Job applications...

Devon Dolce

1lb at a time!
...it's a full time job just completing job application forms! Oh well, I guess while I'm typing away trying to explain to people how brilliant I am and that they really do want to give me a job, I'm not eating!

One down, one to go... for today at least!

xxx

Just make sure you save a copy, so come the next application you can just copy and paste what you need!

Just make sure you save a copy, so come the next application you can just copy and paste what you need!

I thought that, and tried it, but the wording of each is slightly different so each statement I write needs to be tweaked and by the time I've messed about with the words I've re-written it anyway! xxx

Best of luck - what sort of job are you hunting for?
xx

Thanks hun! My skills and experience is marketing, PR and communications so ideally something within that skills set! Having the first couple of weeks of January off was nice but now I'm getting severe cabin fever and want to get back to work! Will speak to the temp agencies in the next couple of days and try and get something to tide me over!

I am doing some of my own business work whilst I'm not working but I need something regular to keep things ticking over!! xxx

with a marketing and PR background, have you considered internet marketing? someone I know and her husband make a good living at it and never have to leave the house ( though that sounds like a bad thing for you..? )..

you are right though.. you do 4-5 hours a day just searching the web, sending off CV's and forms and generally looking for work... and people have the strange notion that being unemployed means sitting eating crisps and watching jeremy kyle all day... :( ;)

Ohh Im doing the same thing at the minute.
I have been applying for jobs in a music/media field as that is where I wanna be and soo pleased, I got an interview for Wednesday!
Cannot wait =D

Good luck to you!

Good luck with your applications and interviews! I'll keep my fingers crossed for both of you. (And when they are crossed I cannot use them to open the fridge ;))

Thank you very much.
I have no idea what type of interview or anything it will be so I am a bit nervous but just going to make sure I know as much as possible about the company. Eek.
We shall see.

...it's a full time job just completing job application forms! Oh well, I guess while I'm typing away trying to explain to people how brilliant I am and that they really do want to give me a job, I'm not eating!

One down, one to go... for today at least!

xxx

Have you joined any job sites?
I like UK jobs: Find a job, build a career. It
on there you can fill in some questions about yourself then upload your cv then when browsing jobs and see something you fancy you can click on the "one click apply" button.
Good luck xxx

Thank you all for your suggestions, good lucks and hints and tips - all muchly appreciated! I know something will come along soon and in the meantime it's giving me a good chance to get stuff sorted wkend/small business wise and get other bits done that I won't be able too when back to work! xxx

Hi Devon_Dumpling - I'm in the same situation, applying for jobs everyday (I work in HR/Recruitment) - I'm getting lots of interviews but then finding that I don't have enough money to travel to London...:( I'm relocating there as soon as I get something but it's never an easy ride!

Definitely do join up with agencies, lots of them! I find that they call me now regularly as soon as something new comes up that hasn't even been advertised...also if you're not already - join linkedin! Networking is a great way to come across new opportunities and they have a job search facility, employers will also look for candidates on there. In the past i've recruited using Linkedin, Twitter and Facebook so it definitely works!

Best of luck to all of you :)

Woohoo! I've been invited to interview next week! Panel of 3, need to take examples of my work and have to sit a short Microsoft Office 2007 skills test - will need to practice this week, I use XP so the 2 versions are a bit different! Eek! xxx

Woohoo! I've been invited to interview next week! Panel of 3, need to take examples of my work and have to sit a short Microsoft Office 2007 skills test - will need to practice this week, I use XP so the 2 versions are a bit different! Eek! xxx

Good luck!!! you will do it! xxx

Good luck!
At least you know so you can prepare!

Awesome news!! Good luck DD!!

Back