Jen's diary

jen_jen

It's Day 6, Week 2 today... perhaps I should have started this diary when I started the diet!

Caved again yesterday, man I suck! This second week has not been a good one. For those of you that hadn't read my post on my first cheat I was quite nauseated and nausea + empty stomach = pain for me. So after about 30 minutes or so of dealing with the pain, I couldn't take it anymore, we were quite far from home so we stopped and I had a chicken ceasar salad.

That was Sunday, was back on the horse Monday and all was well, but yesterday the $hit hit the fan again. My son got a really high fever (he's 15 months) and was absolutely miserable for the whole day. Currently I'm not working (which I hate, but I'm starting college in September so yay!) so I was home with him all day and there was just no end to his misery, poor baby. He's great today, but I was so stressed out by the end of yesterday evening that I just caved in and got a takeaway with my hubby (chicken kebab and garlic cheese chips :( ). Not good I know.

I just seem to give in when I get really stressed out! I'm determined to be strong from now on, I'll probably stick a picture of the Bajan flag on my fridge as my reminder of how fit I want to be before I go back to visit my folks.

I feel like such a failure today, but I also feel like I know I can do this, I quit smoking so I should be able to do this right? My weigh in is tomorrow. I know there won't be much shift in the scales if any, I'm just hoping it doesn't go up! I lost 9lbs the first week and I was 100% so if I don't lose any weight this week I'll just write it off as me screwing up and just get right back on the horse.

My hope that I don't gain any weight is relying on me going to the gym. I usually go Sat, Mon, Wed and Fri. The days I don't go to the gym I walk with my son for like an hour and a half (him in the stroller of course). On Monday I went for the walk and then the gym in the afternoon and had my walk in the morning yesterday, so I'm hoping that if I keep this up and if I'm really really lucky, I might see a pound shift this week.

Wish me luck!

All that exercise!! I just don't have the energy. I should have but I'm wrecked a lot of the time. Never mind the slips. It happens. You're great to get back up and go again. I just had 2nd weigh in and lost 6 lbs. Couldn't believe it as I felt no difference at all and also slipped! I had milk in 3 coffees and a dried apricot!! A f...... dried apricot!! I ask you? Just was a very very bad day. We all get them.
Onwards and upwards girl!! Keep goin.xx

I went to the gym today and decided I didn't want to wait until tomorrow to weigh in and just weighed myself at the gym. I lost two more pounds! yay! I'm delighted considering my indiscretions....

Right now I'm just considering myself lucky to lose that weight and sticking to diet properly from now on. No more excuses! :D

Had my proper weigh in with the pharmacist today and another pound lost, so three in total for my second week on the diet.

Man was I made to feel guilty!! Also doesn't sound the like the pharmacist is too happy about me joining this weight loss support forum, reminding me that for any information I should really be coming to them and be careful what I read.... I'm not a child!

Meh, anyway, in a fab mood today! Hope everyone else is enjoying this fine weather :D

Hi jen

Take no notice of the chemist!! he's not there 24/7 like we all are to support and encourage you!!! Just get your shakes and run!! hehe

13 pounds is fantastic!! a stone basically in 2 weeks!! wow!! amazing!!

I'm glad your little boy got over is little fever!! poor thing!!

Have a great day - I hope the sun is shining over for you in Ireland - Its lovely here!

jane xxx

Well done Jen, I'm almost finished week 3 (weigh-in tomorrow) and I had a couple of bad days this week. I felt nauseous and really, really empty, but I just focused on the fact I know I’m losing weight! I know the pounds are coming off, I know my cloths are looser! Try to focus on the positives, next time you get those cravings and most of all don't beat yourself up if you fall of the wagon. Remember that I've lost three pounds feeling!

I would rely on your pharmacist for advice on diet, on what you eat, etc. But this forum is an amazing source of motivation. I can’t recommend it enough.

Well done Jen! Your doing great keep at it its all worth it in the end! :)

Back