Jayne's Food Diary! Comments Welcome!

Jayne E

So today is my first day of slimming world. I'm going to try to update my food diary every few days and as I am new to this welcome all comments, suggestions and if I make any errors with sys, etc!

I'll also try and give a bit of background to my day and life, cos I'm nosey too and like it when others do that!!

Today has been a strange day for me all round. I'm likely to be made redundant soon, so I volunteered in my local school for the day today, to gain teaching experience as I plan on going back to Uni next year to do teacher training. Previously I would have used any such change as an excuse to pig out, comfort eat etc, but can't keep that up.
New opportunities - new diet.
It's going to be hard enough going back to uni as a 30 something, let alone a fat 30 something!!

So food! - Red day

Breakfast - 2 weetabix (HEB) and milk HEA (HEB)

Snack - banana

Lunch - SW Quiche made with eggs, fat free cottage cheese, lean ham, peppers and mushrooms. Salad, some wafer thin ham.
Asda low fat yoghurt (1.5 syns)

Tea - Chicken with Chicken Tonight Sauce (3.5 syns), Veg, Potatoes (HEB)
Apple

If I'm hungry later I've got the rest of the quiche in the fridge, and some fruit. So imagine I will end the day on 5 syns.

I'm going to try and save my syns for the weekend.

What do you think of my choices so far?

Hiya, looks very good to me! I'm a SW returner, I know green and red really well but not EE, and that looks great, fruit and veg and filling food :)

Day two. Back to work today. Was very good despite the biscuits, tin of celebrations, voucher for work shop and general bad mood being back at work after week off.

Green Day

Breakfast - shreddies (HEB) Skimmed Milk (HEA)

Snack - Banana

Lunch - Low fat supernoodles and 1 slice brown bread (3.5 syns)
Low fat yoghurt (1.5 syns)

Tea - Home made chilli con carne, made with extra lean mince (HEB), loads of tomatoes, onion, kidney beans etc. Rice. (Syns for sauce mix - 1)
Slice of good for you garlic bread - (4.5 syns)

Snack - apple

Total syns - 9.5

Regretting the garlic bread, don't feel it was worth the syns, but it was in the freezer already and now it's gone so I won't buy it again.
Will also be buying better yoghurts when I go shopping!
I have Asda chosen for you low fat strawberry ones (125g pots), am guestimating the syn value, anyone know for certain?

Day 3

Another day at work, but been good again!

Breakfast - weetabix (HEB) and Milk (HEA)

Snack - banana

Lunch - last of SW Quiche, salad, lean ham
Low fat yoghurt (1.5 syns)

Snack - apple. Quick sandwhich with 1 slice of bread (3.5 syns) 1 extra light laughing cow cheese triangle (HEA) lean ham.

Tea - chicken with potatoes, carrots and green beans, with a packet mix of spices (1 syn).

Digestive biscuit (3.5 syns) - annoying that 1/2 of it fell in my cup of tea!!

Total syns - 9.5

So if I allow 15 per day, this means so far this week I have saved 21 syns for the weekend! Will need them cos my parents are visiting and it's my mother in laws birthday - going to be a real test!

Another day at work, another good diet day!

Green day

Breakfast - Fruit and fibre (HEB) Milk (HEA)

Snack - apple

Lunch - supernoodles, yoghurt (1.5 syns) some celery sticks

Snack - apple

Tea - home made spag bol & pasta

Total syns so far have only been 1.5, so I'm debating having a glass of wine or two tonight.......

Back