• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Jen's May Challenge - Cheese free!

You may think I am mad. However, I eat too much cheese, so here we go, official challenge - No cheese in May.

This means -
* No cheese sandwiches
* No cheese on toast
* No pizza
* No cheese on pasta
* No mozzarella stuffed chicken
* No lasagne
* No macaroni cheese
* No cheese in Fajitas
* No cheesecake

Can you think of anything else?

I will still allow myself the use of philadelphia but ONLY in sauces, like carbonara and creamy mushroom pasta.

Other than that... No thanks, hold the cheese...

I can do this!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Aline

Gold Member
C: 7st9lb BMI: 19.6
Oh Jen I will totally join you if you don't mind. And, in my case, I'll allow myself cheese stuff only when eating out or at friends home; because I usually have dinner with friends twice a week. Other than that, no cheese ;)

Aline

Gold Member

Jane1982

S: 13st12lb C: 11st1lb G: 9st12lb BMI: 28.3 Loss: 2st11lb(20.1%)
Good Luck with the no cheese challenge. However cheese is the one thing i could never ever give up!

Aline

Gold Member
Good Luck with the no cheese challenge. However cheese is the one thing i could never ever give up!
Thank you Jane, I'll actually need luck:rolleyes:
But if you'll read carefully you'll notice that we won't give up totally :D
We both will make an exception (me at social events and Jen with philadelphia sauce). but yes, it's a huge challenge anyway!

Aline

Gold Member
Didn't eat cheese yesterday;) For now, I don't feel cheese cravings, hope it'll last the rest of the month!

Nice one Aline :)

Day One - I had my first cheese-hurdle - A last minute meal with the in-laws and the fella... I declined a starter, but HE had nachos, and put them in the middle of us... I had 5 nachos, only one had cheese on it... I was careful! I refrained from the usual lasagna too, and had scampi.

Today - No cheese. Hurrah!

Aline

Gold Member
Nice one Aline :)

Day One - I had my first cheese-hurdle - A last minute meal with the in-laws and the fella... I declined a starter, but HE had nachos, and put them in the middle of us... I had 5 nachos, only one had cheese on it... I was careful! I refrained from the usual lasagna too, and had scampi.

Today - No cheese. Hurrah!
You did great;)
Today I didn't eat cheese again, yay!

Lynn8124

Gold Member
S: 19st7lb C: 19st7lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 45.4 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I should deffo join yous, I think I was a mouse in a previous life lol.

The last few days cheese hurdles..!
Day 5 - No hurdles to overcome - Easy cheesefree day!
Day 6 - Buffet sandwich lunch provided at work during training session - Avoided the quiche and the sandwiches with cheese. Unfortunately, stumbled across a chicken mayo sandwich... Not to my liking!
Day 7 - Pizza lunch provided by work for teambuilding session - I didn't have a single slice, stuck to potato wedges instead. Very proud of myself, and nearly justified it to myself that I could get a pizza from Asda when I did my weeks shop. I didn't though :)

On to the weekend! Hurrah!!!

Day 8 - I had dinner out, and they put cheese on my meal which was not specified on the menu! Oh well, it was only about 30g, so not too bad.
Day 9 - No cheese :)

Must say that this is a good thread.

Cheese is one of the foods which i find most annoying, because while it is not one of my faviourate things, it is something which i end up having, annoying because i do that regardess of the fact that i know it is calorific and full of fat.

Already failed this month as i had cheese burgers last night and have had two pizzas and a cheesy garlic bread already this month as well as cheese on toast, but shall moniter the thread and hope you all succeed regardless.

It's never too late to join in, Rakas!! If you want to, by all means join me!

I may have stopped updating everyday, but I am still cheese free :) Wahoo!

Its so easy though.....

Day 17 - I had half a pizza with my dad and you know what? It wasn't worth it. But in my defense it was a tescos cheapie one, so there wasn't a great deal of cheese anyhow :p

Other than that, no cheese :)

Well, I didn't manage the full month without cheese altogether, but I had less than 200g of cheese throughout the month.

That, to me, is a hell of an accomplishment.
:D