Jod's WL diary

J0d

**Warning, this diary entry is sombre and those of a jolly disposition should look away now**

I don't know exactly why I've decided to do this diary, it's probably the hope that it will give me an extra reason to keep on track.

Today is day 7 and my first weigh in. I'm 8.5 lbs lighter than this time last week so the abstinence has been worth it. I'd like to report that I'm ecstatic, but in truth it feels like an anti climax. My scales have shown a 4 lb difference (lighter) all week so it was a bit of a shock at the pharmacy as I was expecting 12 lbs to pop up on the scales. That's taught me a good lesson today to rely on the pharmacy scales and stop obsessing about weighing myself every day. From now on I'm going to try and wait til I get to weigh in to find out!

In terms of the week and how it's been, the weirdest feeling has been reaching out on autopilot to buy/eat something and having to stop, think and remind myself I can't have it/ don't need it. That takes some getting used to but it's not a bad feeling.

Why do I want to lose weight? If I do, it will give me the opportunity to change my life. I need to pass a medical for a visa so it's a simple choice really.

I've been having a think about goals and ways to keep on track. Thinking about the number of weeks I need to do this to get to goal weight is daunting. Instead I'm going to take one day at a time - I've read a lot of comments on here about that and it seems to be the way to go.

In an attempt to get away from my chocolate habit, I've decided to swap one reliance for another - shopping! If I can keep this up for 3 more weeks I'll be the owner of a lovely new handbag I've got my eye on. i realise that is self-indulgent but at the moment I really need a non-food reward to focus on. It would be lovely to have to worry about where to put all the new handbags instead of the chocolate wrappers....

So that's my first diary entry and hopefully there will be another one next week.

Mood: sombre, calm

Week 1: -8.5 lbs
(Felt good typing that)

Welcome. You are getting along fine. Water consumption is the hardest I find about this diet. The hunger pangs go on about day 9. 2 weeks and its so much easier. You will still get cravings but if you try to stick to 100% they ease off. Unlike me I am forever having a snack after each week. I see it as a reward for being good. However a drug user won't do that so why should I. I can't help it though. Trying to get out of the habit. Good luck on your journey.

Hi Sam, I know what you mean - it's hard to get out of the habit of thinking you need some kind of reward after accomplishing something.

Hi J0d

Retail therapy is a great way to keep you going and becomes a necessity after a while! I bought some size 20 trousers about 4/5weeks ago. They were very snug then and wearing them yesterday for business meetings, they're already too big on the waist and hanging down on my hips :)

I shall just have to go out and buy some 18's I suppose... ;)

Keep it up, you're doing great!!

Best wishes

Kay x x x

Hi J0d

Well done on your first weeks loss, over half a stone in a week is fantastic! The diet does get easier, and like you, I find recording stuff on here helps. A new handbag sounds like the perfect reward for a month on plan :)

Hi both, thanks for the support :)

Kay, that must feel great! Baggy trousers is a nice problem to have, I hope you don't walk out of them though!

Have you treated yourself at all Nic?

Jo

No, I'm saving at the moment, looking forward to a nice new wardrobe for the summer ;)

Well it's the end of week 2, just been to get weighed and now sat with three quarters of an uneaten flapjack wondering how on earth I'm going to eat it and the other four I ordered. They are horrible!

It's half term this week so it's been chaotic juggling work, childcare and hospital. I went to hospital on Monday for a 24 hr test on my stomach. I told them I was on LT and thought that would be fine, but they said I had to eat normal food for the day, and not just normal food, but high fat and highly acidic food or the test wouldn't work! I was half gutted and half secretly pleased at being given licence to eat. So I ate, lots, had thrown it all up by the evening (sorry, too much info I know) and was eagerly awaiting my shakes the next day. I can honestly say I didn't enjoy eating it, it felt out of control and a setback. Definitely a mind shift going on there.

I've lost 6 lbs this week and really happy with that - it could've been a lot worse.

