1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Joining Fee?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Mamma_caz, 9 January 2009 Social URL.

1. Mamma_caz

Mamma_caz Have a serene day!!

Hiya Folks,
    I am thinking of joining Weightwatchers, but I was wondering what the joining costs were?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Chika

Chika Well-Known Member

At the moment you can register at a meeting for free.

4. Mamma_caz

Thanks Chika, it is a pity that the same offer is not available online. I wanted to try the new Discovery but they want £29 as a joining fee then £9.95 on top then it is £9.95/month thereafter. That can be quite costly.

5. Shrinking girl

Shrinking girl Well-Known Member

The new Discovery plan is just the same old points plan, but with an emphasis on eating 'filling foods'. Filling foods are pretty much the foods which were free on Core, but you have to count points for them on Discovery. If that makes sense?

The idea is that you eat lots of filling foods and thus keep your hunger levels at a steady level through the day which lets you (theoretically) avoid cravings and binging.

I may be missing something, but that's what I've gleaned from reading the info online. Hope that helps!

6. Mamma_caz

Ta! I have joined up and we shall see if I can cope.:rolleyes:

7. Shrinking girl

Shrinking girl Well-Known Member

I spotted your diary post about a minute after I posted to this thread. Good luck!!