Jonsgirl's Atkins daily blah blah

I know vicky just with me going to the clinic on Wednesday I'm worried about being weighed and them saying I've not lost enough which is probably irrational but I can't help it.

You are bound to be worried. But they must see how fab you have done so far xxx and it's not as if you are stopping as you are continuing to lose aswell.

How are you today JonsGirl?

i am good thanks vicky - getting nervous about my appointment now.

nothing much to report here - just been working at home today.

got a phone call earlier to say that one of my colleagues has died suddenly - she had been terminally ill for a long time but we weren't expecting it to happen in the short term so it was a bit of a shock - she was fairly young too. I felt a bit out of sorts after that - hubby who is still home offered to take me out for coffee and cake to cheer me up. It was very tempting - normally I would have jumped at it but I resisted - I know it would have made me feel worse in the long run.

We agreed he will take me out for dinner as a treat on Wednesday night instead after the hospital as little one will be with his nanna and grandad. At least then I can get something a bit more legal but still enjoy myself.

foodwise today has been:

b: black decaf coffee.
l: chicken slices with mayo.
d: roast chicken with asparagus, mushrooms and peppers.

Sorry to hear your news x good luck for Wed and ebuoy your well deserved meal out. Any ideas where you will bw going x

Sorry about the news xxx good luck for wed and meal out sounds much more yummy:)

Thanks all,

we'll Probably go to nando's again because there is plenty of yummy stuff there that I can eat. Otherwise pub for a huge mixed grill - not very inspiring I know but at least I know I can stuff my face guilt free.

Ha ha that's what I would have. A big mixed grill :) will be thinking of you tomorrow xxxx

Hope it's gone ok chick xxx

Hi all

well today has been ok - I did have a sneaky weigh this morning just to see what was happening before going to the clinic and it looks like I've lost another pound already this week - I know it doesn't really count because it's not official weigh in day but it made me feel better and put me at ease.

just got back from the clinic - it was pretty straightforward just talking through what we can expect.

I have to go back next week for 9 blood tests!!! Then back again the week after for a scan, then back the week after for the results. They will then decide what drugs I need to be put on and we take it from there - it's a long process so we probably won't be starting the main part of the treatment until April but at least we are one step closer and that means I have more time to get more weight off.

As far as my weight goes - you may remember that the thing that kick started this whole weight loss was that the consultant was pretty brutal about my size and didnt really believe I'd be able to lose any weight when I told him I would. Well today when he saw me he said i can see you've obviously lost a lot of weight - you've done really well -when i told him i'd lost over two stone he said "wow! thats great" and seemed really pleased. I'm thrilled by that because I proved him wrong when he said I couldn't do it.

I asked the nurse to weigh me to check my progress and according to their records I have lost 2 stone 8 pounds since they last saw me and their scales say i now weigh 11 stone 4 - although my own scales at home have me a bit heavier than that I guess all scales weigh slightly differently and I'm certainly not going to complain! That puts my BMI at 31 so not long to go now before I'm only classed as overweight instead of obese - yay! It feels really odd to be pleased about being overweight but whe you've been obese for years being classed as overweight is a big deal.

had a lovely tea out with the hubby - handmade burger with bacon, cheese and salad - left most of the bun so I was pretty virtuous really. Now home and snuggled up watching telly!

night all x

Awww that's brilliant news :) well done xxxxxx you must be so proud of yourself x

Thanks all,

yes I'm really pleased and proud of myself.

Unfortunately today I have woken up with the cold from hell - which is really odd because I have a very good immune system and never normally get ill but I feel rough and really achy!

Added to that my boiler has broken this morning too so I'm freezing cold with no heating or hot water - plumber has been today but needs parts so we are stuck like this until Monday - grrrr!!

After all my hard work being good in the restaurant yesterday hubby has force fed me honey and lemon this morning as I had lost my voice and couldn't speak. I felt so rough I didn't argue but now i'm so angry with myself because it's definitely knocked me out of ketosis because I'm hungry for the first time in weeks and craving all sorts of rubbish.

hey - ho back on plan tomorrow

Aww hope you feel better soon it might also be the cold making you hungry x

Oh you poor love! I have got a real stinker today too, so rug up and don't worry about coming out of keto too much, you slip back into it very easily.

I also like chicken stock soup at times like this xxx

Back