Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Joining Slimming World

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by cdw-x, 21 November 2011 Social URL.

1. cdw-x

cdw-x Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hey!!

i am going to join slimming world on thursday, as going on holiday next year. i have tried weight watchers and could not stick to it. Just looking for some info on slimming world really.. e.g how much weight have you lost in a week etc...??

thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. catmonkey

catmonkey Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2.5lb(17.25%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Welcome and good luck on your journey. The average weight loss is 1 or 2 pounds a week. It's definatly not a quick fix its a life long healthy eating plan. Look in the receipe section and try lots of different receipes. How much do you want to lose? Ate you going to class?

4. cdw-x

cdw-x Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i want to lose quite a bit.. i know its not going to happen overnight but i really need to do something and stick to it lol!.. i want to lose in total about 6-7 stone... and yeah, going to classes :)

5. catmonkey

catmonkey Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2.5lb(17.25%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I started in the middle of Feb and wanted to lose about 7 stone. 3 down 4 to go. I have been on a few long holidays in that time and was off plan for 4 weeks while I married. It's definatley the best "diet" I have ever done and the longest I have stuck to one. There is lord if support on here. Let us know how you get on on your first week.

6. cdw-x

cdw-x Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I will do, i have heard a few people at work talk about it. As i said i tried weight watchers and that want for me, felt lik i was starving myself counting points and all that...

7. bilsat

bilsat Really likes to cook

Start Weight:
    18st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11.5lb
    Lost(%):
    7st2lb(37.95%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimmers World
    Started in April this year and I have lost 5st+ so far, best week 5lbs.....worst week 0.5lb! Just follow the plan and it will work.
    Pete

8. 888sally888

888sally888 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st10lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(11.33%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love SW and I have tried every other diet under the sun!! The reason I love it is because to me it isnt a DIET! I eat well very day and feel so much better for it. Its a great plan and I will eat like this forever.

9. cdw-x

cdw-x Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    this sound promising, i get bored easily so if i have something easy to follow with lots of variety i should be able to stick to it..

thanks guys

10. MissSlinky2011

MissSlinky2011 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4.5lb(11.97%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love slimming world, i've tried weight watchers, lipotrim all sorts of things and although i lost weight it wasnt feasable to stick to and I put it all back on and more.

I've lost 2 stone 6lbs in slimming world, My journey is a little different. I joined at the end of august 2010 and had lost 2 stone 6lbs by february 14th 2011. However my dad passed away on february the 12th and It was a big shock and diet went out of the window. I continued going to get weighed in but didnt stay to group as I couldnt bare to stay and pretend to be happy. Over 6 months I put 2 stone back on :( however 10 weeks ago I made the decision to buck up my ideas and start doing it properly and I have lost that 2 stone I put on over 6 months in 10 weeks :D.

This week I got a hat trick in my group - I won Miss Slinky 2011, I also lost 3 and a half pounds and won slimmer of the week and I won the raffle! I came home so elated and happy and proud!

I never feel hungry on slimming world, you have so much choice and you arent restricted - if you want something have it just count it in your syns! I Love Love LOVE slimming world :D its changed my life!

p.s - I have 9 stone to lost in total - 6 stone 8 1/2 lbs to go!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.