Jenny's moved on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you're not laid up ill in bed Jen...if you are, I hope BB's running after you!!!!

xx

Haha Jess, no no drunken ramblings. Though when we were back at his house and he was being forced to drink a glass of water before bed, I did have a description of the stripper, and how she was only there for 4 1/2 minutes, and she was all silicon and fake hair and fake nails... And yes, he is Scottish :) I love love LOVE his accent! Doubt I'd ever get him to wear a kilt though haha

Thanks for the motivation boosting powers, Hannah :) It's really strange, I don't know how it's happened. I turned down cakes at work again today, and decided on broccoli instead of cheese on toast, when I was feeling peckish earlier... Bloimey!

I love the fishy shaped pizza, that is quality and I have to try something like that myself! Awesome!

I tried to make a star one too, but it just looked funny haha.
Maybe a biiiiiiiig smiley face!

See, if I was doing a Come Dine With Me, everything would be weird. We're talking steak cut into fish shaped with cookie cutters, or blue cake, or somethings like that haha. Move over, Heston Blumenthal...! ;)

Thanks Kals :) Feeling a bit better now, but not sure if that is purely down to mums birthday cake!!

As for BB running about after me - As if! I had a text off him at lunchtime saying "Have u managed food today or are you still "funny"?"
hah. Thanks for the sympathy, darling..!

I've done a bit better foodwise today.
Breakfast was poached eggs on toast
Lunch was a WW chicken casserole with dumplings. Well, I found a singular dumpling. False advertising, Weightwatchers, not impressed :p
Tea was a minted turkey steak, potato wedges and broccoli. Though the broccoli got eaten in dribs and drabs as the wedges were baking..!
Snacks at work - I had a banana and a muller strawberry granola yogurty thing. I like these a little too much I think. But the rate I eat them, I'll be sick of the sight of them by the end of the month, and back to my fat free vanilla stuff.

Oh, and I returned the Nintendogs - all in one piece... :)

Good news - down 1lb.
Bad news - Day was pretty strange. Struggling to focus on full sentences to be honest.

Today was Kevin's funeral. He was 29 stone and the rumour is that he was prescribed incorrect medication which lead to a heart attack. Realistically, there is a school of thought that his size brought on his heart attack. Needless to say, the guy was just into his 40s.

Today on the way to work, I drove past the house where a 60 year old woman was murdered by a 30 year old woman. Rumours seem to indicate that they were related, and that it was money/drugs/both related.

Today I get a text from Boyracer, who I used to date, for maybe 3 months back in 2008. It was never anything serious between us, and we have remained friends. He text me today to say that his mum died early monday morning. He's 26, same as me, and is now all alone.

My dad went to Kevin's funeral. I didn't know him. My dad has come back really spooked, and has said to me how scared he is for me, for my health. This scared me too. In my family, is a history of heart conditions, overweight-ness, diabetes, angina, high blood pressure, and various other ailments.

I made a lasagne for tea. I used low fat cheese, extra lean mince, bulked it out with veggies and used skimmed milk in the cheese sauce. It worked out at 330 cals a serving, I ate mine with a heap of broccoli too rather than chips. I am eating a hell of a lot healthier now than I ever have been, but I struggle to nip the binges in the bud. THIS is my downfall.

I need to pull myself together. I need to get a grip. This fannying about has gone on too long now, but there is no point in sitting here blaming myself. I need to be pro-active and do something to fix it. It's my life, it's my body. I may not have the motivation, but I have to start somewhere.

I am not enjoying CCing. I feel neurotic counting every single thing. It is working, I have lost again this week, but I feel like I'm losing my mind and it is taking over my life, numbers everywhere.

Enough excuses. I need the support of a group. I need a place that I have to go to, once a week, and get weighed infront of an independant person who doesn't mind what I do. I need to have someone to answer to, someone who is there on, say, wednesday evenings, and says WELL DONE when the numbers go the right way. At the moment, I am weighing myself at home about 6 times a week, no regular slot, and just picking the best one.. that's not right lol I'm just cheating myself.

