Jess' Journey

Thanks ladies for the encouragement! I have to say Dukan did it for me. Its just so easy and sensible to follow - I really like the transitions from each phase and they make sense! Now I seem to be the only one of my friends that have enjoyed it or stuck to it so well - I think you just need to follow the food/lifestyle plan for what works best for you... ongoing! This is it for me.

WOW!!!

Wow, that's all I can say. Have to say I'm a bit in shock and very pleasantly surprised.

I've been very happy that I was maintaining on Conso and even dropped a bit of weight. Then 2 weeks ago I had a nice bump on scale. I went away for work and fun and also was PMSing. I was a bit surprised that I didn't get my usual bump up 4ish lbs from PMS bloat. I just told myself it was because I wasn't bloating this month. Then TOTM and I'm still about the same and even slightly down... strange!

Without giving TMI, I was wretchedly sick on Monday and scale on Tuesday had 3lb drop! Ha, ha I thought (ace - love it... finally in the 170s, but of course only temporary!) Wednesday comes (all better now and drinking/eating normally) - scale the same again... strange?? So, this morning what happens? ANOTHER drop!!! It moves about .3 lbs down. I cannot believe it.

I love Conso really. It forces me to weigh my weakness like cheese and pasta, but it allows me so much more freedom to make my own choices that I haven't felt denied anything really over these past three weeks. I'm still not eating the bread/wrap or fruit every single day, but do it when I want/need it. Exercise has been rigourous and consistent - sure that's helping too.

PS - did my weigh in today officially as I'm off to Glasgow to see Take That tonight so can't do on my usual Friday!! Woohoo... good day :)

Dust, dust...

Just breaking out the old diary as I've decided to actually totally go for it. Have been THRILLED with weight loss and maintenance thus far and seriously didn't think I'd want to go further. But 6 months on and confident that I can maintain (biggest concerns as per original entry) - I'm going for one more stone of weight loss. This seems like the best time as any. Hubby away for a couple of weeks so only me and daughter to cook for. Tired of food and excess after the holidays so will be thrilled to hang up the wine bottle for a couple of months. Absolutely no holidays or work things planned until March. So it totally makes sense... and what do I have to lose except more weight??!!!

Just did a Tesco shop for Saturday delivery, Sunday will be meat-cooking day, and Monday I'm off.

Wish me luck!

Hello there Joss - delighted to have you back on the forum and hope you enjoy being back on the old Dukan diet. You've done brilliantly on stabilisation, so here's to the last stone!

Good luck with the last stone, do you think that's the way to go ? Stabalise then see how you feel ?

Hi jess and welcome back, I remember you from when I had just joined. I've been feeling the same about losing a little bit more weight. Although I'm pleased to be back in size 8-10's I feel there is a little bit more belly fat that I could lose. I think i might aim for another half a stone. I'm pretty sure it will go from my stomach area as this is where I have gained after holidays and Christmas. Good luck restarting dukan

Hi gang and thanks for the warm welcome back!

Ellie - This worked for me. I was at a point that I was ready to give up/in and was frustrated with the slowed weight loss. I hadn't slipped up much at all at that point and really wanted to continue to Conso/Stabilisation on a good note and that's why I ended early. I wasn't far from my own personal goal (175lbs) as I never planned on going to 165 as per Dukan's "true weight." Seemed a bit out of reach if I'm honest - was a VERY heavy young adult (lost over 100lbs when I was in my 20's) and then maintained around 195/200 for over 10 years and was satisfied with that lot... I felt/looked good and exercised loads so was in good health. Now, I'm just being greedy in going for the next stone, but I don't doubt I'll love it and enjoy the change in my body - especially at the gym which is where I've had the greatest boost from my 1st Dukan run.

Welcome back Jess :)

You're an inspiration to newbies and restarters (such as myself)

good luck with losing your next stone xxx

SO Excited for tomorrow!!! Can't believe I'm looking forward to going on a flipping diet :D!! Seriously - all food has been cooked today... I'm enjoying my last glass of wine for a while and having one last bag of popcorn (my favourite evening treat.) Not glum in the slightest that food will be restricted soon - actually looking forward to the feeling of getting healthier and also sleeping better (with the exception of the numerous midnight wee runs ;-)

See you all soon as this board will once again become my refuge when temptation strikes!

Day one here we go. 3 Days of Attack. Going to Body Combat this morning. Have plans to go Wednesday as well - planned a beef meal for Tuesday night and again for breakie on Wednesday to be sure I have high energy. Very excited. Scales up to 178.6 this a.m. which means I only put on 3.6lbs from lowest weight ever (which may have been an anomoly but I'm taking it! :)) Friday is my official weigh-in day (having been doing myself for years), so I'll update stats then. Wish me luck!!

Fingers crossed - I'm starting a week today (I'm taking a friend out to lunch for his birthday on Sunday, and have no intention of skipping the cocktails or the cheese!

Day One of Dukan Part Deux

Day One Report - Attack

I'm happy to report that Dukan is exactly as I remember and I have similar dedication as the 1st time. I've not been tempted in the least and in fact, have been more excited than anything!
  • Breakfast: Coffee w/skimmed milk; Egg white and lean ham omelette w/cottage cheese
  • Lunch: Prawn and Sea Bass soup
  • Dinner: Not-so-successful slow-cooked turkey (oh well - trial and error!)
  • Snacks: Oat bran gallette, fat-free plain yogurt w/Splenda, chicken strips, lean turkey mini-burgers
  • Drinks: loads of water (gave up Diet Soda as I'm convinced it lends itself to cravings)
  • Exercise: 1 hour Body Combat
All in all, a great start. I'm super-pleased !! Onward and downward.

An hour of body combat on attack day 1?!

You're putting me to shame Jess :) - I'm on day 2 and I feel floored lol...good luck with the rest of your attack phase, how many days are you doing? x

Back