Jelly

stokegal

Silver Member
So yesterday I made some jelly with a sachet of gelatine, water and CD water flavouring, it has set overnight and I've just tasted it- yum!!!

One question though - is it ok on SS / SS+? Does the gelatine not add any calories?

I was very impressed with it and so was OH and DS - OH even said that he prefered it to the Rowntrees one I made the other day. Surely something this nice can't allowed? :D

You're limited to how much flavouring you can have in a day aren't you? What quantities do you use of everything?

i use 300ml of boiling water to dissolve the gelatine then make it up to 500 ml with cold water, add about 1/2 teaspoon of flavouring.i then put that in to 2 dishes so have it 2 days on the trot

I used a pint of water (as per gelatine sachet instructions), 1 sachet of gelatine and 2 teaspoons of water flavouring - thinking I'd eat it over 2 days so 1 teaspoon/day but it is a bit too sweet so I'll make it with 1 teaspoon of water flavouring going ahead - It's lovely but I have to say it tastes like lemon not like orange which is strange because it is orange flavouring

Oh Im going to try this! It all adds to the water intake, surely?!

Oo - that'd be even better - it's super cheap too - I got the gelatine sachets from Morrisons - 69p for 6 individual Dr Oetker sachets

Ooh haven't tried this yet.

I find it tastes more like lemon than orange too, like old fashioned lemonade.

Feels and tastes like creamola foam on the tongue.... i know i shouldn't dip my finger in the tub and lick but it was nice lol

so wont the mix a mousse work in place of the gelatine as i thought it was actually gelatine????

hmm i have one on the fridge forming lol nice one thanks for the new idea :)

yes but i prefer the gelatine as with the mix a mousse you get a froth on top, its nice tho

I found that if you put cling film over the top of the pot as soon as u have poured it in u dont get froth ontop!

Back