Joining SW this week

KellyS111

Hey

My name is Kelly. I am new to this site and new to Slimming world. I have used WW previously and I have been using My Fitness Pal to help me lose 33lb.

I would like to lose another 2 stone, sooner rather than later and have been recommend SW.

My first meeting is Thursday. Any ideas, hints or tips to get ready???

Thanks

X

Hi and welcome :)

Best advice is to stock up on lovely fresh fruit, veg, lean meat, fish etc and then go along to your first meeting. Your mind will be buzzing after the welcome talk, so go home and read your book over and over, buy the magazine for recipe ideas. Then stock up on the healthy extras and free foods which take your fancy.

Most of all, trust in the plans.

Good luck!

And remember that SW is VERY different to WW in that you can eat a lot more, so try and forget any other plans you have been doing.

Like JayLou says, trust in it - it does work!

Good Luck x

Totally agree with this, Some of the differences on what you can and cant eat between WW and SW are amazing. When you've been so used to WW its really hard believing that SW will work but if you stick to plan it really will. My advice would be to read and then re read your books that you get from the first meeting so you can get your head around it and the magazine is very inspirational.

Good Luck! The main thing for me has been learning to love fruit, and funnily enough, now I do see going into the fruit section of the supermarket and being able to pick whatever I want quite a treat!

It took me a couple of days to start after my first meeting, as I had to read the books then buy all the right food and plan some meals etc, but it really is very easy.

It sounds like you're pretty clued up anyway, having already lost 33lb, so I'm sure you'll find it pretty easy! x

Thanks to you all for your advice. I'm actually really looking forward to my first meeting tomorrow

Kelly

Good advice there from everyone. You will find once you get into it everything will fall into place. Try to plan your meals and shopping a week ahead and I am sure you will enjoy it. You will be truly suprised at how much you can eat and still lose weight beautifully.

Back