So I need to establish what is more important: Planning ahead or being able to be spontaneous. Having set food lists, or anything in moderation. Since I appear to have an issue with binging, and portion control, I think I prefer the flexibility and need the portion control that Weightwatchers brings. Plus, it makes it easier on the fella, he wouldn't feel the impact of my dietting so much.

So... A new class, a new start, a new plan. Wish me luck, I fear I may need it.....

Well thought out plan Jen and sending many positive vibes for the restart. I'd love to be able to do this without a class but for now I need to have a set time and someone to weigh me. I do like the extra support of the classes too.

Sad events can be an eye opener and give us the kick we need to get sorted. When is the big restart starting iykwim?

Massive massive good luck vibes being sent into cyber space for you Jen.
Sounds like a very disturbing time, I went through a few months like that where anytime I spoke to someone they were telling me so and so had died it really started to freak me out.
I hope you find the support you need at a meeting hun.

(((((BIG HUGS)))))

Sorry to hear of all the sadness Jen...it really does make you think and I think you're post has given me the motivation to get my ass in gear and really do it.....we have already done so well so far and if we both stick with it and stop picking/binging we will get to goal!!

Let's make a pact that from this day on we stop the picking & the binging and remain 100% WW all the way!!!!

Hope you have a great 100% wednesday and the lasagne sounded lovely....any leftovers u wanna post down to me!!!??..xxx

Aw Jen! Big hugs to you!!! And all the positive vibes your way for the journey ahead :vibes: My way of looking at it is it's most definitely a marathon, not a sprint, and I know for me it's involving a lot of 'training' - re conditioning my body not to expect what it's always got... And it will happen. You've got all ur minimates behind you :) xxxxx :553:

Well done on your loss hun and good luck with your new plan, I know you can do it!

xxx

How has your day been Jenny penny from the aberdeenshire block!!!

xxx

I've spent a good 3 hrs tonight with my folks "discussing" the summer work that needs done in the house this year, before we get the bad weather.

I am in charge of cooking and cleaning, and doing the family shop. As well as helping out with some of the work that needs done on the outside.

This is good, this means I have better command over what food is in the house, and what junk is chucked out. :) It also means I can get parents to eat healthier now. Wahey!

Unfortunately, most of this conversation was stressful and raised voices, and not very friendly.
I ate a second dinner. Felt bad, like I had blown my first mental new day, but I have totted it all up and I'm at 24.5 points for the day. Nice! :)

Not made the best choices though.

Breakfast - Scrambled eggs & toast 5
Lunch - Lasagne 5
Tea - Chips and broccoli 2.5
2nd tea - Lasagne 5
Snacks - 2 Muller Granola yogurts. They're all gone now, which will aid my addiction... And an apple and a banana total 7

Total 24.5.

Going forward now, this is where I will not be strictly following the rules [A-HA! You all shout, we knew there would be a twist to Jenny doing WW!] I should be on 27 points. I am starting on 25 instead. Reason for this - I can comfortably live of 23 points a day, and if I allow myself the full 27, I will fill up on chocolate which is not what I want to do. And this time, I will count *everything*. Every spread of marg no matter how small. Every dash of milk in tea, even if it is skimmed milk. Every squirt of ketchup and BBQ sauce. Even... for the first time in my dietting life.... so the first time since 1984 :p I will point my alcohol.

Today, I've been noticeably quieter at work than usual. I say noticeably, because I was actually summoned to the office to check that I was ok.. Thinking about the recent events as well as being super busy. I work across 3 departments and on a week by week basis, Wednesdays are the busiest days for me on two of those. Plus, a technical problem on the third department meant work carried over, so basically, I was really busy today, and I have heaps to carry on with tomorrow. It's ok, I like being busy, I like sticking my MP3 player on and getting stuck in to work!

I think I might go to the class tomorrow night. It is either Thursdays, or Mondays. I will see if I have the bottle tomorrow :)

Thank you all... <3 you all xxx

PS - Jenny from the Aberdeenshire Block... I like that :D

I like the way you seemto come in within points even when you think you havent. I cant seem to get to grips with this one myself must practice more.

