Jim's Curry Recipe

Rela

Wannabe Lean!!!
I can't find it anywhere, can someone point me in the right direction? Hubs has just come home with a slow cooker that was reduced to a tenner in asda so gonna have a bash with that!

it was in a post somewhere. I'll go and find it

was this it?

This works really well.
Finely chop half an onion and fry in extra virgin olive oil until brown.
Add salt to taste
Add 4 cloves of garlic and about inch root ginger finely chopped.
Add about teasp of cumin seeds
Add 2-3 green chillies finely chopped (add more or less to get the right heat!)
Chop two fresh tomatoes and add and fry untill cooked.
Add 1lb cubed raw chicken breast and fry until cooked.
Now add just enough water to cover and simmer for 20 mins.
Then uncover and reduce liquid (boil rapidly) until it is the consistency you like.
Add half a teasp of garam masala
sprinkle with a generous ammount of fresh corriander

I should go and put it in the recipe section. I hasten to say it's not my recipe, it belongs to a lovely girl called Sue.

It's quite dry Lisa, I eat it with rice now, but ate it on it's own during induction.

collies? mashed collies? Curried collie/veg..... Oh Im hungry now

Off-2-the-fridge-Woofy X

Oh I remember I used to hard boil some eggs to go with it.

Not curried eggsactly woofy, just sliced and laid on top. :)

Thanks matey! :)

I only added 1 1/2 chillies to mine as that was lip tingling hot ... cooled it down with some double cream .. I love this recipe!

xx

Well tesco had no chillies but even so it was very nice! I had mine with grated cauliflower, it was just like white rice! Bloody gorgeous! :)

I only added 1 1/2 chillies to mine as that was lip tingling hot

LOL, you wouldn't like it when I do it then Jools, I use 6 chilli's. *SHE* won't even kiss me after, so it's not all bad then ;)

There are loads of variations of 'curries'...even lemon corainder chicken is a curry...it all depends on the spices you use peeps...experiment, garam, tikka, chilli powder, whole chillies, cumin, turmeric, ginger, garlic, fenugreek, coriander, saffron, cloves, cinnamon, black pepper corns, they all add spice, even nutmeg is used in Indian cookery...I've made four different curries in four weeks (and I haven't even done a Korma or Biryani or they usual suspects yet)...the flavours all different because of the spices used...be adventurous...

I dare you!

Last night was spiced rice (cinnamon stick, cardamom pods, cloves, black peppercorns, cumin and onions in the rice) and chicken kalia (think that was its name)...cardamom pods mmmm....

Last edited:
I've just made Jim's "lovely lady called Sue's" curry and it is to die for! That's going to be a regular on my menu now. Had it with cauli, broccilli and mange tout. Fab!!!

Yes it is fantastic isn't it love. I must post some more. In have loads of great recipe's

Post away Jim! I need more yummy recipes.

Back