When I next get a food craving I'm going to try and remember how I felt on Monday - no food is worth feeling like that for.

Roll on week 3 :D

Mood: optimistic

6lbs, a great loss. Sorry to hear about the hospital visit, sounds grim. Good luck for the next week, you sound very determined :)

The end of week three is here and it's gone relatively smoothly. The diet has been manageable this week, although I'm really bored with the choice. I only like the chocolate shakes so very limited in the taste sensations department! Tried following one of the recipes for a 'muffin' but ended up with smoke coming out of the microwave and a really bad smell!

Today has definitely been the toughest day. I made the mistake (?) of looking at the S & S website last night and spent a long time imaging all the lovely tastes (even if they are synthetic/out of a packet) and that's made my resolve for LT wobble a bit today. I don't know if I could keep to a diet without the weekly weigh in and with some of the choices looking so nice though, so am trying to shake off the the temptation to switch at the moment. I think the biggest worry would be whether at the end of the diet I would still have exactly the same palate and craving for sweet things.

Went to the pharmacy for weigh in earlier and ended up weighing myself and sorting out the packs as the LT-woman was off. 3 lbs down this week :)

Mood: in two minds

J0d I only have chocolate shakes and have done for a long time. I don't even think about the shakes as food anymore. Just something to fill the small void 3 times a day. It really helps you to disassociate from food, and although it may feel difficult initially not having flavour choice, I think it's actually a blessing and lessens the cravings and the need for flavour x x x

I agree with Kay, I've never been as successful as lipotrim n the plans like slim and save for a number of reasons.

1. I can cheat myself - weigh a day later, forget to weigh, measure portions incorrectly, and no one knows
2. The add a meal schemes are always tempting - I'll go up a plan for Friday, Saturday, the dog's birthday... Any excuse to eat!
3. The flavours in food packs make me crave a bigger variety of food, "hmm I'll try bolognese, a bit of cheese won't hurt, no carbs... "
4. The snack bars make me snack!
5. The milk allowance - "well one skinny latte or two won't hurt if I've not used it for the rest of the week"

and so it goes on....
mind you, that's me and my pathetic willpower. The packs sound nice and lots of people are doing really well on it. :)

Nic and Kay completely agree with you about the dangers of a regime other than a total food replacement diet. By the way, fantastic weight loss to all of you. Am using ye're good results to motivate myself :) How are you getting on JOd? You seem to be flying it so good on you :)

BTW, completely forgot to say,

well done for 3lb off, that's fab. :):):)

Ah thanks Nic! Have lost 7lbs this week in total!! So thrilled!! This diet is hard but it does work. In fairness it'd want to with all this sacrifice :) bring on the summer bikini body :))

Nic & Kay, you two really are a great support to everyone on here - thank you! You've listed all the reasons why it's just not worth swapping over (for me) at this point when I don't have the willpower to eat just one bar.. Hi Sarah, I'm over the wobble I think so onwards and upwards!

Thank you J0d. I've had a lot of help along my journey from fantastic people on here. Hope I can pass that on. We're doing a really tough thing, and should take pride and confidence from the fact that we are doing it!
I have really benefited from not eating and being able to distance myself far enough from food to think hard about all the psychological reasons I eat and now know I can deal with many situations and stress without having to turn to food to make me feel better (and worse). Stick with it luv, you're doing great x x x

Aw, thank you JOd, that is really kind, and has really given me a boost after a rubbish few days. This forum is really supportive and helps so much, I don't think I'd manage without it.

End of week four and two pounds down. I've started exercising so not sure how that has affected this week's loss.

Have had some exciting news about the visa and need to get our medicals done. We are booked in for a couple of weeks time for them and I now need to lose 21 lbs to be certain to pass. Even with the exercise I think I would have to chop off a couple of limbs to achieve that. At least all the excitement is keeping me totally on track. No time for doubts!

Mood: excited and panicked

Back