JimmyShoo Cambridge Diary

JimmyShoo

Silver Member
Well i'll start with an introduction to myself. I am Lisa 30 something and very happily married:p. No kids 1 cat.

Well my weight problem really didn't begin until i was in my late 20's. I was always i nice steady size 12 bottoms 14 top (big boobs) and i never felt the need to have to diet really and was lucky enough to be able to eat more or less what i wanted. I also was very active walked everywhere as i didn't drive.

I became ill when i was 29 :sigh: and was diagnosed with IBS, well it depressed me and i became more inactive and around the same time i passed my driving test so the walking went out the window with the provisional licence.

Well i put a about a stone on which i used to manage with Weight Watchers.

I continued to be ill and in a lot of pain but lived with it though it was getting me down more and more. On one occasion something happened to me that made me go back to my GP and she pushed for some tests for me, well after barium enemas a laporoscopy i was diagnosed with stage IV Endometriosis with Cysts on my Ovaries. My Bowel and uterus were stuck to my stomach wall and my uterus was tilted badly.

In Feb 06 i had an 8 hour op to remove the cysts remove the adhesions suspend my uterus and basically sort the mess out inside. To have this surgery i had to take a drug for 6 months that would make my body mimic the menopause. Well with drugs and depression and more recently stopping smoking i have gone up to a size 18 bottoms and 18/20 top. weighing in at 92kg.

I saw a friend who had recently lost a lot of weight with CD and looked amazing her skin glowed and she looked ten years younger i at that moment i thought i want to be like her.

I looked up the CD website found myself a counsellor and i am starting on the 19th October. This week is going to be all about preparation for me. I am a believer in planning and failing to plan is planning to fail.

So i hope in two weeks time to be able to give you my Wk 1 Weigh In result.

Last edited:
DAY 1

Well i'm here already at day one.

I have just had a meeting with my counsellor Karen and i am now writing this and enjoying my first shake (Choc n Mint).

I went away early on friday morning to a hotel with everyone from work where we had a team building day and at night a lovely dinner dance disco with awards. I wore a gorgeous new dress and which i had to buy for the occasion. Its gorgeous and i am now going to get it dry cleaned and put it on EBAY because i will NOT be needing it again.

The party was great fun except i felt conscious that i was the small fat one that my boobs looked huge (the guys loved it) (38FF) i didn't like the attention that drew, and that i only felt $500,000 or half a million dollars.

I was talking to my boss on friday and she just mentioned in passing she was going to go on lighter life she is 6ft 2 and 15st she doesn't look at all fat maybe a little heavier round the middle but nothing major and then she went on to tell me that when she got married she was 11st 7lb, she must have been like a model. So then i told her about my journey that i was starting with CD. She cannot get onto a class for LL for 3 weeks and is going to find a CD counsellor too.

Well to say i am excited is an understatement Karen my CDC just took a picture of me in my Size 18 jeans and we had decided to take a monthly picture of me for my journey. I am not going to post any yet but i will be adding them along the way.

Karen was really pleased i had found Minimins and is a member (although she said she was more of a lurker than a poster) and i told her i was making a online diary of my journey. Karen is lovely and looks fabulous from her CD and has been slim now for quite a long time, i even think from her before photo's i recognised her from one of the many WW or SL classes i have joined over the years.

So day one begins i have my pint glass of water at my side and today is the day my life begins and i start to take of the layers of my fat suit and show people the real me.

Day 1 evening

Well the day has been ok so far............... i have felt hungry but this is something i wanted to experience as i think being overweight and having foody issues i have forgotten what it is like to feel hungry as i was always adding fuel to the fire i never actually let it go out.

I have managed 6 pint glasses of water and two mugs of coffee. I felt a little light headed this afternoon but i had some water and a coffee and i soon came round.

I have had the oriental chilli soup for tea which was ok too i like spicy food so this wasn't so bad. I found whisking it and having frothy soup a bit strange but all the same it wasn't a problem.

DH is in total support and has even offered to shop for his own food now to help me but i have asked him just to come with me as i do like shopping and i don't just buy the food when i go but all the other things for the laundry and cleaning. This in its self is an achievement as he doesn't do the supermarket.

