Joined slimming world tonight

I'm so lucky that my OH loves it when I do slimming world as he just loses weight naturally as we don't have "naughty stuff" in the house and he knows the SW ways of cooking as well, so whoever cooks it's healthy.

Have you tried doing an of the SW curries? There are a couple of Korma recipes on the website

Well done for not giving in :wee:

It's a shame you didn't do a homemade curry so it was ready for when your hubby got a craving!? I would recommend a slow cooker to make curries, it would fill the house with your gorgeous home cooking and he'll be desperate for it lol.

Try to encourage him as you have been but I glad you didn't let him put you off, you are doing fabulously, you'll reek the rewards you'll see!!

He's really fussy that's the prob so I tend to just get the s/w curries. Il have a look for some korma receipes. I don't really have that much spare time to have a go at trying new recipes hence why I even buy cottage pie sachet it's just easy with having a little one.

I don't think it will bother me now because upto now if he had a takeaway il just have a Chinese and works well for me staying on plan.

It's my bday in 4 weeks time want to have lost another 8lb which will put me at 1stone 2lb slimming world and a total of 2stone 8lbs in total since I started my journey to be a slimmer me :D

TBH I don't really have time either, I'm sure if you buy a mild curry powder and add in some low fat yogurt and either pasatta sauce or tinned tomatoes, that's more or less your korma.

Depending on veg he likes, (my kids are fussy too) so I usually cook my veg separately and then serve their food first and mix everything of mine in after!! I LOVE my veggies, all of them, so the more I can pile my plate with different veg the more satisfying it is for me!

You could do a simple chicken/potato one for him and peas, tomatoes or cauliflower if he likes that, you really can make it very personal.

Ye I surpose . I think I need a evening looking through some recipes some are really easy aren't they. Prob easier make it for myself and have it over two days lol.

I'm so glad I'm a single mummy, no man getting on my nerves lol. I sometimes over estimate on food so quite often freeze, luckily I have a big chest freezer. I have some curry, bolognese & Lasagne.

Today I have cooked and they are keeping warm in my slow cooker, some chicken drumsticks. I've just cut up some potatoes and microwaved chips, currently cooking on low in the oven now to crisp up and I think i'll have beans and salad on the side.

I need to get planning for the week.

Ye they can be pains wouldn't be without him tho. I reckon I'm going to do stuff and freeze It that's my aim this week to find new things and get stuff for fri with shopping

No, I'm sure he has his plus side lol, men eh!

Well done you, making that decision, if you cook extra for at least 3 meals, you'll not have to cook for 3 weeks :) or at least in emergency situations like yesterday, you'll have something that will take 10 mins to defrost in the microwave, it's something I like to do when the kids are staying with their dad and I'm not in the mood to cook for one.

Day 18

The moment you wake up and have dreamt you have eaten loads of doughnuts hahahah what I fab feeling when you haven't lol.

Off to softplay today and lunch out so il either go for gammon and jacket or steak and jacket.

Plan today

Breakfast - alpen bar HEX b
Lunch jacket and Steak BBQ marinade
Tea super noodles potato salad
Bowl of fruit

Syns prob the lot on BBQ marinade so was good for rest of the day

Last edited:
I wrote the post above first thing but didn't press post reply lol.

So for dinner I went for a big steak to be told they had ran out so option was 90z sirloin or 10oz rib eye. I had noticed the rib eye comes this things on top. I asked if could have plain with just a jacket he said that's fine.

Anyway food came tasted so good I double checked the menu it said rib eye in BBQ marinade :banghead:. As I didn't have menu infront of me at till thort couldn't go wrong.

How many syns do you all reckon for this I'm just goin to go with the days worth I think. Gutted wanted a creme egg tonight haha

Back