Jelly Sweets the SW way

Blaze said:
I tried these tonight, I used one sachet of blackcurrent jelly, one sachet of Asda's version of vege-gel (I forget the name) and some total 0% yoghurt.

They were really nice, but not at all chewy. I was expecting them to be at least slightly chewy - did I get the wrong end of the stick? They really were just like easting very solid cubes of jelly and didn't satisfy my sweet craving at all. Still nice, though, but I'd rather have normal jelly.

I said exactly the same thing that they taste like eating a "raw" cube of jelly and I wasn't much of a fan really :(

I'm glad it's not just me then - when I think of jelly sweets, I want something chewy with a bite to it. Ah well, the search continues...

i reckon i am going to try these i have bought the gelatine and some yummy sugar free squash

I'm going to give these a go tomorrow.. particularly interested in the ones with yogurt in!

I was thinking once they are out of the container that they might be nice dusted in powdered sweetner to finish them off!

I used cold water not boiling water! Could this be why they aren't setting properly even after 3 hours? I dont think the geletin mixed in properly!

Yep - the gelatine needs hot water to melt and mix with the other ingredients. It would be like trying to make up a sachet of jelly with cold water - it just won't work sorry.

What do the yogurt ones taste like? A bit like the white milk bottles or am i just dreaming? lol! Really want to try these soon, would be great to nibble on at the cinema while the OH has M&Ms etc lol xx

I far far far prefer the yogurt version. I make a batch most days at the moment for a 1.5 syn evening treat :eek:

I made them for our taster evening on Wednesday (1 batch strawb and yog, 1 batch blackcurrant and yog) and they went down very well. Compared to haribo :)

The ones without yog taste just like jelly cubes straight from the pack to me.

I made some today!

Strawberry jelly + strawberry yogurt...
They're weird lol. I can't decide if I like them or not?
Maybe I did something wrong?

Could someone post a step-by-step recipe for the yogurt ones because I think I confused myself. It was nice, but the bottom had a kind of 'skin' on it which i don't like!

this time i'll do it ! said:
Have 2 agree, very nice. I made orange jelly with mandarin mullerlight, very fruity.

Oo love the sound of that.
Goo.g to try these tomor

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

tried these yesterday and i didnt like them just tasted like jelly cubes but i aint giving up i'm gonna try the ones with yog next :)

Oooo im very interested in this!! Gonna try them tonight affter a terrible 2 weeks off plan!!

Lets face it we are never going to find a syn free/low alternative that are going to be exactly like harribo!

xx

They have been nommed Bunny ;) hehe

The sprogs ate most of them and are asking for blackcurrant ones tomorrow. I need to track down sugarfree cherry jelly to make sour cherry sweets.

Back