Joined the gym.

Gemma1986

Im just me!
I bit the bullet and joined the gym last night and tonights my induction.

Congrats, good luck with it! I started my gym routine again and am absolutely loving it, I'm at the stage now where I really look forward to going! Just stick with it - the hardest part is always getting there!

Hope it goes well for you! x

Good luck! :) I've been going 2 weeks now and am noticing a difference. Lost 1.5 inches off my hips & 2 off my waist. X

Well done! I've noticed that the gym works wonders, not only on your body but it gives you a lot more energy and general well being :) Happy gyming!

Well done! I've been going for a week now and I'm feeling the benefits already.:)

I've been a member of the gym for about three months and in that time I have gone once (apart from one Pilates class)... shameful, really. However, this morning I was determined that I wasn't going to sit on my rather well-covered posterior any longer, and so I dragged the aforementioned up there. I'm feeling still a bit shaky from the adrenaline, but very proud of myself, even though I'm sure I'm going to hurt tomorrow!!
x

Well done on the joining. Like Sparkle I joined 2 weeks ago and am already noticing the benefits. I'm doing classes and going to the gym. I've noticed that the classes feel slightly easier already and I can put a bit more effort into it and I definitely feel that my stomach is starting to tighten up. I am loving that feeling that my legs ache a bit in the morning after I have been to a session. I've met a few people as well so it's nice to have a few new people to say hello to. Good luck - hope you find some classes or a gym programme that you like x

Good luck, Gemma, I'm sure you'll be fine. If anything hurts, stop. Of course, it might be uncomfortable, but you only need push yourself as far as you feel you can. And I am sure the gym staff will be more than happy to help you; the staff at my gym are great. :)
xx

Thats great, ive recently started going to the gym again too & i feel so good afterwards! xx

I'm trying to muster up the motivation to go this morning before work. It's raining at the moment (big surprise, there!) and it's over a mile walk up to my gym...
Perhaps one more coffee...

Oh lord I need to start going back to gym :( I've no excuses really I just really really can't make myself go!!!

I used to go a lot but I got a bad chest infection the once decided to push on anyway (yes I am the village idiot) and there was a rather nasty coughing fit/ bladder control/ falling off the back of the treadmill incident............ It wasn't a good day!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Legomom said:
Oh lord I need to start going back to gym :( I've no excuses really I just really really can't make myself go!!!

I used to go a lot but I got a bad chest infection the once decided to push on anyway (yes I am the village idiot) and there was a rather nasty coughing fit/ bladder control/ falling off the back of the treadmill incident............ It wasn't a good day!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh my goodness, I'm not surprised you were put off. I was quite scared of running on the treadmill the first time I went on it in case I flew off the back. I've also had a coughing fit whilst on it from inhaling my water. Doh!!

I find some days I really don't feel like going but once I get going and push past that feeling I'm glad I've been:)

I quite often feel off balance on the treadmill which worries me. Last week my hubby fell off the treadmill. He dropped his locker key and said that one half of his brain said - pick it up - before the other half said - don't be stupid, this thing is moving!! I only wish I'd been there. He said luckily the gym was fairly empty and he doesn't think anyone saw him.

lilacwine said:
I quite often feel off balance on the treadmill which worries me. Last week my hubby fell off the treadmill. He dropped his locker key and said that one half of his brain said - pick it up - before the other half said - don't be stupid, this thing is moving!! I only wish I'd been there. He said luckily the gym was fairly empty and he doesn't think anyone saw him.

I nearly fell off the stairmaster once where I pressed the level button too quickly so it went to a higher level than I was expecting. Was quite scary!

I bet he was so glad noone saw!

Well my fall down didn't happen IN the gym but outside! Having decided it would be good to cycle today (I've done it previously but not when I'm a doing a full workout!), get there and do my workout and BOTH of my personal sadis...err trainers are in today so no excuses for cutting it short lol. Get back on the bike to come home only my leg got caught on the saddle knocking me off balance. So there I am doing a very bad impression of a prima ballerina until I land on the ground falling underneath the bike, much to the amusement of 4 guys drinking coffee outside. Not sure what got the bigger dent ~ my body or my pride. But I picked myself up dusted myself down, got back on the bloody thing and made it home! EVERYTHING hurts lol. I think I will leave it at home tomorrow!!!
Doesn't matter how stupid I look on any bit of kit now I'm never gonna top that! lol

Lol ... So funny... I drag myself there even when I feel half dead it's the only way I can not beat myself up about eating... It's weird when you have done an all liquid diet your brain goes into ' oh my god ' mode the minute you eat something... And I don't mean bad food.... I mean today and yesterday for instance I have been so good but I still have to think about everything I'm eating... And anything that contains carbs I freak about... Just got take out for the family .. And I resisted :) .. Made myself some stir fried fresh chunky veg with a little melted feta ... Was lovely and felt great to remain strong....if I did not go to the gym so often I think I would have a real problem with food... God do I love it... But I hate what feeling fat and bloated does to me as a person mentally... So to all you people who are trying at the gym well done... And regardless of your stamina or progress you should be so so proud of yourselves xxx

Back