Jenny's moved on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm very late but I hope you had a fantastic time away hun

xx

Hey Jen, hope you've had a super time in London, I only live an hour away and still love going there like a lil ol' tourist :)

Hope its been lovely and relaxing (well , if you discount all the mileage to get anywhere! :p)

xx

Hi hi hiiii :) I missed this place and you lot, it was strange not "speaking" to you all.....
I'm BACK!!!

I was surprisingly ok with the plane, I thought I would be worse! The seatbelt was ok, I was worried I'd be too fat, but it was ok. There wasn't a "pull to tighten" bit, it was fully extended and next time, I want a "pull to tighten bit"...haha.

Basic run down -
Saturday: Plane, London Zoo, Camden, Pubs, Italian Restaurant for tea, realisation that OMG NEITHER OF US ARE DRIVING, more Pubs, street musicians in Covent Garden, racing games & amusement at Final Fantasy Convention that seemed to be going on at the Trocadero...

Sunday: Natural History Museum, much amusement that an Australian tourist stopped me to ask if I was lost and needed her help... lunch in a nice cafe on a sidestreet, followed by some geekery at the Science museum, more wandering, more pubs, indian food [which was bloody fabulous!] more pubs, then Ripleys Believe it or Not, which was such fun! The mirror maze, omg, I don't think it helped that we were both half-drunk, it was such a laugh, such a great place to go! Don't pay full price though, if you're thinking of going, get online and get cheap tickets :) Then after that, it was 11pm, so we went back to the bnb.

Monday:
Plan - Kew Gardens. Weather - Bucketing down with rain, so we went to the Tate Modern instead. Which wasn't what I expected, but was nice enough. Biker kept saying "I don't get it"... But I'm so touched that he went with me and tried :) Then some lunch and a slow wander back to the bnb to get bags and head home.

Hotel:
Good location, reasonable food, cheap and clean, bed comfy enough, paper thin walls, think the woman in room 112 was trying for some kind of oscar...

Tuesday, we went to get stovies from the Stovies Van, then went on to play mini golf, quick whizz round the supermarket to get tea, arcades for air hockey, quick whizz round town to look at bedsheets before deciding that neither of us liked anything the same, and of course, your opinion matters [awwwwww big smile!] and then home for a game of Scrabble, chicken and rice for tea, and a cookie.

And now - I'm back at my/my parents house. I sooooooo want my bed, my legs are killing me!

And... Rome could be happening early 2011 :D

I'm right proper motivated. Cannot wait to get slimmer right now. I saw some horrendously uncomfortable looking people in London, and was increasingly aware of being "hot&sweaty" running up n down the stairs for the underground... I want to do this now. I might have wobbled a bit [pah! A bit?! lol] but I'm here and ready to go now.

:D:D:D

Happy Bunny tonight, and the rest of the week off work too. Wahoo!!x

Aw Jen...sounds like an amazing weekend...so jealous!!! haha!!!
I get ur fear of the airplan seat and seatbelt.......i've never been able to tighten it...its always extended to the hilt with me....hoping that i'll be able to tighten it on monday!!!! EXCITED MUCH!!!!!!!

Glad ur motivated too and on it!!!!

Good luck chick....xxxxxxxx missed ya..xxxxx

:D Sounds blooming fantastic
I've lived in London all me life and never done half the stuff you've done on one weekend haha!!

I live about a 15 minute drive from Kew its one of my most favourite places I love the hot house and the tree walk
shame the bleeding weather let ya down
not much has changed it is raining again today :rolleyes:

Loving the new attitude Jen :D atta girl you can do it

What a jam packed weekend you had :D

Shame about Kew, I was there recently and it was amazing, did my knees in on that aforementioned Treetop walk but oh well! More reason for you to go back now, eh? ;)

Nodded my head whilst reading about the seatbelt. Mine is always fully extended, no room for tightening as well :eek:

So pleased you had such a great time. I did chuckle about the seat belt, I have grim memories of the old tray not coming down over my stomach and having to eat my meal trying to stop it sliding on top of me. I have never been back on a plane since :eek:

I must admit you've made me feel like I would like a visit to the big L too. Hoping the high continues over the weekend :D

I can honestly say, I have done nothing worth mentioning today.
Caught up on Hollyoaks, Eastenders and X Factor, and ate some Ben & Jerry's which gave me tummy ache...

That's enough naughty food now. Back to pointing tomorrow. Big time!!

One of my dogs is really poorly, the epileptic one. She won't eat, hasn't eaten her food since Monday apparently, when she ate half her breakfast, and she's been so clingy and needier than usual, following people about, whimpering, clawing at ankles... Then today, she wouldn't eat her tea, so I gave her a slice of ham and she absolutely wolfed it down, so she is hungry, she just won't eat dog-food. I tried her on pouches and tinned stuff instead of the muesli stuff she gets, no luck. But she'll eat ham. Strange... I'll see how she goes in the morning :( She ain't right though. Mind, she never really has been, poor thing.

