Jenny's moved on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good that you're feeling a little better.

As for the wee doggy, my mum's dog is a very fussy eater and sometimes goes more than a day without eating anything :eek: Even though he is offered tasty stuff like ham, chicken, sausage etc.

The vet said that in the wild, dogs can go for days without food so not to worry if they don't eat for a wee bit.

Hope that's some consolation anyway x

I hope you are feeling a bit more chipper this evening Jen. Feeling under the weather can make us miserable in every way which is prob why you are feeling fat and frumpy cos you certainly are not either of them :hug99: Post London blues not helping either.

Hope your pooch perks up soon, and you have a good weekend

Thanks Vanda, I am feeling a little bit better.
My parents had some chocolate cake floating about, so I had a slice of that, which I will probably pay for in tummy pains, but I decided it was best to do it. Sorry, Kals, scoffed the lot, or I'd post ya some :p My mum seems to be done with WW now, she's just eating what she wants again. Maybe I'll try and help soon, need to think about number one for a bit though and stop trying to fix everyone else.

The muttley seems a bit better tonight, she's eaten her tea and kept it down, though I had to sit on the floor with her while she ate. She's scratching her tummy an awful lot too, and I had a poke at it, but I'm not sure if I can feel something there that shouldn't be there, or if I'm imagining it. Either way, we're going to the vets tomorrow to see if she can get scanned or something, it's not fair on the poor thing, I definitely think something is up.

Needless to say, today was an eye opener. I haven't really lost much in the way of weight recently, I have however changed shape. My legs are slimmer, or more toned I guess from all the extra walking I'm doing, and my belly is bigger. So I look more like Homer Simpson by the day. This means that I have a proper jelly belly and as such I cannot get into normal sizes anymore. By this I mean Dotty Ps fit not. Bugger :( So I waddled on over to New Look for the uninspiring Inspire range, and unless I wanted to look 6 months preggers, no luck. It's all so frumpy and boring and smock like. So I lowered myself to Evans. The Evans here is a tiny section of the Outfit branch, it's really small, and they have very little stock. I used to work for Evans and have a very low opinion of the company for several reasons - one being that they seem to promote the staff staying, how do I say this... able to promote company image, put it that way.
Evans - I don't like paying £35 for a top that looks like a cut a hole in the top of a tent and stuck my head through it... Anyway there was nothing nice there that was affordable. Except one top. Which the 22/24 was too tight on the belly. Excuse me, but I am NOT a 26 anymore, so NO WAY am I buying one.

So anyway, long story short, had a bad day :(

Last edited:
Quicky update before a shower and out for a walk. I feel loads better this morning, tummywise. Hurrah! I nearly called my boss to ask if I could go in today... Strange....

Today is the first day of the rest of my life. If anyone's read what I originally put here last night in the heat of the moment, my opinion still stands and things are going to have to change. It's my life, not that person's, and quite frankly I'm losing patience with feeling like I have to please everyone else.

So today:
Breakfast
Toast, bacon and mushrooms
Tea

Lunch
Jacket potato maybe

Tea

Chicken Korma with spinach & rice
Asda GFY naan

Actually, maybe I should just have grilled chicken instead... leave the curry for now...!

Hope you all have a good bank holiday weekend!! x

Hi Jen - glad you are feeling better today :). I did read your original post last night and all I will say is what my dear nan used to tell me, "you will never please everybody, all the time, so don't waste your time and energy trying." I must add she didn't follow her own advice very often - but I can see what she meant, there's nothing wrong with putting yourself first sometimes ;)

Enjoy your walk and have a great weekend Jen.

Lesley
X

Update on me fodder:

Breakfast
Toast, bacon and mushrooms
Tea

Lunch
Pasta, chicken, pepperoni and tomatoes

Snack
Bowl of branflakes

Tea

...?

Tea ended up being quorn bangers and mash :)

Drunk lots of squash today too.

And... I just had a look around for some games.... there's a Dance on Broadway one, musicals and dance moves, can't go wrong... and there's a JUST DANCE 2 COMING OUT IN OCTOBER.
I emailed BB and said "OMG Just Dance 2 October and you're buying it for me. Deal? Deal."
Worth a try ;)

Fanx Nik :)

Typically, the mutt [Ruby] ate her breakfast yesterday morning and seemed right as rain, so we spoke to the vet, who had no appointments free anyway, to explain what was up and she said to just keep an eye on her over the weekend, and see how she was on Monday. Ruby seems better today, she's less needy and clingy anyway, but we'll still take her in for a check up tomorrow, better safe than sorry :)

I'm feeling loads better this morning. Still got a stinker of a headache but I think that's dehydration rather than anything else. I am drinking plenty of liquids. My tummy seems better, thankfully!

