Joining a meeting

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Star123, 26 May 2010 Social URL.

1. Star123

Star123 Member

Start Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Diet:
    Rosemary Conley
    My mum wants me to join a ww meeting with her, but I don't know what to expect as I have never been to a slimming class before. I have printed off the voucher from the ww site for free registration, do you get any books when you first join and do you have to pay for them?
    I am really neervous about going as I don't want everyone knowing how heavy I am. Basically do those of you who go find it worth the money and time and has it been helpful?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. size102b

size102b Banned

Hi wwhen you go if you have free registration you have to pay the weekly fee unless you have a voucher for that too.
    You get all you need to start with the registration voucher covers that,if you want any extras that you dont need to do the plan you have to purchase. You fill in a form so your leader can see your okay health wise to do the plan,give in your registration voucher and pay the weekly fee if you have to,you get a card for you to keep for your weight record and a card for the leader to mark how you do each week,you keep your card the leader keeps the other to put in her class file.You get these at the paying table with ladies that are really nice that go to ww thenselves so will know you maybe nervous. you then line up to meet and be weighed by your leader try where the same clothes each week. The scales are set away from everyone else no one knows your weight except you the leader and maybe the staff/helpers. She wont say it out loud she will welcome you and then write down what you weigh and you decide together your 1st goal.You then can eirther stay to meeting which I would by sitting in the chairs with other members for the talk,1st meet you have a short talk with your leader at the end for starters.......Its nice to be with others and you'll be okay.
    I do it at home now my daughter does it with me and she has lost 22lbs in 12 weeks and has 1-1.5 stones left to a goal.

Good luck and well done xx

4. jacqui35

jacqui35 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.03%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers
    Exactly what size102b said

But i brought a monthly pass, and that was only 12.95 for first time including your first meeting and at our class if you buy the monthly pass you get the starter kit worth 19.99 for only 9.99 that has the calculator in 12 week plans eating out guide shopping guide measure tape and cool pen lolol, maybe see what options you have when you speak to your leader, after two week of paying for your monthly pass you will get charged again but at 17.95 per month but that give you access to the online tracker which i find useful indeed and obviously going to any meetings in the uk,

hth's and good luck you will be fine

5. Star123

Star123 Member

Start Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Diet:
    Rosemary Conley
    Thanks, I am hoping it wil help me lose more as I have only lost 2lbs in 2 weeks on weight watchers and before that I only lost 1lbs doing 2 week of slimming world.

6. Star123

Star123 Member

Start Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Diet:
    Rosemary Conley
    I went yesterday, and it was ok. the WW scales made me 10lbs heavier than my wii fit though, some of that might have been because it was in the evening and I usually weigh before breakfast.

7. Shabba

Shabba Loves the Nom Nom!!!

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(11.84%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers PP
    Its a starting point no matter what :) Its somwhere your journey begins :D

8. size102b

size102b Banned

Hi some wii fits arent right so as Shabba your journey starts here forget the number just be proud you went xx

9. Star123

Star123 Member

Start Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Diet:
    Rosemary Conley
    I can't believe I am saying this, but I am really looking forward to going again next week:)

10. Shabba

Shabba Loves the Nom Nom!!!

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(11.84%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers PP
    Good good!!!! :D It will give you a little bit of extra motivation!!

Dont forget, we all have bad weeks. Last week i put on weight and this week lost it all and a bit more, as i discussed with my leader, sometimes you just need to have a blip! :)

11. vanda

vanda plodding away

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.17%)
    Diet:
    faffing about
    Well done for starting classes - you wont be sorry. Just weigh in weekly at the class and try not to use the wii as its not as accurate.

Have a great week

12. Kaz2803

Kaz2803 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.68%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating and exercise
    well done for going to the class! :)

my wii fit isn't accurate either but I still use it, I just don't pay any attention to the weight!

Good luck this week :)

13. Star123

Star123 Member

Start Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Diet:
    Rosemary Conley
    I lost 2lbs, which was great especially as my stupid wii fit told me I had put on weight. Don't think I will use the wii fit for weighing myself again.

14. size102b

size102b Banned

Well done star,wii fits arent always the best weighing tool...... xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.