Jenny's moved on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Lainie :D

I have planned the picnic... I may have gone a little OTT, so still need to narrow it down I think.
*Ham and coleslaw sandwiches
*cocktail sausages for the boy - I won't have those but he said once he used to get these in his packed lunch when he was a kid
*philly dips with ritz crackers instead of crisps
*WW quiche. Though I might keep this for myself instead haha
*Grapes & Strawberries
*Yogurt
*maybe some chocolate, I wanted a flapjack for him, but I couldn't actually find any in the supermarket..

Hmm.

I have to remind myself, he did say "SMALL".... haha :D

Thats my kind of small too, have a fab time where ever you end up. I do like a surprise - well a nice one anyway

I've definitely been 100%. Off plan that is..
There was no way that I could have pointed yesterday, ..

I finally got my backside in gear and got to the fellas house at quarter to 10 on friday night, and he still wouldn't tell me where we were going.
Saturday morning, I get woken up with scrambled eggs on toast and he says "It's a nice day, fancy going to Aviemore?"
ie to the Wildlife Park to see the polar bear... :D

So we drove to Aviemore, and went to the park, and saw heaps of animals - the polar bear, tigers, snow monkeys, arctic foxes [which were black, not white!], pine martins, bison, and my favourite - mooses. Meese. Elks. I am mildly obsessed with Mooses. Amazing animals. There was Prezwalski Horses too, which were mental. They just stopped on the road in front of the cars and refused to budge, it was such a sight, you'd have thought they were statues, they were that still....
We had a light lunch in the cafe, then walked round the zoo bit. Afterwards, we went to the car and drove to one of the lochs, had some sandwiches, and some fruit, and then walked round the loch. It was about 95 minutes, and 6km, so that was quite a lot for me in one day! We got back to the car, shared a chocolate brownie, and went into Aviemore for a cuppa tea and a loo-break before driving back home.
Stopping on the way home to get booze.
And then at his, he made the most delicious risotto, which was so tasty. Very rich so we didn't have huge portions, and stuffed it out with broccoli. He laughed at me because he gave me veg to chop, and I didn't know what it was... I never knew celery came in sticks like that! I would never PICK to eat that stuff, it just ends up in food haha. Anyway, despite eating heaps of celery and broccoli, I don't think that would have balanced out the wine, cider and chocolate pudding that was also consumed. To be fair, he was trying to be helpful with the dessert. They were in those little basins, and had molten chocolate inside sponge cake. He said to me, "these really aren't diet friendly, are you sure you want one? 560 cals each Jen" Answer "yes and have you got any vanilla icecream to go with it?" haha.

I'm paying for the gluttony now though. I just dont think I can hack rich food anymore. The cheesey risotto, and chocolatey dessert, its just too much, my tummy's been talking all night and all day so far. Just gurgling... Oops. Back on the stirfries for tea I think..!

It was such a lovely day. The sun stayed out, and we all nicey nicey to each other too, it was really good. Seriously pink and fluffy. We even spoke loads about London!

Today, I had to make a swift exit to get home and help in the preparations for His Highness showing up tomorrow with the girlfriend. So I rammed a slice of toast with apricot jam down my throat, drank a quarter of a cup of tea [he's out of tetleys. It was posh smokey smelly tea. Eurgh] and left him to watch the GP. I had the leftover quorn steak stuff for my lunch and am about to plot what is for my tea...

OH! I went into the big Tescos to look at their clothes. Usually, I seem to be about a 20-22 on top, so I can sometimes get into things there. I had a good look round, and tried on some stuff, and got a couple of vest tops and a hoodie, but then when I was heading to the till, I went passed the kaftans and things. I thought I could do with one of them, it's only cheap, and saw its S, M L or XL. So I went for the XL. And it's like a tent! I need a belt!!!!
So that cheered me up :D Simple things, ey....

Chit Jen. I just looked up the website and I want to go there! There is so much to do in that area, jeep safaris, reindeers.. awesome! Adam would love it, he loves snowy areas (hence Canada honeymoon) so I think we'll have a weekend up there sometime :) Where's the nearest airport?

Aw your weekend sounds fab!!! I think I would like to visit there :D

xx

It really was, Claire. I must admit though, that after the animals were done and he said "let's go for a walk", I think the colour drained out my face when he said it was a 6km walk, and then when I saw the SIZE of the loch, I was like... 2 hrs? Man, are you sure?? thinking, this is going to take me 4.... SO proud of myself for not whinging and actually DOING it!!! :D I think I could end up liking this fitness malarky!!

Chit Jen. I just looked up the website and I want to go there! There is so much to do in that area, jeep safaris, reindeers.. awesome! Adam would love it, he loves snowy areas (hence Canada honeymoon) so I think we'll have a weekend up there sometime :) Where's the nearest airport?

