Joining a group

I'm just seeing how I go, if I do ok the first few months on my own, I think I might join a group again to boost myself before going on holidays in august, which is why I'm doing this, I just want to lose 3 stone by the middle of august, I thiiiiink this might be doable! xx

Hi all,

Well I joined a group tonight and Im really glad I did. The consultant was lovely and everyone was really welcoming, the experience was much better than I remembered from last time so maybe this is the group for me.

I bought a 12 week countdown so I've got no excuse now!

Here I go!

Thanks all.

sunshine24 said:
Hi all,

Well I joined a group tonight and Im really glad I did. The consultant was lovely and everyone was really welcoming, the experience was much better than I remembered from last time so maybe this is the group for me.

I bought a 12 week countdown so I've got no excuse now!

Here I go!

Thanks all.

Good luck :) xx

Soooo after my first week i lost 4.5lbs last night and i stayed to group......and i really enjoyed it lol!

Think this is the way forward for me.

Thanks for your support and good luck to you all.

My group is very much past of my life. Like Holly'snan I am part of the social team so i get there early and leave late but it normally lasts about an hour.
I wouldn't miss it for ther world and genuinely do feel that I have done so well because I have stayed to class each week. Even if you have had a rubbish week, the support of everyone gives you incentive for the coming week. x Also, in the new magazine out now, there is SW's top target member - a lady that lost loads of weight ten years ago and one of her tips is staying to class.

How well put, and totally agree with all you say. In fact I could have written this stivesliz!

It's true though! Dont get me wrong - on many of my previous failed attempts at SW I would run ( or waddle) in, get weighed, saw I had put on and then leg it! Of course, once I was out the door my WI would be a dim and distant memory.
Staying to class gives you the support to get back on track even when you've been horrendous as most of the other stayers will have been there at some point too. x

I am in my 4th week and have lost 5.5lbs. Our class runs about 1.5hrs sometimes a little over but I do enjoy them even though I always say I am not going to stay as like you I am up @ 530am but I do get in @ 5 so not as bad but what I do find good about the meetings is finding out things from other people that you would not have thought about or passing on tips and getting thanks for it.

Also, I used to have 'fat night' after being in other classes and I would come home and eat so much rubbish but because I am not in now till aft 8 I manage a meal and maybe a wee treat as it is just too late to eat that much!!!

Good luck with your journey :)

Thanks everyone for your support. I think I will definitely stay to group as much as I can, I am actually looking forward to next week and you're totally right about not having a fat night! I come home, eat a light meal then head to bed then start fresh in the morning. I'm excited to see where this journey take me.
Good luck all x

Back