Jess' Journey

Going on FOUR Weeks!

Well, I've had an interesting weekend. I'm glad to say I didn't fall off the wagon, but boy were my legs dangling over the edge!

I didn't have any huge lapses, but I did have a few small ones nonetheless. I've kept it low-carb and my calorie count remained around 1200 each day, but I probably had a bit more of my tolerated item that I should (darn you Philly!) and I also had a couple of Gin & Slimlines last night (1st time I've ever been able to stomach gin, but I was told this is the lowest carb alcoholic drink). Oh, and I also dipped my chicken breast in a pre-made Marks & Spencer salsa this morning (sugar was like the 12th ingredient listed, but it was there!)

It could have been worse as I was really feeling like packing it in this morning! But I dragged myself to Zumba and resolved to give it a few more days and within a few hours my resolve strengthened and I felt ready to remain committed for the next 6 weeks again.

I guess this is normal and should have expected it. I'm going to review the recipes thread again tomorrow to shake things up a bit. And for no reason other than the TOTM creeping up, I've decided not to weigh myself except on Fridays.

That's it for me for now... will definitely come on here for some support if I get doubtful again.

COme on Jess, you can do it. We are on the same weight loss for about the same time. It will come off but we have to be strong. Glad to see you are feeling better about it now though.
Mandy

well done for not caving in completely jess - you've just 'strengthened your resistance muscle' as Jo would say - next time it will be easier to say no to the naughties!

onwards and downwards defo - try a couple of new recipes this week to mix things up a bit (hmmm - should take my own advice there too!)

Hi Jess! Just been reading through your diary. Seems you are doing really well! Especially in relation to your measurements! (is that how u spell it? Lol) you are doing brilliant! Keep up the good work x

Ps don't weigh yourself at totm it's not worth it lol. I can put on up to half a stone before my period so I avoid the scales! X

Hi ladies and thank you so much for the great support!! I broke down I'm afraid and weighed and I'm shocked... I've lost again! I guess that 9-day stall was just due to all the working out and building muscle because I'm now down another 2.5lbs and that brings me to 20lbs!!

I'm so excited, but unfortunately feeling a but under the weather so not as jubilent as I'd like (TOTM stuff). Will def post more later, but super-duper excited :D!!

really makes me want to kick myself. We started at almost the same date with the same weight to loose. I binged bad last week and its set me back majorly. Dont do it Jess, it isnt worth it. Fight the impulses!

I so wish I had fought harder :(

really makes me want to kick myself. We started at almost the same date with the same weight to loose. I binged bad last week and its set me back majorly. Dont do it Jess, it isnt worth it. Fight the impulses!

I so wish I had fought harder :(

Don't let it discourage you (or kick yourself for sure!!) - just resolve for the next time. Also, please remember that even though we have the same # goals, our starting weights are vastly different and as I started higher, it should be easier for me to shed these first few pounds. This is also my 1st diet in 12 years, so I reckon my body is just in shock ;)!

I think you're doing great for your size and you should just move on from last week and not give it another thought... onward and downward!! :D

Jess - I can sympathise with TOTM stuff. Hope you're feeling better soon. That's fantastic about the 2.5lbs loss!

LMS - That's a really great thought to hold onto if ever you're feeling a bit wobbly and temptation feels very strong again. You sound very determined this time around and I know you can do it. :)

Weighing in once a week is something I have had to train myself to do. I've heard that it may even be better to only weigh yourself once a month because body weight fluctuates so much!! I am not that patient though! ;)

I have never tried Zumba but am interested... yet I am hesitant to purchase a DVD. I would like to find many different ways to exercise to give my body jump-starts when it needs it, though. How do you like Zumba? Was it difficult to get the hang of things?