Oh Canada, ace :D I so want to go there, Biker went there for work years ago and he's got some fabulous photos, and stories of bears and stuff.. I was like this :eek: the whole time he was telling me!

I think the nearest airport would be Inverness, then there is a train station in Aviemore. There's loads of skiing and hill walking and stuff too, and a place called Landmark which seems to be all climbing and rope swings and that kinda adventure playground type thing, but I don't know how kiddy that is, I haven't really looked into that.

I used to live in Stevenage, and we went to Woburn quite a bit. That was a good safari place, that and Whipsnade was a good zoo type place. Woburn can't be that far if you need an interim zoo-stop hehe!

Signed,
Jenny the Zoo Expert.x

Very jealous of your fabulous day out - well worth the waiting for. I love going anywhere to see furry things

After BB had made all that effort it would have been rude not to sample all the food however many calories in it. I keep the old zantac tablets for such occasions, not that Mr V does that sort of thing, unfortunately.

Have a fab week

Aw Jen...your day sounds much better than mine!!!
Wish we'd just left the family at home!! haha!!

I love Aviemore....never been to the zoo-y place but Aviemore itself is just lovely.....there's a cool wee pub/restaurant called the ski - n - doo!! Best burger ever......I asked for red onion with it and the wee man whacked a full red onion on !!! yumilicious!!! haha!!!

xxxx

Yep yep yep! Oh my word, have a great time, I am so jealous!! They never had anything like that when I lived there!!!

Mm your picnic sounded :drool: Love the idea of apple crumble slices with some low fat custard *adds to shopping list*

Have a nice day!

:D I am so pleased you finally got to see ya polar bear Jen
Aviemore sounds absolutely fab
very green with envy
have a lovely week me lovely

Ooooh Jen - Aviemore and the polar bear sounds fab. So nice to hear you've had a lovely, pink and fluffy weekend. Bless you. And the food sounds lush as well. Risotto = drool! Spesh with the cheesey element - yumscious! That bit about the celery did crack me up though - you nutter!

Well done on getting a decent walk done as well - should counteract any 'loved up' damage you may have incurred on the munch front.

I'll update properly later, if I'm allowed any time to myself.

Dad's already had a go at me because I want to cook my own tea instead if having a share of the meal that they have planned - "better than takeaway" pizza, oven chips, and salad which is ready made with a dressing already on it.

It pi$$es me right off. We don't eat that badly normally, why the hell do we have to eat like that cos my brother's here.

This week is going to be bloody hard. x

Just do the best you can Jen, it wont be forever then remember you will have full control of the kitchen

Those apple crumble slices are delicious, I do like them!

Thank you for the support, needless to say I was most annoyed yesterday. I just don't get why we have to put on this stupid show for him, he's my brother, not bloomin royalty. When I lived away and came home for a week, I was expected to muck in, wash dishes, etc etc.

Last night after the pizza feast [I had a jacket potato with coleslaw and ham] I did the dishes, and my mum was all "oh darling thank you for doing the dishes, you're an angel"... I do the dishes every night and you never say thanks, stop being all showy.

I mean we've normally got the Carte Dor low cal ice cream in the freezer, as standard. Which is fine, everyone likes it, it tastes like normal ice cream. But, we have guests, so instead of the normal low cal stuff, we have Tescos Finest Clotted Cream Ice Cream, which is easily triple the calories.. No-one sees the sodding box anyway, why does it matter? Now we have 2 boxes of full fat ice cream in the freezer and no space for my low cal stuff so I don't get my icecream til he's gone back. :sigh:

But hey ho... I was within points yesterday, and a step on the scales - I have lost 1lb again, so that's not too bad!

Food today, on the plan, is:
Breakfast - Toast [3]
Lunch - WW Quiche, Coleslaw [6.5]
Tea - Nando's chicken, potatoes, and onions and peppers [5]
Snacks - yogurt, banana, apple [3]

so far : 17.5

And I fear I may hit a chocolate patch today.

I am still motivated. I am still sticking to it, no matter what. For once, this actually means too much to me to lose it for one week. It's less than a month to London now. 3 and a half weeks. So, if I get my arse in gear, get 2lbs a week, I can still get my 7lbs off by then!

Here's to a good day to you all :) x

Well done on the 1 lb...oh how i'd love to lose 1 lb Jen!!

Why is this healthy lifestyle so damn hard!!!.

Have a great tues chick..xx

Remember the story of the prodigal son Jen? Sometimes people take for granted what and who they have before them every day, so keep smiling and it'll be back to normal soon.

Have a fab week anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back