Joes sausages

Wendyuk

Anyone tried them? It cost £55 :eek: So the kids and hubby have been told to stay away from them lol should last me awhile I hope they're good.

3 Traditional Thick Pork Sausage. £3.40 each

3 Pork & Apple Grill Sticks £3.40 each

3 Pork & Apple Sausage £3.40 each

3 Lincolnshire Pork Sausage £3.40 each

4 Pork Chipolatas £3.40 each

Thanks Kristin that's good to know! At that price it will definitely be a treat and not an everyday thing. But I'm really looking forward to having sausages when hubby and the boys are having a fry up as I always give the sausages a miss. :D

SOK, I just googled them! They're not as pricey as I thought, considering you get 8 in a pack! (I thought you meant you get 3 sausages for £3.40! Blond moment!!) And for good quality AND very low fat that's not bad!! Do you know how many syns are in each?X

Joe's sausages are delicious and are the only sausages I eat! They're completely free on SW, as are the hamburger patties and sausage meat!! :D

See I knew there some plus points for living in Lancashire (lol) ....... we're only up the road from Joes and if you visit the warehouse, they're cheaper than the online prices. (just in case anyone else is close by and fancies giving them a visit).

They're all syn free, they're bloomin fab and they freeze well too.

x

Thanks Kristin that's good to know! At that price it will definitely be a treat and not an everyday thing. But I'm really looking forward to having sausages when hubby and the boys are having a fry up as I always give the sausages a miss. :D

Morrisons eat smart sausages used to be free,and probably still are - a lot cheaper than those prices!

Joe's sausages are fab. I made the Bangers & Mash pie from the comfort foods cookbook with the chilli & garlic ones last week and it was delicious!

I don't think they are that expensive. They are good quality sausages, all lean meat as opposed to the crap you find shoved in other sausages so more expensive ingredients over all, plus from a smaller independant butcher who it will cost more than big comapanies or supermarkets to produce. All in considering 8 sausages in a pack, a pretty good price I think!

£59 is a lot of money to spend on sausages, granted, but if you have the freezer space and can afford to do that, then well worth it for the free postage. For smaller orders postage is quite steep (around £7 I think) but as it's a perishable item, they have to make sure they get to you quickly!

A warning though - if you go for garlic (which are lovely) they STINK! When I opened the door to receive my last delivery I could smell the garlic on the door step through two sealed boxes, and I can smell it in my freezer when I open it!

SOK, I just googled them! They're not as pricey as I thought, considering you get 8 in a pack! (I thought you meant you get 3 sausages for £3.40! Blond moment!!) And for good quality AND very low fat that's not bad!! Do you know how many syns are in each?X
Lol! I suppose it did look like that. 8 in a pack and I bought 3 packs of each and 4 of the chipolatas. Wanted the free delivery, free if you order 16 packs. There's also a minimum amount you can order, I think it's 6 but then you have to pay delivery. Alot of them are syn free but check each one as it tells you which are and which aren't. Like I said the family have been warned, so they should last me a long time, wouldn't be doing it every month lol :D

I don't think they are that expensive. They are good quality sausages, all lean meat as opposed to the crap you find shoved in other sausages so more expensive ingredients over all, plus from a smaller independant butcher who it will cost more than big comapanies or supermarkets to produce. All in considering 8 sausages in a pack, a pretty good price I think!
That is very true Agent, and if you broke it down, say you could get them locally and bought a few packets a month it wouldn't be that expensive. So £55 is a big lay out but I won't be buying them for awhile.

Jo, I'm coming to your house! You lucky sod getting them locally. Have you been buying them? Any you would recommend? (for next time of course) :D

Jo, I'm coming to your house! You lucky sod getting them locally. Have you been buying them? Any you would recommend? (for next time of course) :D

Yup its only about a half hour drive and its near a retail park so can get some shopping done there too!

I bought some of the burgers (apple ones and chilli) last time too and some peppered beef steak which I haven't tried yet - they're all sat in the freezer just waiting for me to remember to lift them out! lol

I love the chilli and garlic sausages, erm the apple, the tomato, the mustard and the traditional, oh the leek ones are nice too! lol Basically, I've not been disappointed with any of the sausage flavours!

Oooh this has got me all sausage giddy again, I might do a sausage casserole tomorrow!!

I did do the chicken cake (in the recipe section) and used the pork and tomato sausage for it - turned out bloomin luvly!

x

As a thought - if you go to group you could see if other members want to join with you and do a bulk order :)
I thought about that but don't go to a group or know anyone else that's doing SW :(

Yup its only about a half hour drive and its near a retail park so can get some shopping done there too!

I bought some of the burgers (apple ones and chilli) last time too and some peppered beef steak which I haven't tried yet - they're all sat in the freezer just waiting for me to remember to lift them out! lol

I love the chilli and garlic sausages, erm the apple, the tomato, the mustard and the traditional, oh the leek ones are nice too! lol Basically, I've not been disappointed with any of the sausage flavours!

Oooh this has got me all sausage giddy again, I might do a sausage casserole tomorrow!!

I did do the chicken cake (in the recipe section) and used the pork and tomato sausage for it - turned out bloomin luvly!

x
Ahhh so Jo in other words they're all blooming lovely lol;) :D

i've been looking at the website. they sound yummy. its a pity you have to order so much to get free postage. maybe will mention this at my sw class and see if anyone would like to split the order.

The Peppered Pork steaks are DIVINE!!! I also love the sausagemeat - I use it to make the all day breakfast quiche or just spread it over a chicken breast which has been stuffed with Laughing Cow and lay bacon over it. Yum!

The cumberlands are my firm favourites.. Have used the sausagemeat to make the Chicken cake and we also used some to make sausage rolls this christmas (which were amazing as there wasn't a bit of grease in them so the pastry was light and fluffy all round and only had to syn the pastry for some lovely extra meaty treats!). We also get the chinese chicken which is great in stir-frys!

They've arrived! Only bad thing is the pork and apple grills they're very soft, and had trouble getting them out of the packet and splitting them up into seperate bags. But had a thick pork sausage and a pork and apple grill. Delicious! You can tell there's not c**p in them, lovely and firm. Couldn't really taste the apple in the grill though, but other than that lovely. :D Have kept some chipolatas out for tea to go with my roast chicken going to wrap them in bacon, can't wait to try them.

Wendy

Back