There's a music festival in my village this weekend. Great :( There's never been any trouble with it, but you can't get near the village and the traffic's a nightmare. But hey ho, hope everyone enjoys and stays safe :)

I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow. Hurrah!!

Almost all caught up on diaries now :) x

If I can make it up to the hairdressers I'm getting a good couple of inches off, and the layers cut back in, it just needs a good solid tidy up really.

That is, if I can make it to the hairdressers... I was up most of the night with horrendous stomach cramps and a stonker of a headache. Turns out Biker's the same, so we've either got food poisoning or picked up a bug of some sort. Excellent...

But on the plus side, he didn't have any icecream, so it wasn't the Ben & Jerry's that gave me tummyache..!!

:D Oh gor blimey Jen
hope your feeling better soon chicklet
good news it weren't the Ben and Jerry's though
there is a god !!!
We obviously need piccys if you do manage to get to the ole hairdressers though
have a nice day Jen xx

:8855: Lainie! Too funny!! I have lived here for 10 years, worked in Tottenham Court Road for 8 years, walked Oxford Street every day and I STILL walk around like a tourist with my camera! :p

Jenny! Just wanna say hello! xxx

I went in June to see Bon Jovi at the 02 , and I went around snapping all the fronts of the shows - Wicked etc.... my intention being using them to hint to the OH what I would like to notch up on my west end show viewings.... hee hee.... Yes, I will always be a tourist....

Sounds like you had lovely time Jen, although i was shattered reading it, and my feet ached for you! :) Sorry to hear you're not feeling so good now, hope you and Biker recover quickly xx ooh and yeah - pics of the new do please! lol xx

Nik - Damn, knew I shouldn't have taken that dare to lick the handrail at Piccadilly..... :p

Well, I don't know how people coped with not-very-long-long-distance-relationships in the olden days, pre-internet and text... We have been in constant contact by MSN, Email, and Text all day, it's been kinda cute! He's whinging about having to eat "boring" food. Poor baby. We'll have to fix that when we're better.

I did go to the hairdressers but I couldn't face more than a trim, so it doesn't look much different I'm afraid..! I might go to Supercuts at the weekend and get a bit more hacked off.

Thanks to all the well-wishing people, I'm sure we'll both be back to normal quick smart :) I've had some pasta with chicken and tomatoes and it seems to be ok. Will try for some toast later, and see how that goes.

Morning People :)

Feeling a bit brighter this morning. Tummy let me sleep all night, no ill-effects this morning, so I had breakfast - Big mistake, hello tummy cramps.

This is really unfair... I mentally write this week off diet-wise, and get bloody ill so cannat eat owt anyway! is this sod's law?! All I wanted was a bloomin Calzone from Frankie and Bennys. Part of me's tempted to just have it and deal with the consequences!!!

Anyway... The plan for today - get ready, go to town and have a womble round the shops. I'll see if Biker wants to come but I doubt he will, he loses patience shopping and he's never been clothes shopping with moi before... I'm a nightmare, I know this, and I know that having to put up with me shopping could spell the end of our beautiful relationship hahaha

Have a good friday today people, and a good weekend too! x

Oh - Almost forgot!
Update on the little dog - I managed to get a mix of crushed dog biscuits and gravy that she would eat, so she's had a couple of meals, but still doesn't seem right. Hopefully it's just a blip. My parents keep saying to just carry on like normal and "she'll eat when she's hungry"... but that's clearly not working and since she's the epileptic dog, I don't want to risk any ill effects. If it was the psycho collie, sure, no problem, but not the terrier, she's wobbly enough already...!

:D Good afternoon Ms Jenny Penny
sorry to hear the old tum tum is still playing ya up chicklet have you tried the old Imodemem (sp) plus tablets might help settle it a bit.
have a good one Jen

Thanks Kals, yeah I have those Imodium things that melt in the mouth, but I only had a couple left and if I remember correctly, you shouldn't take them constantly anyway, not these soluble ones. Maybe they do others that are different. If I'm not better tomorrow I'm going to speak to the pharmacist. I phoned the nurse today, wanting to know how it affects my pill anyway [it says speak to the doctor if you have sickness or diarrhoea for more than 12 hrs] and she said they wouldn't see me til it has been more than 48 hrs... Grand!

Disappointingly, I weighed myself and I've gained 2 lbs. But to be honest, I dont care anymore. I just feel fed up. Fat & frumpy & fed up. I want a Sarah Lee Chocolate Gateaux all to myself. I'm not going to get one, but I want one. !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back