Sorry for barging in on your blog! ;) Best of luck to you, congrats on your weight loss, and I hope your TOTM symptoms do not persist... mine's due any minute now! :p

Welcome missfortissimo! I have to say I'm a huge fan of Zumba... just love it! Its lots of fun and you really do get a great workout. At first, I would have said that you probably should have some coordination, but that's not really the case. There are loads of ladies in my classes that just do the best they can and jump and dance around and they're not even close the actual "moves"... but I'll tell you what - they ALL have a smile on their face. That's what its about I think - doing an exercise that's actually fun! Go for it. If you have a Wii, they also have a Zumba Wii game and the steps are exactly as I get in my class. Could be a good warm-up to make you comfortable before going in an actual class.

Thanks for the Support Dukandebut! I am still struggling a bit, but its all about TOTM cravings (and mine all come before so I'm really just waiting the flipping thing out!) I could murder a Chinese Takeaway... but of course I won't! I do have my first Conso gala meal totally planned (only 6 more weeks of Cruise.) ;)

Not doing well on not weighing - forgot that my Wii Fit Plus routine also has a scale/weight tracking and its just TOO tempting not to do. Oh well - yesterday's loss sustained (I half-thought I may be dreaming as I really have never been this weight as an adult).

Food was a perfect PP day yesterday and instead of Zumba, I jumped in a Step class to join my chum. Still good exercise! Doing a PV day and then 2xPP before the weekend. Seems more reasonable than my attempt last week at 4-5 straight PPs... nightmare!

Argh, those TOTM cravings! Mine are usually for chocolate (I tend to crave it pretty much all the time in any case - it's far worse during TOTM, though). Thank goodness that it does pass. Hang on in there, Jess. As you say, it's not too long until Conso. I'm chuckling at you already having planned your first gala - that is SO like me! :)

It's good to know that the Wii Zumba is so similar to the class. I haven't managed to find an actual class that I can attend yet so I'm encouraged that the steps are much the same in the meantime.

It's true what you say about people just having loads of fun with it (as well as getting a good exercise session), even if they don't follow the steps correctly. One of my aunts has had a heart attack, cancer and multiple other health problems, yet she loves her Zumba classes. She just does what she can, even if she has to hold onto the wall for some of the moves. You should hear her rave about how fantastic it is!

I have just bought Zumba for the Wii - watch this space!!

Thanks! My birthday is this summer so I may ask for Zumba Wii!! :D

Congrats on maintaining! My TOTM has just started today and I'm cramping; hoping this does not affect my weigh-in tomorrow, because I've been eating well and working out!

Another good day gone... did a perfect PV day yesterday though probably ate more veggies than usual (thus the expected +1lb gain today :p).

Zumba was super-fun last night and I kept thinking of you all on here and wondering how many will be shedding extra lbs by boogieing in this class.

Was meant to be off to Duran Duran tonight (11th row!!) but the Glasgow show got cancelled as Simon LeBon has laryngitis :sigh:. I'm half-relieved as I already cancelled the overnight hotel so not to be tempted by straying from Dukan. We had plans to go to a steakhouse before the show so I could get steak and veg. I'm hoping the rescheduled date will be:
  1. After 1 July (but not while I'm in America or Portugal!!)
  2. On the weekend so I can make a proper evening and shopping day of it the next day :D
Nothing else new and exciting. Doing 2 PP days and then PV at least Saturday as I have another meal out this weekend. I'm starting to regret calling myself a "Social Butterfly" (soshbfly)!!

me neither! duh!
I saw Duran Duran many many years ago... (first time round when they looked good! mind you, with my deteriorating sight, they still look halfway decent!!)

Simon was always my favourite... so sweet that he has laryngitis when I have bronchitis (only exaggerating a fraction; my cough is nasty!). My twinnie :)

Oh I tried the zumba wii game - found it a bit hard tbh - perhaps best done after you have been to a class, which I have resolved never to do after the look on the kids faces watching me do the wii game :) What does one have to do to get a bit of privacy in this house!!??

Sorry mouse that you didn't enjoy the Zumba game - I did do the class first, so maybe that made the difference for me since it was so much fun!

Joanne - Simon is my favourite as well! I can't tell you how many concerts I've been to over the years (New York, Houston, and now hopefully the UK). My first one was a 13th birthday present and now here I am nearing 40 and still at it :D!!

Back