Good news that you'll be in charge of family eating - will they complain if its too healthy or just be grateful to get a meal cooked?

Have a fab Thursday

Haha, I am honestly not sure with that one. I managed to sneak veggies into mums lasagne, by blitzing them into the tomato sauce, and she didn't NOTICE, so there is hope.

I told dad that this means he will have no more fried food at teatime, and he said that was fine, he didnt care, and that he'd just have bigger fry ups for breakfast after I've gone to work.....:rolleyes:

I'm quite looking forward to it, to be honest. Getting some variety into my folks! They are kinda in a stew / something-with-chips cycle. It'll be good to get some different pasta dishes, some curries, some fish... something different on the table :)

I am determined that tomorrow will be a good day. 100% on this. It's only me losing out at the end of the day if I don't!
Have a great day too everyone! xx :)

:D shall look forward to hearing what you are going to be introducing to the folk and there reaction in eating it
hope today goes well Jen
100% all the way

Hiya Jen,
Just wanted to say - your 'motivation bit' a few posts ago is really inspirational. So horrid to have to cope with such sad things - but you are totally doing the right thing. You could have felt sad and binged - but instead you took the opportunity to be proactive so well done you.

As for the restart - I'm sending you big good luck vibes. You sound so convinced this time and honestly and truly I really think that going back to group sounds like a good idea. You get that ongoing support, you know it works and you've got someone to answer to. Mainly yourself really because the leader won't be that bothered - but just knowing you have to admit it to yourslf might make the biggest difference. Anyway - sounds really good.

Hope you're having a good day x x x x

P.S. Also looking forward to hearing menus/reaction from rents. Fabulous!

:clap:go Jenny, go Jenny, go Jenny :clap: *Ricki Lake style*

Really good to come back into your diary and see you so fired up :D

Looking forward to reading about all the different dishes you'll be serving up!

Hey hey :)

Been super busy at work, and sorting things for my brother's appearance. I haven't had a great deal of time to catch up, but should have a couple of hours over the weekend....!

Yesterday, I was ok with food - not brilliant, but ok. 28 points, instead of the 25 I should have had.

Today -
Breakfast - Poached eggs on toast [5]
Lunch - chicken burger [6]
Tea - quorn steak strips [1] and chips maybe [3]
Snacks - grapes, banana, apple, yogurt [4]
I also have 2 WW caramel shortcakes to have [5] these are disappointingly small... lol
So that's 24 points so far.

I'm allowing myself to be slightly relaxed over the weekend, because of things that are going on and whatnot. No point stressing over the diet. I felt skinnier this morning, my belly wasn't so chunky, that's for sure, but it did take a lot of willpower to *not* step on the scales. I didn't do it :)

On the way home from work yesterday, I stopped by Tescoids and got some pointed stuff. Some caramel shortcakes, which as mentioned I am already disappointed with and I haven't even had one yet. So small! There was also some [new? never seen them before anyway] cheesecakes in the chiller section - raspberry and lemon ones. I went for the raspberry ones to try. 3.5 points each, but they look quite nice. A bit posher looking than the frozen ones anyway! I also got my good ol' apple crumble slices, love these with a dollop of low fat ambrosia, and plenty of fruit and veggies. Oh! And some mini meringues, so I can make eton mess. As you can see, I'm trying to wean myself off chocolate... haha.

I was actually really sneaky in tescos too. No, I don't mean I nicked anything, lol. I got a text off the boy when I was in Tescos saying "I'm in the supermarket, what do we need?" haha. He was in the Tescos in a different town... so ... I didn't tell him where I was, and casually mentioned that we were running low on Morgans, and suggested a few bits and pieces for dinner at the weekend, because we might be doing something. Usually I would get the food on the way to his and cook, but since he was in the shop anyway... ;)

I've been told we're going somewhere special tomorrow, and I have to make a small picnic. He emphasised the word small....

I'm all excited!

Awww.. sounds fun for you! Have yourself a totally fab weekend!! :) xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back