Jenm's diary

jenm

Ok this is 155377934680th attempt at coming back! I lost about 5 stone on lighterlife a few years ago, have put on about 4 of that :( only because 'I' didn't change my eating habits & just went back to eating the same crap as I did before!! = my fault!

Done a few previous attempts over the last few months but found it hard to stick to & kept sabotaging myself. Just back from a hen party & the pics horrified me! I am the fattest out my friends! That's when I realised I have to get this weight off & stick to the plan until its off. I know it won't be easy, but trying to remember the excitement & energy I felt first time round and how delighted I was every week when the weight came off!!

This is my day 2, yesterday was fine as excited about getting started. Today is fine, had a sore head this morning but just drinking my way through it.

I think me keeping a diary will be good for me as I can take not of how I'm feeling & be inspired by others. There was a girl in my group last week who I've not seen for ages & she just looks amazing, she's inspired me to get to goal :)

Well nearing the end of day 2.....don't remember feeling this crap as normally don't struggle, but today I've been really lethargic, sore head, just generally feeling crap :( I'm sticking in there, just had my 3rd pack & will have a shepherds pie before bed. Hopefully tomorrow I'll begin to feel better.

Day 3. Still feel crap, sore head, bit sick, bit lethargic :( roll on ketosis hopefully feel better tomorrow x

Day 3 is halfway over now and Ketosis will kick in soon and then you're start to feel really great again, just hang in there.
I'm a returner like you I put back more than I'd lost will LL as that time was losing 3st I'd put back of the 8 stone I'd lost before with Atkins and Rosemary Conley. So in for longer this time.
I also tried various times to do it again to control my weight but didn't manage.
So I really empathise with you but I'm sure you can do it this time as you sound determined this time.
Also lots of lovely people on here to help and encourage you.
Go for it.

Thanks rosieposie :)

Day 4 - feel much better today, must be in ketosis. Don't really believe the ketone sticks at it said I was in ketosis by day 2 *confused*

Feeling much less bloated already, love the feeling I get when I'm on lighterlife!! Feeling fairly positive, need to get this weight off for good so got to start somewhere & I know it won't be easy. As long as I keep going to my weekly classes and take my packs I will succeed :)

End of day 4....allowed bars tomorrow HOORAY!! Can't wait to come home after work & tuck into my nut fudge bar!

Well apart from being light headed today, I've felt much better & feeling positive I can continue well on my LL journey :)

day 5 :D Feeling quite chuffed i've stayed on track. Feeling better today although a bit trapped wind. Have had my bar for lunch, hoping that relieves the situation being a bit of bulk and all that ;) Think i'll have soup around 4pm and tea at 8. Ate a bit late last night and felt full in bed.

Have been thinking a lot about food today, only because I'm in the office and everyone around me is eating - person sits nearest me eating my fave savoury dish ******* lol

Looking forward now to 1st way in, but in the past I've sabotaged myself Thursday night after weigh in and had a 'treat/food reward' on way home from group, what's that all about??? Need to stop that as it's when I have previously lost the plot and come off track. Will leave my wallet at home so no way I can go to shops.

End of day 5, drank at least 5litrs of water today, feel great! Defo well in ketosis as not even hungry or thinking about food and all my bloating feeling round the middle has gone.

Off to walk the dogs, night all x

Day 6 WOOO !!

One day to WI. Keep going

Day 7 :D

Feel a bit sicky this afternoon but think i've drunk too much water...you know that feeling when your all full up inside and water logged :rolleyes:

Will go easy this afternoon as have first WI tonight anyhoo. Looking forward to it, should give me a good boost, stuck to plan 100% and feel good.

I was meant to be going to a pamper day on saturday at Stobo castle with friends, which includes a 3 course lunch (booked before i started the diet). I don't feel confident enough to avoid food around them as can't deal with really opinionated people, also don't want to do lite for that day as feel i'm too early on in my diet to be able to get back right on track after.

I'm feeling good, usually after the excitement of the 1st week weight loss i feel the need to start lapsing, just silly things that lead to bigger things. I need to keep focussed and stay to plan to get the 1st 2 stone off for my friends wedding in April.

Hoping everyone else is doing well and has good weight losses this week :D

1st weigh in tonight and lost 10lbs. Really pleased with that, roll on week 2 :D

Jen great start. Only 4lbs to go and you've lost a massive STONE. So worth feeling a bit crap for.
Keep on those packs and keep losing to be such a winner. Would add loads of smiley faces for you but don't know how to on phone

So fecking angry with myself right now! I'm going to a pamper day at stobo castle with my good friends tomorrow & already discussed with my councillor that I could prob do light on that day!

Well here's me back to my usual ways thinking well if I'm eating tomorrow I may as well start now! What a d*ck I am!! No self control at all and had lunch out with a colleague & didn't even have something healthy!!

Moving on....light tomorrow then straight back on packs Sunday! Raging! I was so determined not to waiver off packs :(

Ok your angry with yourself but you must forgive yourself and try to learn from this it is early days for you yet.
Have you planned exactly what you are going to do tomorrow food wise I think it helps to know what you are going to do about each meal and remember to keep the one meal that you are having as low carb and high protein
Enjoy the day and keep remembering that it is about having a lovely time with your good friends and you don't have to have food to do that.
Have you discussed LL with your friends, will they help you?
Then as you say back completely on track on Monday
Good luck

Oops, back on track Sunday

Ok well fell off the wagon over the weekend but back on track today. Still got 3 weeks until friends wedding, can do a lot in that time :)

Pee'd off with myself. Since fri I've been eating (all the wrong things!) :(

Got class tomorrow night so hoping it gets me back in the mood!

It's 3 weeks till my friends wedding so really need to get my finger out. I've got a dress but it's only going to look good on me if I'm at least another half a stone lighter!

Back