Joining the 'gang' - first day!! second day!

LipoLisa

No longer a redhead though!
Hello All, well I've done a bit of posting already building myself up.

Today is my first day of LT, its 8.20 had black coffee which I switched too from milky a couple of weeks back and I am setting off for work in a moment with a vanilla shake and a chicken soup in my back. Taking an empty 2litre milk carton with me to mix up the shake in at work.

Wish me luck. I can't log into here during working hours.

Well here I go....

Lisa :wave_cry::wave_cry::wave_cry:

Last edited:
Good luck today im sure you will be fine xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Lisa hope it goes welll for you today! Good luck avoiding that sandwich van, that was one of my biggest challenges too :p

Good luck you'll be great. Keep busy, keep that goal in mind!

When I had wobbles in my first week I just imagined myself at the festivals I'm going to this summer and thought how much better I'd feel about myself being slim and not bloated and overweight.

Welcome to the forum Lisa!

You'll do fabulously if you stick to plan 100%, drink plenty and get plenty of sleep.

Soon that weight will be melting off you, and you'll wish you'd found LT sooner.

This place is fantastic if you ever feel the need to moan, rant or just chat. We're all in the same boat, so understand what you're going through.

Good luck with your first week, and I look forward to you posting your first weigh in!

well good luck...first few days can be tough...just take it easy...extra time in bed, good books and movie or two...I got the shivers which I think is common enough but HONESTLY once you get past day 4/5 you will be okay and on track...I've just returned from weigh in 1 ...I lost 9lbs and can't describe how glad I am that stuck with it over first few tough days......so best of luck...keep coming on here for support it really helps.

How did you get on today? Hope you had a good day xxx

Hello everyone, thank you so very much for your words of support. I was driving home and itching to get online to share my day. But I also have some rather urgent-ish questions too!

I decided to keep to my usual routine as much as possible. I did avoid the sandwich van and drank a coffee and then a green tea (which wasn't as bad as I thought it would be!), I have never ever been a water drinker so was thinking this would be my biggest hurdle.

I went over to the canteen where I usually eat with work colleague, only way to get a proper break from desk, and I got a cup of hot water to sit with whilst they ate - I was amazed at how I wasn't bothered - more shocked that it cost me cash to buy the water! (okay only 10p so I exaggerate.

Once back in office this is when I had my first shake/soup. Had the chicken and it wasn't nearly as bad as I'd expected. I think one of the comments from here about looking at the shakes/soup as medicine helped massively. It was only then that I realised that it was 1pm. I've usually eaten something at 10am and then ravenous for lunch at 12....

I managed to drink a 1.5 litre of water whilst at my desk this afternoon and just now had my second meal - chocolate shake.

A couple of thoughts / questions cropped up though:-
1) Is it okay to have the shakes when you are hungry, or is it better to keep to a routine of breakfast/lunch/dinner?
2) Is it really important that the shakes get shaken up or whisked?
3) Does getting your water intake in earlier in the day help with sleeping (i.e. not having to get up to wee)?
4) If I can keep to 1 litre water out of the bottle, and add to that coffee & tea etc (plus shakes) is that okay, or do you all tend to note the coffees etc as extra intake only?

Thanks guys!

Am feeling positive about this as I am sure I am the type that will cope better at not having to think about the food issue at all during.

Off to update my signature now and my mini-goals!

Lisa

hey hun ive started today too had a strawberry shake an a choc shake, i blended them with ice and they went down rather well, havent struggle too badly with water as im not a water drinker either.. well done on coping with the canteen and sandwich van, luckily i havent had many hurdles as the kids have kept me busy but i did have to sitt and watch my hubby and mother in law eat a chippy but i wasnt even tempted! good luck hun ill be eagerly keeping an eye on how you get on!
nic x

Hi Lisa, welcome on board and you too Nicola:

I, amongst lots of others try to have their shakes at "mealtimes" ie breakfast lunch and dinnertime. I find that I get a bit "burpy" when one is due lol, but you must have at least 4 hours between them and ideally I think its no more than 6 hours between them if you can.

Shaking/Whisking and Blending - I think this is all down to personal preference. I prefer to blend mine at home but have to shake at work. Blending and whisking make it smoother and less liable to have lumps - specially the chicken one - I have not tried to shake that one lol.

Not sure about water intake earlier in the day - its best to sip constantly throughout the day to keep the hunger pangs at bay but again its all down to your own body and what it can take. After the first days of the increased water intake your body does start to even out and you will find that you will not be "going" quite as much.

I'm not a big tea/coffee drinker but tend to have them as extra to my water intake - again I think you find your own level after a few days :)

Well done so far - you sound like you are in the right place in your head to do this and before you know it you will be at goal. :D :D

End of day 1

I did do a much longer response but then the laptop froze! Most annoying.

Thanks for the info about leaving 4 hours between shakes, I missed that bit of info.

Am pleased with today... head is aching a little now so think i'll get to bed.

I'll keep an eye out for you nicolann (tried to add you as a buddie but couldn't work it out)

Lisa

p.s. curvyone, thanks for all the info it really helped

Well done, Lisa...that first day is done !
I aim to have my shakes at regular intervals and not wait for any hunger, as after a few days you may not feel hungry at all.
So, try to have them at regular meal times.
Come onto the forum as often as you can as the group support is amazing.

Did quite well so far today. Have had two shakes, 2lt of plain water, 1lt of green tea with mint, plus a couple of coffees.

However, whilst sitting at my desk in the open plan office my tummy gurgled! But gurgled REALLY REALLY loudly so that about five heads popped up above the screens! Oh the shame! Well at least it was a tummy sound eh!

welcome!

well at least u girls get to drink it 3 times a day, guys only get 2, *sniff*
how is the chicken soup thing by the way? i've heard mixed comments about it.

Back