Joining the gym

pizzle84

I will do this!!!
So im joining the gym tomorrow and obviously exercise helps in weight loss but have any of you found it really does help with weight loss/inches lost?

There is one thing you need to be aware of, if you're going to the gym 2-3 or more times a week you will build muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat, so you may hit a point where you stay the same weight.

When I lost weight before, I was going to the gym doing cardio (bike, treadmill, xtrainer and abs+core) 3 times a week and I was stuck at 16 1/2 stone for 6 months, but my body had changed shape.

So it's important for you to take measurements (neck, upper arm, chest, waist, hips, thigh and calf) too and if you can photos as well, so you can see the difference that might not show on the scales :)

If i stay the same weight but i go down in dress sizes i'll be happy. My goal is to get slimmer and toned.

There comes a point when you should start to take notice of what you see in the mirror and not what you see on the scales.

Stick to plenty of cardio and the weight will come off. Make sure you don't over do it though if your on TS.

Good luck

Thats great then, it's just focusing on the scales can cause people to become down about the diet when concentrating on the weight loss, when they are building muscle (more muscle, more calories burned at rest)

:D

I will keep an eye on the scales but its definately my body shape thats my top priority. Im pretty, well very new to gyms so by cardio do you mean bikes, running machines?? i want to concentrate on my bottom, thighs, tummy and arms so i was thinking of going on the cross trainer.

yeah the bike, treadmill, rowing machine, stepper and xtrainer (probably the best for toning) :D

Also power plates are quite popular, holding a squat on them and you feel it :)

I would be careful suddenly adding in new exercise while you're still in the first week of Exante, that doesn't sound like a sensible plan. I think you should get used to the low calories with your current lifestyle, and then increase the exercise gradually. Exante isn't a normal diet /health regime, and it's the low calories that are making teh difference for weight loss, not the exercise. The exercise will make what you have look better! Anyway, I would suggest being careful how much you change in one week

iv done lipotrim before so i know what to expect when doing exercise. I'll just take it easy.

I take several pics of myself and will carry on doing it, at 4 weekly intervals. I take pics of me front and sideways on, with clothes on and then with just underwear on. Thankfully i have a good timer on my camera so no one has to do that thankless task for me ;). But anyway, i'm hoping it will really help me especially later on when the scales won't be moving so much but my shape will be changing still. Anyway, i highly recommend you do this as it's great to have a record of how far you have come. I only have two sets of photos so far, start ones and week 4 ones, but already i like comparing them to see where the fat has melted (or not, lol) and am really excited to see my shape change - should help with motivation.

i think taking photos is a great idea, its proof there to see with your own eyes then! thanks

I've taken photos too and will do every 4 weeks, maybe I could post them as a gallery when i get to my end goal.

Then I could also help some of you shift some extra weight as I'm, erm, not wearing much LMAO :D

I've taken photos too and will do every 4 weeks, maybe I could post them as a gallery when i get to my end goal.

Then I could also help some of you shift some extra weight as I'm, erm, not wearing much LMAO :D

so so cheeky!

ive not taken any pics yet i must get hubby to do it as i have nooo idea how to use the flammin timer thing on it. im gunna start my fitness next week as im back to zumba on mon n also going to start 30 day shred with the lightest weights i can have lol :)

Yes please! :flirt2:

I'm blushing... :eek:

ILurvDeCake said:

May I suggest they are posted then sooner rather than later ;) lol! Ha ha! :)

I'm glad you said on instead of off :eek:

Back