Joined Last Night :)

MiniMouse

I had my weigh in at the end and weigh like 8lbs more than I thought :( the heaviest i've ever been! The normal consulatant wasn't there, so another woman quickly went through everything but it says in the book that your consultant will go through around how many syns you should aim for so I dont know how many I should have a day until next week when the usual consultant is there, I'm thinking around 8-10 maybe??

Also, I don't understand extra easy so I'm sticking with red and green days and today having a green day so i'm looking for your opinions on my intake today:

Breakfast: 2 weetabix and 250ml semi skimmed milk (healthy extra a+b)

Lunch: pasta with mushy peas -sounds horrible but I love it.

Drinks: Water, maybe a free diet coke later on to get my fizz fix lol!

I haven't had any syns yet, thinking of saving them for a SW strawberry mouse and still have to decide on my dinner, and still need to have another healthy extra b but I'm going to go food shopping and get some quorn in such as the sausages and mince as they are free too I think.

What do you guys think? I'm just still confused as to how you can eat lots of free food, some syns and still lose weight :S

well done on joining the class last night, if you are nearer your targer weight they say you should stick to 10 syns per day. Extra easy plan is easy if you understand the red and green plan.

Hey, you are almost right except that - you are the heaviest you will ever be!! Because you will now shrink slowly before your eyes and who cares what you weigh now focus on that first 7 pound loss:).
EE is really easy everything that is free on both days is free all day on the EE plan, when working out syns you would take the lowest value of red or green. My consultant told me to eat between 5 - 15 syns a day as I needed them. I say eat what you need and see how you lose if you lose less than you wanted then have less syns next week - remember this is a plan to live by not a short term thing so its all about making it fit your life.

Good luck x

Last edited:
Thanks to both of you, been really helpful! So do you think my intake today has been good enough? I'm thinking of having rice with kidney beans and herbs to add some flavour for my dinner, I've just had an apple and going to have 2 slices of WW bread as my second healthy extra b.

Also, on the food diaries, do you have to put water down as that is all I have been drinking?

Last edited:
When I first started SW my intake wasn't enough even though I was sticking to plan... I started having two snacks a day as well as my three meals - anything from apples, grapes or bananas to carrot sticks or even a packet of chicken!

Welllll.....I had my first weigh in last night, I had weighed myself earlier in the day because I JUST couldn't wait until class and it read that I had lost 5lbs, but when I got to class I had actually lost 6lbs :D:D Sooooo happy, but disappointed in a way because could have lost my first half stone if I had lost just one more pound :( oh well I'm going to try and lose that pound by Sunday! My first mini goal is to lost 10lbs so only 4lbs to go until then, its definetely given me the determination now to carry on because I cannot notice my weight loss but the scales dont lie! I did not stay until the end of class because I had to be somewhere as soon as I could but the consultant seems really nice :)!

Well done on your first loss 6lbs is a great loss for your first week x

Thanks guys! I was really pleased with myself considering it was my TOTM, and I've felt like I've been carrying a baby elephant all week haha! I did it mostly on green days, but I'm going to try doing more red days this week but I don't know if I should just stick with mostly green days??

Ok Hun, (goes into Mother mode!)6lbs is Fabulous! You have to remember that when you do green you will not lose water which shows up as a really dramatic loss. (It's taken me 2 weeks to do that!) SW will suit anyone. I have stuck to EE this time as I can't be *rsed to switch between red and green and do all the calculations. EE has meant I am totally relaxed about the plan and I'm losing as fast as I did in my 20's! (I'm 58) Follow whichever of the plan suits you. If you stick to it, it will work. Good luck!

6 pounds is fab well done:D, do as many of either days as you fell comfy with. I keep thinking I should try doing the separate days but it seems like too much effort!!

Well done on your weight loss this week xx

Back