Joining SW from Cambridge diet ... scared

Hi , I am currently on the cambridge diet ( a total food replacement diet ) and have lost 6 stone 4lb so far .. but now I have decided is the time to join you on SW plan and get the last 1.5 stone off and help me maintain for life :)

It is quite scarey to go from a very regimented strict diet , to SW with all the choices and uncertainty of how long it will take me to loose the rest of my weight ..

I get married in august and would like to have lost it by then , is that a realistic goal for SW or are the losses much slower than that ??

Can anyone give me any idea of the average losses if you stick to it ?? and please all wish me luck , i am sure I will be on here for advise , recipes and support quite a lot !!!!

Hope to get to knwo some fellow SW's too :)

Katie x

Welcome:D

Everyone is so different it's almost impossible to work out average weight losses tbh. Some may lose 1lb a week every week forever, others may lose 9 one week and 1/2 the next. It's down to bodies more than the diet really. SW does work though. There's no reason you can't lose the rest of your weight in that time or you may struggle. Don't let it put you off though, all diets work differently and may work better for some than others. As you're coming from a food replacement it may take your body a while to adjust to eating more normally but within a week or two it might be just what you need.:)

Sorry we can't give any definites but good luck!

Everyone more or less looses 1lb per week on average, however there are the exceptions to this, but your goal is more than realistic. Sw works wonders, however im sure your losses on the cambridge diet per week were fabulous.. i suppose you will have to remember that in return for what may be a slower weight loss, you will (as you have said) a lovley amount of choice, a healthier long term maintainable plan, and freedom! lol and i should hope enjoyable also.

I lost 4.5stone in 14 months, my pounds loss to weeks it took me to get there is exactly the same, my average is 1lb.

Congrats on your weight loss already! and getting married in august! how exciting!

you can do it xxxx

Great idea, sw will really help you to maintain that huge loss.

Congrats on doing so well, and on your upcoming wedding!

Do be aware that it may take a few weeks for your body to adapt to eating, so you may not get the results you want in the first couple of weeks, but I am sure your cambridge councellor can go thro that with you.

Enjoy sw xx

welcome on board - SW is a great eating plan for long term eating so you have chosen very well :)

I think for the first few weeks you may have very small losses, as your body will be eating food, and wondering where the shakes have gone! but stick with it, your metabolism will shift to SW in the end!

Best of luck for your goals, and the wedding! xxx

I did precisely this after losing five stone - the glycogen I lost (first 9lb) went back on me within a week so don't be too dieheartened if this happens. I think after CD (did you SS?) you should perhaps stick to the original plan as it is so low on carbs - carbs after CD do not go well! Transfer over on original and the transition will be MUCH smoother. I can tell you from experience that CD is bleedin' hard to keep the weight off, SW in my opinion is far more manageable and from a long term prospective far more successful in maintaining. Have you thought about Celebrity SLim? My sis did CD, lost six stone then went on to CS and lost 2 or 3lb a week without exception, I think it is a good inbetween diet as one meal is allowed.

thanks everyone , as i have been off plan for the last 4 days anyway my carb store are back fully loaded again , so I am starting from a normal point and know that I am heavier than when I was on plan ... I am really looking forward to getting started now I have made the decision , am going to a meeting on tuesday and will go shopping after it to get what I need to start :)

Wishing you loads of luck, I lost alot last year with SureSlim and it has been hard adapting to the smaller and slower losses of SW but I love the plan and the way of life that I lead now and easy it fits in with Family / functions and holidays.
Be prepared for possible gains for a couple of weeks while your body adapts but once it realises this is a new way of life the loss's will start again.
xx

Hi

I'm a newbie following CD too - but I have spent the past 4 months between CD 1200 a bit of WW, then back to CD 1000 again, and just not happy and financially 'right' with CD, so I am also a mover to SW too!

I also am getting married this year too! In September :)

I want to lose another 11lbs from where I am. I am totally new to SW so lots to learn but hoping to enjoy the experience, and food again.

xx

I came from cambridge as well i lost 3 stone 3lb in 3 mnths and put it on again i no longer can afford to stay at cambridge :wave_cry:

Hi , I am currently on the cambridge diet ( a total food replacement diet ) and have lost 6 stone 4lb so far .. but now I have decided is the time to join you on SW plan and get the last 1.5 stone off and help me maintain for life :)

It is quite scarey to go from a very regimented strict diet , to SW with all the choices and uncertainty of how long it will take me to loose the rest of my weight ..

I get married in august and would like to have lost it by then , is that a realistic goal for SW or are the losses much slower than that ??

Can anyone give me any idea of the average losses if you stick to it ?? and please all wish me luck , i am sure I will be on here for advise , recipes and support quite a lot !!!!

Hope to get to knwo some fellow SW's too :)

Katie x

Hiya Bud - I've switched today as well

Let's do this together

T
x

Yeah I am going straight from CD to SW - I know it works for me... but just need to stick to it...

My DS2 is having real problems with eating and we are waiting for an appointment to see a paeditrician , and I just can't help but think that it is somehow related to me constantly being on a diet - at least with SW, we can all eat the same foods and he will be none the wiser

Back