• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

JO1 - lets talk bikes :)

jo1

Silver Member
You lucky thing, my Oh has the bike but i ride pillion! do you belong to a chapter if so which one? One of my goals is to learn to ride and then in time own one of my own x

no no - I am not a member. Just meant I am a lady. (well, in general terms anyway! lol)

Unfortinately, my bike is off the road at the moment - neets tax and MOT.

My husband has a Fatboy, and I have a Dyna Lowrider Convertible....I'll look for a pic.

I like riding, but I miss being a pillion too - always a nice way to spend time together. Its cozy. :D

Doing my DAS course, I believe was the groundwork for my success on this diet. It was stressful and scary at times learning to ride and take a test. I'm 48 and never riden my own....and I kept wondering if that was a stupid thing to do! lol - BUt I loved it. And it was quite an acheivement.

Did my training on a 500 - bought a 125cc to ride till I tested - tested - and went straight from a 125 to my Harley. Erm - sli-i-i-ight difference in weight, style and handling!

So - when I did that - I decided if I can do that - I can do anything. :) SO maybe one day you will do it too. :)

Never give up - I wanted a Harley since I was 19. lol

Let me go look for some pics.

jo1

Silver Member
We are in the New Forest Chapter and are looking forward to the meet in Warmwell in May (another reason to lose the weight) not many HD tops that fit me :( Steve has a Heritage, He went to Sturgis in 2005 and thats what he hired, decided that it was a lot more comfortable than bike he had at the time so got that one when he got back, I have to say it's better on the bum for me to!
Everytime I see a female on an HD it just makes me want to ride one but at 45 i may be a little old to start now :eek:

Redpam

Living the Life
We are in the New Forest Chapter and are looking forward to the meet in Warmwell in May (another reason to lose the weight) not many HD tops that fit me :( Steve has a Heritage, He went to Sturgis in 2005 and thats what he hired, decided that it was a lot more comfortable than bike he had at the time so got that one when he got back, I have to say it's better on the bum for me to!
Everytime I see a female on an HD it just makes me want to ride one but at 45 i may be a little old to start now :eek:
Of course you are not too old to learn. My DH was 54 when he got his Harley 100th Anniversary Sportster 1200 nearly 6 years ago and he had not ridden a motorbike since he was 18.

As for HD clothes for women, you need to go to the States as they have amazing clothes in all sizes. I have HD clothes in sizes 2XL downwards. Mind you I would not get on the pillion at the weight I am at the moment. Poor bike!!!

My Husband belonged to 2 HOGs in England and is now joining the local one in Portugal. Mind you the price of Harleys here is astronomical.

Pam

Your never too old to take your test
I'm 48 still riding although took my test in '77
A lot of my customers are in their 80's & still ride although they are classic bikes mainly

Dont ride bikes, but always wanted to own one, if i ever did it has to be a chopper.

I love Orange County Choppers and if i could afford it i would otherwise the new Harley is lovely

nevre did til i met my OH. he's recent convert to harleys, always been a sports bike chappy, but i must say backseat much more plush than the 'birdtable' i used to be perched on

jo1

Silver Member
My Brother has a Harley too and wen we go out his wife takes photos of us on ours as we ride along, thats how I know how awful it can look, she's a size 10 :mad:

Redpam

Living the Life
My Brother has a Harley too and wen we go out his wife takes photos of us on ours as we ride along, thats how I know how awful it can look, she's a size 10 :mad:
:8855::8855:

When we were at the HD dealer at Pombal the other day, booking my husbands HD in for a service, I went around looking to see which model had the biggest rear seat :8855:

Yeah - I used to ride with blinders on. I couldn't bear to look at any experssions of anyone stopped next to us. I wasn';t about to let my wieght stop me from doing something I worked hard to do - but it was cringeworthy at best.

I can;t wait to get out his summer. I have bought and gone through 2 pairs of leather jeans on this diet! Gonne have to get me all new leathers, get her Taxxed and MOT'd and then get on her and make sure I can still hold her up!!! :D :rotflmao:

Will be so nice to not be worrying if people are sniggering!!! :D