lunch - Tuna and mixed salad

Dinner - will be... spaghetti carbonara. Only had this recently (I try to vary!) but it's quick and easy for a WI night as I don't get home til 7pm and I'm starving by then!!!

Syns - hmm, not sure, I'll go to Tesco and have a bag of revels I think for a cheeky little 8.5 syns :)

Back