Jenpigs Diary

jenpig1

HI all I started LT 5 days ago and this forum has been a godsend.
The last year saw me give up smoking and put on 2 stone when I was already 5 stone overweight, I managed to get down 1 stone with exercise which I slowly came to love but just couldnt seem to stay on the straight and narrow with diets. I suspect that I have a very low carb tolerance and a slight gluten allergy so when I do eat again I wont be able to go back to a high carb diet ever unfortunately because I love carbs big time. So here is my journey so far
Day 1
weigh 15st 1lb
Day 2
not feeling too bad until the evening after I had done some exercise. I was violently sick couldn't keep water down never mind the shakes. Was really worried that I wouldn't be able to do this am also worried about the health implications so come on here.
Day 3
Feeling pants but have stopped vomiting I am lucky in that I dont work so just went to bed when I felt really bad. HAve however noticed that I have lost about 7lb on my scales which always goes up by 5 lb in the day, need to stop weighing myself.
Day 4
Feeling slightly better but God I am hungry and so cold I think the detox has got me real bad
Day 5
Feel great this morning walked the dogs and then went skating which is quite hard, after I got horrendous cramps absolutely everywhere my muscles where spasming and you could see it, I was jerking around and looked like I was changing into a werewolf, have never had anything like this before and once again was worried about my health, I stupidly had an oxo cube to try and replace some salts thinking it would be ok, it did help with the cramps but knocked me out of ketosis and spent the rest of the day hungry and fed up.
Day 6
Still weak and hungry but not too bad, am going to stick with it because I know that as long as I stick to it that I am going to loose weight and that is so exciting I cant wait to find what that feels like.
Thats my catch up done because I am writing this on day 6 but think it will be quite usefull also I find other peoples stories and seeing their progress amazingly helpful

Welcome Jen, you're doing really well on your first week. I am just starting 2nd week and will maybe start exercising when I feel much more energetic. You might need to ease off a little on the exercise whilst your body adjusts to this.

Stay strong; you can do this!

Hi guys thanks for you're support . Day 6 was really hard was absolutely starving and had to go to a party and watch everyone eat lovely food, and then they spent the rest of the night discussing me not eating and all saying what they thought I should and shouldn't eat. That was the hardest thing I have done and I am real proud of myself because I diddnt give in.
Got first weigh in tomorrow.
Jenpig

Hi guys thanks for you're support . Day 6 was really hard was absolutely starving and had to go to a party and watch everyone eat lovely food, and then they spent the rest of the night discussing me not eating and all saying what they thought I should and shouldn't eat. That was the hardest thing I have done and I am real proud of myself because I diddnt give in.
Jenpig

Well done!!! Will power of steal....

jenpig1 said:
Jenpig

Nice one Jen; well done!

Day 9
Got weighed yesterday and even though it was TOTM i still lost 12lbs which is amazing and why I am still doing this. I have 2 more weeks till reefed for my holiday and am hoping to loose another stone. Wishful thinking I know. Still getting hungry but not too bad.
Take care all
Jen

Day 9
Got weighed yesterday and even though it was TOTM i still lost 12lbs which is amazing and why I am still doing this. I have 2 more weeks till reefed for my holiday and am hoping to loose another stone. Wishful thinking I know. Still getting hungry but not too bad.
Take care all
Jen
Thats brilliant!!! Well done!!!!

Thanks Deezer and everyone.Day 10 today and worried because I am feeling quite depressed, I have a history of depression and always said that I would stop this diet if I thought it would trigger a major attack as I have put my family through enough already on that score. Not particularly hungry just fed up and think of nothing else but loosing weight. I am also really missing my weight workouts but find that I just cant and shouldn't be doing them.
I feel like I am in a quandry because I dont want to loose this amazing weight loss, it would be so good to go away in 3 weeks another stone down.
Any thoughts I need help
Jenpig

Could you perhaps modify your work outs ...rather than hitting the weights do something less energetic but still means your working out so getting your natural high from excercising :) x x x keep strong your doing so well x x x

Swimming!!! I love it!!! Get yourself that endorphin rush hun!!! It seems you may feel worse if you stop the diet!!! If being overweight makes you feel bad!!! Stick at it.... Do some excercise.... distartct yourself and see how you feel in a few days!!! Thats what i would do hun!!!

just try to remember what lead you to doing this plan we all have the gremlins in our ears trying to talk us out of this (thats what i call my inner voice) and when my little gremlin is telling me to eat i just get out my list of reasons why Im doing this I too suffer from depression but one of the reasons im depressed is cause im overweight so shifting even a pound just makes me think im slowly shifting my depression one pound at a time. You can do this you have done AMAZING and I know ur strong enough to do this xx

just try to remember what lead you to doing this plan we all have the gremlins in our ears trying to talk us out of this (thats what i call my inner voice) and when my little gremlin is telling me to eat i just get out my list of reasons why Im doing this I too suffer from depression but one of the reasons im depressed is cause im overweight so shifting even a pound just makes me think im slowly shifting my depression one pound at a time. You can do this you have done AMAZING and I know ur strong enough to do this xx
Awesome way of looking at it!!! I am exactly the same!!! : ) x

Thanks Teresa for youre comments that really helped and thanks to everyone for youre kind support. Well I made it to day 11 still 100%. Wasnt too bad though do get mighty hungry around my shake time. I am finding that I only have enough energy for light exercise and if I try to do more them I suffer, before I used to use 5 kg and 7.5kg hand weights and sometimes 10 kg, so my exercise was pretty full on. I dont like feeling as strong any more but it will come back. I have decided to finish this week and the refeed next week 1 week earlier than I intended and then low gi for the week before I go on holiday so at least can get some good workouts in before I go and start winning arm wrestling contests again
Have a great day everyone
live long and prosper
Jen

Back