Jonsgirl's Atkins daily blah blah

Hi all,

still full of cold and have hardly any voice - hubby is loving it lol.

did a few hours work this morning but found it difficult as a lot of my clients are elderly and therefore deaf so nobody could really hear me. In the end I switched my phone off and did some paperwork instead. The calls will just have to wait until Monday!

The house is still freezing - after I got dressed this morning I put my thick wooly dressing gown back on over my clothes and stayed like that all day - I'm so glad that no one could see me lol. Luckily the shower in hubby's bathroom is electric so I can still shower and wash my hair!

Going to pick the little one up in a bit - he's at football practice until 4.30 - then will do the food shopping and come home and snuggle up in front of the telly. (And to think i used to be such a party animal - when did i get so old and boring!!!)

Think I will get some beef from tesco's because I just fancy a nice big bowl of stew (and some crusty bread to dip in it - but I will resist!)

just want to get rid of this stinking cold and get back on track with my food because I feel all out of sorts at the moment and craving stodgy comfort foods and I WILL NOT undo all of my hard work!! - grrrrr!!

anyway I'm so glad the weekend is finally here! Hope it's a good one for you all xx

Wow you are so strong willed- I wish I had an ounce of your willpower. I would use feeling grotty as a reason to have stodgy carb!! But well done you, you have done so well!!! Hope you feel better soon x

Stay strong I know it is hard when you feel pants !!!!! Hope you start to feel better tomorrow and enjoy the weekend. And stay warm!!!!

Thanks,

The thing is I know I would feel a lot worse if I ate stodgy stuff. Even though i love them, I just have to accept that carbs don't suit me and stay well away.

i tell myself it's like an allergy just like a peanut allergy or any other kind of allergy. I'm allergic to carbs and if I eat them they'll make me ill ( which, considering some of the symptoms I do get when I eat carbs is not far from the truth) I fell off the wagon at Christmas and I felt sooo rough for weeks and put on several pounds - it's just not worth it

Well just weighed in and I have lost 1 1/2 pounds this week.

Fairly happy with that.

hope you're all having a good weekend x

Well done JG, all sounding good:)

Hi val,

i'm not too bad thanks,

starting to get ready for my IVF treatment now so been back and forth to the clinic for various tests, being poked and prodded and drained of blood (and money)

Also got the little one off school for half term so am here, there and everywhere trying to keep him entertained x

Hi JG, hope you've enjoyed half term and clinic visits going well! X

Hi all,

feels like ages since I posted on here but I have been lurking. Been so busy back and forth to the IVF clinic a few times a week for various tests - not easy to fit in when it's an hours drive each way!

anyway the good news is all of my tests came back fine - I am healthy and fertile and they can't see any issues with me so we start our treatment in April (might even be end of march depending on when my TOTM decideds to put in an appearance)

i am really excited because we've been waiting for this for 18 months now but I'm terrified too. I'll have to inject myself twice a day and I hate needles so that will be interesting to say the least!

Will catch up with diaries over the weekend. Hope you are all doing ok xx

Fantastic news :) xxx

Hi JG, great to hear all progressing and hope all goes well:) xx

Back