Jelly Sweets the SW way

my mouth is watering just reading this thread

Have made these a couple of times and the kids like them ,but I just find they are like eating cubes of jelly from a packet that hasn't been made yet!!!
Not sure if I like them or not!!!!

Tracy831 said:
Have made these a couple of times and the kids like them ,but I just find they are like eating cubes of jelly from a packet that hasn't been made yet!!!
Not sure if I like them or not!!!!

I know what you mean- they do become moreish though and yummier with yogurt

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well, they're a winner. Did them with half water and half diet lemonade and two sachets of gelatine. Texture just right for me. Thanks :)

I made some with fat free natural yoghurt, still used 2 sachets of gelatine and made up to half a pint and then poured some yoghurt in and gave it a good stir. Mine didn't seperate at all and looked a bit like a blamange! They were very nice

Must be my bad mixing effort - lol.
I used 1 sachet jelly, 1/4 pint water 1/4 yogurt and 2 sachets gelatine.

Jelly lined the bottom and hard blancmange topped it.

All that talk I must make more for tomorrow yum

what do you all set it in? i did mine in a baking tray but i struggled to get it out into any sort of shape, it was just a jumbled mess by time i had done with a few sweet cubes lol :) help!

Liseinleeds said:
what do you all set it in? i did mine in a baking tray but i struggled to get it out into any sort of shape, it was just a jumbled mess by time i had done with a few sweet cubes lol :) help!

Hiya

I set mine in a square Tupperware container so that jelly is only about 1cm deep.

Kx

Hiya
Once set I cut it into cubes and then lift with a fish slice or spatula- it lifts cleanly from Tupperware.

Kx

I shall definitely be giving this a go very soon!!! Thanks for sharing!

hi, i made these today just using the jelly, hot water and diet lemonade, and they're lovely, even hubby likes them, and he's very picky about his jellies:D

How long do these take to set? Have a taster tonight and just wondering if when I finish at two if I have them made up and in the fridge by 3 if they would be good to eat by 7.30?

Yeah defo, when I had my taster night I put them
In at half 3 and took them out at 7 and they were fine and also a massive hit lol x

yummymummy1985 said:
Yeah defo, when I had my taster night I put them
In at half 3 and took them out at 7 and they were fine and also a massive hit lol x

Oops forgot to put the gelatine in after I poured them into the moulds!!!
They were yummy soft squishy yogurt/jellies though!!

Kx

Back