Joining a meeting

Star123

My mum wants me to join a ww meeting with her, but I don't know what to expect as I have never been to a slimming class before. I have printed off the voucher from the ww site for free registration, do you get any books when you first join and do you have to pay for them?
I am really neervous about going as I don't want everyone knowing how heavy I am. Basically do those of you who go find it worth the money and time and has it been helpful?

Hi wwhen you go if you have free registration you have to pay the weekly fee unless you have a voucher for that too.
You get all you need to start with the registration voucher covers that,if you want any extras that you dont need to do the plan you have to purchase. You fill in a form so your leader can see your okay health wise to do the plan,give in your registration voucher and pay the weekly fee if you have to,you get a card for you to keep for your weight record and a card for the leader to mark how you do each week,you keep your card the leader keeps the other to put in her class file.You get these at the paying table with ladies that are really nice that go to ww thenselves so will know you maybe nervous. you then line up to meet and be weighed by your leader try where the same clothes each week. The scales are set away from everyone else no one knows your weight except you the leader and maybe the staff/helpers. She wont say it out loud she will welcome you and then write down what you weigh and you decide together your 1st goal.You then can eirther stay to meeting which I would by sitting in the chairs with other members for the talk,1st meet you have a short talk with your leader at the end for starters.......Its nice to be with others and you'll be okay.
I do it at home now my daughter does it with me and she has lost 22lbs in 12 weeks and has 1-1.5 stones left to a goal.

Good luck and well done xx

Exactly what size102b said

But i brought a monthly pass, and that was only 12.95 for first time including your first meeting and at our class if you buy the monthly pass you get the starter kit worth 19.99 for only 9.99 that has the calculator in 12 week plans eating out guide shopping guide measure tape and cool pen lolol, maybe see what options you have when you speak to your leader, after two week of paying for your monthly pass you will get charged again but at 17.95 per month but that give you access to the online tracker which i find useful indeed and obviously going to any meetings in the uk,

hth's and good luck you will be fine

Its a starting point no matter what :) Its somwhere your journey begins :D

Hi some wii fits arent right so as Shabba your journey starts here forget the number just be proud you went xx

Good good!!!! :D It will give you a little bit of extra motivation!!

Dont forget, we all have bad weeks. Last week i put on weight and this week lost it all and a bit more, as i discussed with my leader, sometimes you just need to have a blip! :)

Well done for starting classes - you wont be sorry. Just weigh in weekly at the class and try not to use the wii as its not as accurate.

Have a great week

well done for going to the class! :)

my wii fit isn't accurate either but I still use it, I just don't pay any attention to the weight!

Good luck this week :)

Back