You all know how much I like looking forward to something. So I booked a weekend in Edinburgh :) Last weekend in November, means all the christmas lights and displays will be up, and it will be all pretty and stuff. I know it will be bloomin freezing but hey ho! The idea is to drive down after work on the friday, get something nice to eat and a few drinks, and then the saturday can be a bit of christmas shopping and hopefully meet his sister for lunch or tea.
We'll see anyway! Hotel was a bargain anyway ;)

Today has been beans on toast and a banana. Hurrah!

Good news that you are feeling better and that pooch is on the up and up. I hate it when pets are not well, they look so sorry for themselves. It wont hurt to take her for a check up at least it will stop you worrying

Weekend in Edingburgh sounds fab, I've never been anywhere in Scotland and would love to go, long way from South Wales though.

Have a fab bank hol

Pops In
glad your feeling better Jen
hope things go well at the Vets for doggies check up
have a great Sunday
the trip to Edinburgh sounds cool
I have never been to Scotland, I'm so excited to be going in December :D

Glad you're feeling better. I've been to Edinburgh, though not at Christmas time, and it is somewhere I would definitely go back to. Will be really pretty at the end of November I bet. Always good to have something to look forward to!

Have a great week Jen.

Lesley
X

Aw Jen I love edin at xmas...almost as much as glasgow....they too have the xmas markets along princes street....lots of great eateries and pubs!

xx

I went funny after my tea again, probably shouldn't have risked the mousse... So food plan for tomorrow:

B - dry toast
L - dry bread
T - dry toast with a digestive biccie for pudding...

I don't even know if I'm joking there or not... I'm fed up being ill nowwwwwwwwww! I might actually just do a half day and go to the docs in the afternoon. It's been 5 days now, of being poorly :(

My parents won't hardly speak to me because "it might be catching"
Biker's gone into stupid boy mode of "she's whinging and I'm a sh.t bloke so I'm gonna ignore her".

Eurgh.

HOWEVER!! I am going to work tomorrow..! Who ever thought I would be pleased to say that........

Night night people! x

I'm exhausted, major catch up there Jen, sorry for the lateness :( how are you feeling today my dear? Get yourself to the docs luv!

Your time in London sounded fab and has made me even more determined to go again and do all the proper tourist stuff, I never really saw much last year.

So glad to hear that pooch is feeling a bit better, they are such a worry!

Your weekend in Edinburgh sounds fab, I love it there :D

Have a lovely day today and hope your enjoying your dry toast :p

xx

Thank you, Team Fabulous :)

A short update on my day so far - I got up, had cereal and a banana, since there was no bread for toast. hah. So much for my dry toast day...

Went to work, realised that no-one has done anything that I asked them to cover while I was off... So caught up with everything that was urgent for month-end and sent lots of "sorry my colleagues are useless" emails to various managers. Most of whom are on leave today, since it's bank holiday. I await the backlash tomorrow :p

I had decided not to eat at work, incase I had a poorly tum. So come 1pm when everyone was tucking in to their greasy takeaways and burgers from the van, the smell was driving me mad... I didn't actually feel hungry though, thats the strange thing. I left and went to the pharmacy, to speak to the nice nursey type lady. She said that I should be better after this length of time, and that I should avoid anything dairy, and only eat plain basic food for a couple of days - dry bread, or toast, porridge made with water [ew no thanks], baked or dry roasted potatoes, plain pasta with just tomatoes. No eggs, no milk, no fruit, no meat. I asked if I could have plain quorn, like the pieces and the fillets and she said that should be ok, but not too much...
If I still have a poorly tum after 24-48 hrs of this, I "simply must make an appointment" and see a doctor, as it could be gastroenteritis. To which I asked how they would deal with that, and she said plain food, plenty of fluid and rest. So whats the point going to the docs, when she's just told me all that for free? :D
She suggested getting some electrolyte replacement stuff too. Nice. It says blackcurrant flavour on the packet. I am anticipating pinkish powderry yuckness...

Then I called in to Tescos, to get some quorn and some bread. And quorn is on offer. And quorn has special promotion packs - get two packs with these codes on, get a cheap recipe book....
Don't mind if I do...!

I told BB about Edinburgh, and he said "Oh ok." GEE THANKS FOR THE ENTHOOSIASM, GEEKOID. Then I text him today to say I was taking the afternoon off to go to the docs. Nothing. :mad:

I weighed myself today, and have put on 5lbs. I dont understand...! Ah well, we'll chop off a leg or something, lose weight that way...

:D

Glad the doggy is feeling better, I love my dog but it's so stressful when they get ill, and I hate giving them medicine cos they don't understand you're only trying to make them better!!

Sorry about the gain, but you are not alone!

Hope ya feel better soon x

I seriously think its not very likely to be gastroenteritis Jen
believe me if it was that you would be flat on your back not knowing which way it was going to come out next haha!!
more likely some sort of superbug you have copped for not being use to the London germs :D

Don't worry about a piddly 5lb gain Jen
you can knock that for six if you put your mind to it my lovey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back