Jaylou's diary~Much better now!

It's not too bad really Mary - it does take more planning than a "normal" week and I can't have my mountains of pasta or risotto or half a plate of chips and beans! The meals tend to be meat/fish based for the third and then veg - I bought some butternut squash which really hasn't been very nice, not sweet enough at all - bit annoyed really.
I'm doing it again today but Sat/Sun I'm away so I'll try to be as good as possible and do EE then back on SE for Monday.

Still feel really swollen with AF though - Grr! At least if I don't lose this week, I know I have done the best I can to get one, when my head is in the right place I can do this!! :D

Wow, what a load of waffle - on with the food for today.....

Friday 24th SE

B - beans (1/3) eggs and fresh tomatoes (2/3) with a HEX B of 2 small slices of bread

L - Superfree quiche (eggs, cottage cheese, broccoli, mushrooms, onions, peppers) (2/3) with beans (1/3) - I may as well finish the tin off from breakfast!!

D - Prawns (1/3) and peppers stew (2/3) made with tinned toms, peppers, onions and spices finished off with a squeeze of lime juice. Served with little bit of rice to make up the 1/3 of the plate with the prawns! I'll have a bowl of mixed salad on the side too.

A - Milk
A -
B - Bread
B -

Syns -

Snacks - banana

Last edited:
Thank goodness I had 3 SE days from Wednesday as the weekend has been written off. We were away, Saturday lunch was fine, superfree quiche and lots of fruit but I had half a scone with cream and jam and then burger (home made) with a few chips and salad for evening meal and 2 very small slices of garlic bread.

Sunday started with a wonderful breakfast, not too big but contained a lovely fried egg and a sausage along with grilled mushrooms and bacon. I treated myself to toast and lemon curd too......

Sunday lunch was a ham sandwich and a piece of fruit cake.

Sunday's dinner was a huge prawn and egg salad (back at home - phew!) with a slice of bread.

Hmm.... that seems a bit excessive, I had 5 slices of bread yesterday!! Oh well, we did walk 30 miles so hopefully it kind of balances out the food :p

Monday 27th SE

B - Banana

L - home made vegetable soup (2/3 courgette, onion, garlic, pepper and chard, tinned toms) with cannelini beans (1/3)

D - Meditteranea chicken hot pot - chicken (1/3) with peppers, onion, tomatoes & herbs (2/3) served with french beans

A - milk
A -
B - Ryvita (& cottage cheese)
B -

Snacks
Syns - 3 rich tea (6)

Last edited:
All that walking will definitely have paid off Jay ~ you sound like you had a good time. Still 2 days of SE before WI so you will be fine for a loss this week hun xx

My goodness hun 30 miles of walking! I definatley wouldn't worry about the bread! Your menus sound delish I may have to copy some of your ideas. I hope all is going ok with you.

Thanks Shirley & Mary, you girls are fab!
All good today, I haven't quite got my head in the right place after a weekend off and with going on hols on Saturday I'm ready to say s*d it to SW really!!!

Wow...nice food yesterday! You're really giving it some welly with SE aren't you. I'm impressed. I seem to be losing the plot totally!
Give me some of your willpower please?!

Hope you have a fab result tonight :)

Last edited:
Thanks everyone :)

Hellie - sending you good willpower vibes across the ether...... hope they reach you chick.

I'm hoping for a STS this week, although I did a total of 13 hours walking I certainly ate some grub so hoping it cancels it out. Fingers crossed. I've not eaten much today...... roll on half five, I hate the couple of hours before WI!!

Fingers crossed hun but I am sure you will be just fine. I WI at home as like weemo don't go to class and I have to do it after breakfast or around lunch (I have to WI at my mums as I don't own any scales) and the suspense kills me!! x

Well ladies, I am pleased to report that I lost half a pound!! So it seems the SE cancelled out the weekend's carnage when it came to food - yippee.
Not going on holiday under target as I had hoped but hey ho, these things happen. I will go away on Friday night, enjoy my holiday and face the music when I return!!

Woohoo! *does celebratory dance and hopes to burn off calories at the same time*

What's the plan of attack now? A few more SE days before you go away so you're maximising SW time?!?!

Well done x

Hey hun thats great news, I knew all that walking etc would have paid off. Have a fantastic holiday x

So, a couple of "good" days before I go away on Friday night and disaster starts :D

Wednesday 29th EE

B - blueberries & FF shape yoghurt

L - home made veg and bean soup, shape yoghurt, cherries

D - bacon, eggs, SW chips & fresh tomatoes (I have sooooooo many in the greenhouse I gotta eat some!!)

A - Milk
B - Bread (chip butties mmmm!)

Snacks - crudites
Syns - garlic and herb dip (not the FF kind :mad:) about a quarter of a pot so probably my days syns! - just checked, 1 level tbsp is 3.5 syns so 15 is probably correct!

Actually writing this down really helps, I felt a real glutton after eating this yesterday especially as I stood in front of the fridge door and ate it (old habits die hard....) but it wasn't that bad really

Last edited:
Last full day before holidays!! I won't post my food from tomorrow as we are starting our holiday with a meal on the way out, although I will probably have steak and jacket spud I may (will??) have a pud!

Thursday 30th Green

B - banana and FF yoghurt

L - crudites and tzatziki (home made with FF nat yog, cucumber and mint) with green salad and cannelini beans.

D - Tesco finest moussaka 10.5 syns!!! served with mixed salad and some new potatoes. (part of a meal deal that is always worth getting for the bottle of wine for OH!)

A - milk
A - milk
B - 28g muesli
B -

At least this plan makes allowances for such treats, it seems a lot of syns when I could make it for free or low syn but lets face it, sometimes we all need a break from the kitchen and this will be yummy!! The "posh ready meal" as I call it will give me extra time to get the packing sorted out! :p

I usually get a takeaway day before we go on hols, there is always so much to do isn't there? At least doing this it's one less thing for you to concern yourself with. Enjoy your moussaka. I think I've had it before as part of the Meal deal and I enjoyed it.

Have a fantastic holiday Jay, relax and look after yourself xx

Hey hun, Just relax and enjoy your hols hun, I usuall do the same and get a takeaway when we go away although I am usually super naughty and get chinese as there are 2 on our street so an easy option!! I hope you ahve a great holiday hun x

I'm back and back on track with a vengence!
Had a lovely week, really enjoyed it and the food was lovely. We didn't have many meals out, but did have cream tea every single day and pasties a couple of times (well you gotta haven't you :D), pizza and a chinese for tea on two evenings, oh and fudge by the ton!! Wow when I think about it, it's a good job we didn't have lunch and dinner out too....

A sneaky jump on the scales yesterday morning is showing a 3.5lb gain, much deserved and the kick I needed to start back on plan yesterday morning. Let's see what Tuesday night WI brings....

Sunday's food SE (of course!)

B - strawbs and blueberries with FF natural yoghurt

L - Tuna nicoise salad (tuna, egg, french beans, leaves, onion, pepper) Muller light

D - chicken breast with roasted vegetables (pepper, onion, courgette, aubergine, tomatoes - all from the garden!) and ratatouille poured over the top

A - Milk
B - Bread X2

Syns - very small slice home made banana cake (my daughter baked it) and 2tsp blackcurrant jam (on the bread for supper)

Monday 10th SE

B - blueberries and banana and choc/vanilla mullerlight

L - Tuna nicoise salad (as per yesterday, I have a lot of beans to use up!!)

D - Meatballs and ratatouille with salad

A - milk
A - Parmesan
B - Bread
B -

Syns 4 rich tea biscuits (8) - I just couldn't stop!

Last edited:
Back