He has also said to me not to tell people what i am doing unless its really necessary as some people can be quite judgemental and he knows why i am doing this and for the right reasons which is ME !!!

So here i sit with my glass of water and i am looking forward to having me final shake of the day a little later......mm what flavour shall i have????

Day 2

Well i just got up and have been sat in the chair hugging my black coffee and trying to wake myself.

I had a strange night slept wellish but woke up quite a few times thinking about the diet but not about food which was surprising, i thought i would be dreaming of all the foods i love.

I feel a little fuzzy headed this morning but not sure if thats just "monday morning head" or a the affects of CD kicking in. I am sat here yawning away so it could well be "MMH"

Well i am going to hit the shower and then its shakie time, and then i will be on the road for the day armed with 2 x 2 litres of water in my car to decant into my small bottle.

Yesterday i managed 7 pint glasses of water so i need to keep it up today.

xx

Hi great to hear you are been really possitive .The first few days can be a bit of a struggle as your body is going through a detox .You will soon get past them and be in ketosis so things will improve quickly .Just keep telling yourself that it is worth it (which it is :p)Keep posting I will try pop in to see how you are doing and help if i can keep busy it will help .
Things to do if cravings hit
go for a warm bath
pamper yourself paint nails facial ect
look at clothes you are going to buy :p
play games in arcade (look on blue band above
get on msn and chat to one or 2 of us or other friends
post your struggles on here peeps will help xx

Day 2 Evening

Thanks Mandy it was lovely to see someone had posted lifted my spirits a bit cos its been a cruddy old day.

I have felt ok diet wise just tummy rumbles which i can live with but i am very short tempered today and peeps saying the wrong thing to me have got short shrift. i am sure it will pass (i hope so)

Just had my second shake EUGH !!!!!!! it was gross choc orange and tasted like pure sugar and orange flavouring i ended up holding my nose to drink the darned thing, won't be getting that one again.

I am looking forward to my soup this evening. i made my soup in a bowl last night and ate it with a spoon it was better as didn't feel like i was having just a drink.

I haven't had the best day as i said and really it is probably due to the diet i could quite easily cry right now but i am not going to i am going to get the hoover out instead and clean up. I think things will be be much easier when i am in Ketosis and i have to be patient for this first four days or so until it kicks in.

I am unsure if you can season the soups with salt and pepper and i saw someone had used tabasco is this ok can you add these things, and can you drink Boullian too on sole source all these tricks of the trade can help along the way.

Oh well hoovering it is then

xxxx

Day 3 and 4

Well i have been so very busy with work i haven't had time to think about the CD.

I have just drank my water and made the god awful shakes. (i have done a swap today with my CDC)

I did make crisps last night with tabasco and they were awesome. I haven't felt ill at all apart from the odd fuzziness. Nigel said my breath smelt so i got some alcohol free mouth rinse.

Sleeping better but i am so excited about getting weighed at the end of the week lol.

Day 4 has been so busy i have been presenting to customers today and had my first foody experience with people. I had hired a hotel and they did a carvery for dinner for delegates but i avoided it claiming i had to return calls on my phone and that the voicemails couldn't wait. It worked anyway and i was able to drink a couple of pints of water whilst they were off munching. Karen called to swap my packs today i got shut of the choc orange and some banana and tom and chilli soups i had far too many of them. Anyway i got veg soup and chicken and mushroom. The veg was lovely just like batchelors with out the croutons so i know i can have that and be ok now along with some crisps now and then. I am going to have a shower and was my hair now and have a hot choc before bed. Oh i forgot i am in Ketosis i am so chuffed i got a lovely rosie colour.

See you all soon XX

Well hello Mrs JimmyShoo,,, cool name,,,your doing brilliant and I love your positive attitude. Great idea about the phonecalls and voicemail for an avoidance tactic :giggle: I'll have to use that myself some time, avoidance tactics is what we all get real good at on the cambridge diet :p I can't wait to hear your 1st week weigh in, you've got the right attitude so you deserve a huge reward :gen126:

Hey there.. just read your diary.. You're doing fantastic.. you should be really pleased with yourself..

i look forward to reading more of your journey..

x x

Back