Jess' Journey

Ah not saying I didn't enjoy it - it makes a nice change - I just struggled to keep up with the steps!!

Oh no! I don't believe that he has laryngitis! Whilst I'm awfully sorry for the poor man, I do hope they don't cancel many more shows.

Although I'm not actually a fan, I've got a ticket to go along with my friend's daughter - who adores them and nobody else would go with her. She'll be incredibly disappointed and is travelling here especially to see them, despite still recovering from a major op.

I just hope that he's drinking plenty of lemon juice and brandy!

I'm going to have to dig out a CD and have some of their music on my Ipod now to sing to on the way to work... (I do of course know every word to every song I like ;))

Oh Mouse! I can't imagine attempting ANY form of exercise in front of anyone! That's probably why I stick to my power walk when everyone else is asleep! haaa!

It's bad enough at my pilates class as the numbers are so small but at least someone else has just started who is worse than me :)

I hope you point her out to everyone... ;)

Well seeing as how you mention it yes, I have constructed a big plyboard arrow to point at her, which says 'look at her not me'. It doesn't help that I am the youngest in the class by about 90 years :)

<stop it! you're cracking me up here!!!>

The worst thing was two weeks ago when the teacher came up to me and said 'ooh we're wearing the same trousers' - like I really wanted her to point that out, with her non existent everything!!!

I used to be a gym member here. I never went to the gym, mind, just joined for the pool, hammam, jacuzzi etc. The trouble is that, in France, people aren't seemingly very self conscious so, when I looked for individual changing rooms, I couldn't find any - so took my swimming costume into a tiny loo to get changed. On my way to the pool, I passed through the showers where lots of NEKKED ladies were showering and soaping themselves.

Blushing furiously I did my swimming, vowed to get dressed over my WET costume and shower when I got home (but did then pluck up courage to get changed under my towel like a real wuss but no way was I streaking to "those" open showers! no doors even. Just row of shower attachments! aaaah!).

While getting dressed, keeping my eyes low, I saw a NEKKED girl standing in front of a full length mirror blow drying her hair!

French gyms are not for me :)

Although I am less prudish now than I was then... you have to be over here!

Oh Jo - it sounds like you have to be a lot less prudish when you have talked on her in the past about French doc appointments!! Saying that there is one doc in our practice that I don't ever go and see nay more - as she always does the same thing to me - not nice and some kind of fetish I fear :)

Oh my goodness Joanne - I don't know if I'd know which way to look! Wouldn't say I'm a prude but not sure how to respond to total "overt" nakedness. Especially as the French are known for... how do I say this??? ...em ..an abundance of hair? Don't know which would make me more uncomfortable - a bunch of naked French ladies or a bunch of hairy armpits!!

haaaaa!! Jess knows she's well integrated now that we've made ourselves comfy in her diary!!!

<you can clear up the mess though Mouse!>

oooh yes, Jess... since I've lived here, I must admit that I've seen much improvement on the old hygiene front... but it really did used to be bad!

ooooh good...

Mouse. Go on. Tell us what that doctor does to you... Surely it can't be worse than that French gynaecologist I saw here who knelt before me and switched the light of his miner's cap on...

1. Love Duran Duran! Pity they had to cancel their concert!

2. I have to admit... I have showered naked amongst a bunch of sweet elderly women who were also naked. At the YMCA (American gym). But I would not EVER EVER EVER shower amongst girls my own age. Is that weird?

ooooh good...

Mouse. Go on. Tell us what that doctor does to you... Surely it can't be worse than that French gynaecologist I saw here who knelt before me and switched the light of his miner's cap on...

Ooh it's bad and it got the point that it felt like she did it whatever complaint I presented with - maybe she was trying to get rid of me - it sure worked!!

1. Love Duran Duran! Pity they had to cancel their concert!

2. I have to admit... I have showered naked amongst a bunch of sweet elderly women who were also naked. At the YMCA (American gym). But I would not EVER EVER EVER shower amongst girls my own age. Is that weird?

Aaah, you Midwestern girls!! No, not weird at all. ;) I will go swimming at any beach or pool with a bunch of strangers, but absolutely will not don a swimsuit at my own gym because I know far too many people. Should be the opposite - I mean the folks that know me already like me, what do I think... that they'll not want to be friends because I have too much cellulite and my legs are as white as sheets??? Me thinks we're all a bit weird sometimes :D!

PS - I'm hoping for a reschedule as I'm a huge Duranie and never miss a concert - seriously can't even count how many times I've seen them (followed them on tour in my youth when I was a bit of wild child!!)

Back