Jim

LizS

Shut up Ethel
Jim- I've not been around for a while but just noticed a) you had to have some sort of op and b) your new pictures!

a - hope all is well with you now and
b - swit swoo! looking good there fella. you must be so chuffed. Well done!

Hehe thanks Liz!!!

Yeah, I was rushed into hospital a few weeks ago with a strangulated hernia (or obstructed? not sure which and I didn't care at the time lol). So as a result I've had to quit the CD since you're not allowed to do it withing xxx weeks? of having an operation, giving birth etc. etc. That was advice from my CDC, so I'm now into calorie counting. Obviously I had to put exercise on hold too.

CC is actually suiting me really well. CD worked wonders with me but doing CC is making *really* conscious of my food intake. I think CD gave me the tools to get my weight down quickly, and put me in the right mindset for a healthier life, and the calorie counting is making sure I watch what I'm doing and that I don't pile weight back on.

Actually I'm still losing; I've set my calorie intake at around 1600/day. I still check my weight on a Thursday (and Sunday...) though I had a sly scale hop this morning and I've lost 5lbs so far this week :D

I started my exercise again this week, though I'm focussed more on running training since I've entered this challenge thing. I reckon this has helped my loss this week. I'm only running a mile per day at the moment, but I just got back from today's and I did it in 9m 52s :D

So I'm off for a shower! :eek:

Ooh, pictures: the one on the right is actually from just before my operation. I'll put something newer up when I get a chance, I've got to go into the office this afternoon (boooo)

Ha ha, all this flattery, poor Jim will need his head surgically removed if we continue to praise him!

Really pleased to hear that calorie counting and exercise is working so well for you, it would have been easy for any of us to have used an operation as an excuse to abandon dieting.

Of course (nosey me) will be looking at any photos you might post!

<blush> ah gawd, I won't be able to get my head through the door when I go for my run later, at this rate :D

Thanks though ladies!

I second that .. you do look good Jim :D

You have done amazing and look blooming great Jim, get those pics up:p

By request, there is a new pic in my album...

It seems I've put 4lbs on in a week! :eek:

However, I've joined a running forum and speaking to some of the people there, it's not uncommon for new runners to put a couple of lbs on due to water retention and glycogen build up. As long as the maths stays correct (ie calories in < calories out) then I'll will continue to lose weight, so I'm not worried about the 4lbs. I've upped my run length by 1/4 mile today, I'm going to increase by the same amount every week all being well :D

Crikey Jim
Its amazing what this diet does to people, you are looking so different and looking very well (which is my subtle acknowledgment that jim looks good, lol!)
Don't worry about small gain as this is all part of the exercise regime.
Coincidentally, I am meeting a male friend that is over 10 stones overweight in a few hours but he is not ready to think about dieting yet but I will mention your success.
I guess we all find the right time and trigger to start dieting/exercise/healthy lifestyles.
Best of luck with your preparation for the run x

Thanks Blingbabe!

Yeah, I know what you're saying about being the right time; you definately have to be in the right place mentally...

Back