over the last few years I'd be very rich indeed

Your case with eating low fat here again this is a common
myth why should you ban olive oil from your diet
it's a good fat
most of these low fat products are indeed low fat but they
take the fat away and put in other replacement items = if
not more harmful than the trace of fat would have been

At the moment I'm neither very rich or for that matter
very slim ( courtsey of the lastest miracle ) haha!!!

Last edited:
With all the money back from all the diets we have done we could all have just gone and got lipo! ;)

Really, people, when I'm this impressionable, is it a good idea to mention surgery or lipo to me :p haha

I appreciate people taking the time to read my mumblings, so thank you. Even if I don't reply directly to everything, I am absorbing advice and taking opinions on board :)

Hmmm now, surgery, that is one thing I haven't considered.......
Mainly cos I can't afford it :p I did mention looking into a gastric band once, when I was having a dithery moment and Biker's response was a rather abrupt "don't be so f***ing stupid" - see he can't see where the problem lies, because when I'm around him I eat like a normal person - which is something that this Beck book is going to help with. I will read some more of that tonight and see what I think. I know the basics - eat less, burn more. I'm ok with the burn more, I am doing more exercise now than I probably ever have. Just need to get a grip on the eat less aspect. Because I spend an awful lot of time I suppose eating when I really don't need to. I think that is my issue that I need to deal with.

In other news, I got an email regarding the job that I want - It looks pretty good. In that they are advertising the job internally only for 3 days, over the weekend - so few people will see it. It's policy that they have to advertise for it. HR have my CV and the only potential issue is that I have to get a "release" form signed by my manager to say that she is aware I have applied for the vacancy. Ack. She's not back til Monday, but HR are aware of that.

I felt a little bit sick when I got that email. Nerves are wonderful things, I will be right on the Kalms if I have a proper interview!!!

Mood this morning - 2/10
Mood now - 6/10

That's a heck of an improvement
:grouphugg:

Glad you're feeling better today Jen. Well good news about the job - go for it! Fingers crossed for an interview for you hun x

Does Kalms work?

I'm not really sure if it works because of scientific "good plant juice" mumbo jumbo, or if it works because I want it to work, placebo style, but I take the sleeping tablet ones when I'm having a particularly bad time sleeping, and they help. I've not really tried the day time take-with-meals ones yet.

The Bachs Rescue Remedy stuff that you drip on your tongue, the yellow bottle, that stuff definitely works with me, it got me through my degree exams and my driving test...And it tastes like brandy to me..!

Thanks Hannah :) I've got my tootsies crossed tightly, to be honest!!

I picked Biker up and took him back for his car, and blimey, was he in a grump, but he seems brighter now.

WI - +2lbs which I think we all anticipated...

Meh. I want a cuppa tea and a fresh start tomorrow morning!!

Goodnight people, happy Jenny back tomorrow x

I will try some! I get very nervous in interviews and presentations (god help me if I have to do them in my career, I think I'd just die). I had to do a few presentations for my degree and all were awful, but one time some gave me some of their prescribed valium (very naughty) and I didn't feel much different, but I'd didn't sound quite so awful.. might have been a placebo though, so anything that will give placebo induced calm is good by me :D And if it really works, even better.

Much better thanks, Mumma K :)
Hope everyone has a nice day today, it's a bit brighter weather-wise here, thankfully... Maybe thats what's put me in a better mood!!! x

Morning jen :)

Hi everyone :)

I've gone completely off the rails, but to regain some control, been and bought some salad bits. I will get a grip of this at some point, but as they say, you need to be in the right frame of mind, and I am not right now, there is too much other stuff going on. Damage limitation rather than focussing on losses...

Today I had a haircut, bought a new bag, and got new pinky-red nail varnish. And two hairbands, one is plaited gold thread, one is plaited bronze thread. I love Claires Accessories...........!

Wishing you all a great weekend
Love, Mental Jenny x

New hair and new purchases!! yehaw!!

Hope u have a great weekend jen (and mental jenny too!!)

xx

Things are brighter today. :)
Literally - the sun is actually shining!

I'm back on track, following a good heart-to-heart with Biker yesterday. He was in the area looking at car stuff, well, 15 miles away, that's quite local when you live in the sticks! And he popped by for a cuppa, and we had a good chat. He's worried about me. I said I know, I'm worried about me too. And we made some plans, to get me through this blip. I'm feeling pretty positive right at this second!

For the first time in about 2 weeks, my scales showed a number in the 18s this morning. Hallebloodylujah! I will get there, this week at WI will be in the 18s, I swear. I hope anyway!

Hope you all have a nice Sunday. Think I'm off to the bloke's this afternoon, and tomorrow's the big "please give me permission to leave your department" meeting with the boss.... Then linedancing. Yeehaaaaa!!! :)

Things are brighter today. :)
Literally - the sun is actually shining!

I'm back on track, following a good heart-to-heart with Biker yesterday. He was in the area looking at car stuff, well, 15 miles away, that's quite local when you live in the sticks! And he popped by for a cuppa, and we had a good chat. He's worried about me. I said I know, I'm worried about me too. And we made some plans, to get me through this blip. I'm feeling pretty positive right at this second!

For the first time in about 2 weeks, my scales showed a number in the 18s this morning. Hallebloodylujah! I will get there, this week at WI will be in the 18s, I swear. I hope anyway!

Hope you all have a nice Sunday. Think I'm off to the bloke's this afternoon, and tomorrow's the big "please give me permission to leave your department" meeting with the boss.... Then linedancing. Yeehaaaaa!!! :)

Glad you're in a better place Jen....goona take me wi u!!

I really fancy this line dancing malarky!!!

xx

Hoorah Jen
and lovely of Biker Boy to have a heart to heart with you
it's always nice to hear the worry about us :D

Good luck at the permission to leave meeting Jen X
and enjoy the rest of your afternoon

Thanks Kals! I'm happy to report that the meeting went fine, management fully supports my application and wishes me all the best. All said with a very panic-stricken look in the eye...

My interview is sometime this week. I'll tell you all when it is, when it's been. It's soon. Sooner than I hoped. And to quote Julie S in BadGirls - "Never mind bricks, I'm sh.tting 3 bed semi's...." hah. That made me chuckle, reminiscing Bad Girls. Why was that cancelled, it was an ace show!

Today's on track. Not sure what track, but we'll see. Porridge for breakfast, fruit snacks, ham sandwich and a bag of crisps for lunch. I will confess to emailing BB to ask if we could go to the chinese all-you-can-eat for lunch, but he didn't reply yet, which probably means he's busy. I just want stodge!

Week's plans:
Monday - Work, Gym, Linedancing
Tuesday - Work, Gym
Wednesday - Work, Sally Morgan & out for tea
Thursday - Work, Gym.
Friday - Work team building day :sigh: bowling & out for tea
Saturday - obligatory spend time with fella. Not that I'm complaining.... :D
Sunday - Out for late lunch with muma and off to see Ardal O'Hanlon

Busy week... Can't believe it is nearly OCTOBER!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back