Jo's Journey - 175lbs to happiness...

woooohoooooooo :clap::clap::happy036::happy036::bliss::bliss::scale:

Well done Jo. I am delighted for you xxx

ps I love all the pictures from Darcy's birthday party. That cake looked yummy xx

Thanks hun

4pm

AFTERNOON

Just checking in although I know I was here yesterday because it was weigh in I feel as though I haven't been on here for ages so guna put in an entry I may repeat myself a little but just going to get you up to date with the goings on in my world and then my meals. I have found it is much easier to send photos over my phone but it's easier to type (for me) on my keyboard so I will do the entry then I will send my meal photos in a separate message.

Ok so I had a bit of a blonde moment. I got my Silver Body Magic on a Thursday and I don't know why but I thought it would continue on from the Friday so I thought I'd got Friday to Thursday to do my weekly exercise went to put in my entry on Thursday (SW online) and it had moved on to a new week so I've been a bit OTT with body magic trying finish off week one but still maintain my week 2 so I'm not continuously trying to catch up. Anyway I just caught up today and I'm now on track again so hopefully that will be easier from now on as its been killing me lol. I did tell you when I started Gold I'd get confused.

I've been doing a lot more cross trainer as well because I don't know why but I have a huge knot in my shoulders and my shoulders and back are hurting soooo much atm. Although it could be stress related...

We all gathered at my father in laws for the funeral director coming and let me say this before I carry on his sister passed 1.5 years ago and they went OTT on everything but we were never consulted and they made all the decisions without us then last minute we were handed a bill and told that's what we owed...we were not happy because we don't have any money we just plod on there is no emergency fund...if we need something we have to save for it...we've had a broken fridge for the best part of a year but couldn't afford a new one and the new one is being delivered next week but what I'm trying to stress is we don't have money to hand to pay for unexpected bills. So anyway we told his older brother, his brothers girlfriend and his dad that we could not afford to contribute to the funeral and each of them said don't worry about it...got there Friday and guess what? We were handed an £80 bill...for flowers...just flowers...that's split between 5 so £400 on flowers that are not needed and that my mother in law wouldn't want. So this put me in a foul mood last night and I was taking it out on my hubby because I couldn't take it out on the people I wanted to but I talked it over with my Mum... I love my mum...and they can send the bailiffs round if they want the money. They cannot have what we haven't got and if this causes an argument between us all then quite frankly...GOOD...because I don't particularly like any of his family. I find them to be rude, two faced and in general arseholes. (This is mainly due to how I was treated when my hubby was still drinking and they saw me as the enemy...not going to go into it but they treated me like **** basically). I also have to go out and buy something for the funeral because I've got nothing to wear. I have a funeral outfit...because I'm not a dressy girl I have one nice shirt, one nice pair of trousers and one nice jacket which is for funerals but because I'm losing weight it doesn't fit...so that's more expense we can't afford and the family decided amongst themselves...again not including me and my hubby...that we were all going to wear dark blue and not black I'm sorry but they can ********...I'm not buying something I will never wear again because they've told me to. I will buy a cheap black outfit to put in my wardrobe for upcoming funerals but it will be cheap because I don't expect to be in it for long because of my SW journey. The funeral is just...absurd...even my hubby has said it and its his mum...and they were sat saying 'oh she was a simple person she'd like a simple service'...then we've got a blue coffin...with musical notes on it...a brass band playing at the service...they're releasing doves at the graveside...the only thing missing is they're not shooting her into the plot from a cannon...then it would be complete...it's so ridiculous. I apologise if I'm coming across as *****y but my father in law and the rest of them are making these plans and running up this bill hoping they're going to get this grant which they may not get and I can just see it happening that it's split between us all like the flowers have been and it was £4000+ so you're looking nearly a £1000 a piece...and we don't have it...I mean they may get the grant but until they get that letter through saying so it's a 50/50 chance...and the way mine and the hubbys luck has been going lately I don't see it going our way. An absolute joke. Went up Monday to make decisions left Monday after 2 hours got there Friday and everything we'd decided on Monday between they'd changed their minds...again not telling us. What a ****ing family...I wish I could just pack me and my family up and move to the other end of the country and be nowhere near them.

Also my brother in law has a kid with his now ex partner...and I like her and I'm friendly with her...not best buddies but of all of them I liked her the most. Anyway they broke up and he got with this absolute *****...she is horrible...the day we moved in here to our new house she came down and all the doors were open but she decided to sit outside...the brother in law came in to look around and pass judgement but he can talk for England and he was upstairs for ages with my hubby. Instead of walking through the door to the kitchen where I was stood which she could see through the door and window she decided to walk through the other door...(yes I'm posh I have 2 back doors lol)...barged in shouting her mouth off 'where is he?' I replied 'upstairs'...'well where the **** is upstairs?'...still polite to her 'it's in here walk straight ahead' barged past me and my friend...stormed up my stairs screamed effin and jeffin in front of my kid...screamed at my brother in law insulted both me and my friend as she did so...then barged past us out of my house...she has NEVER apologised...and she is just a total cow...and being in the same room as her just makes my blood boil...she thinks she's apart of the family they've been on and off for a year...she's gone back to her ex in this time...and I'm sorry but if my brother in laws ex was stupid enough to have him back my brother in law would be gone...there wouldn't be a trace of him left in her house or life...and the stupid cow doesn't even realise this...she is just convenient...he doesn't want to be alone and she's a cheap piece of meat. She's had her 2 kids taken off of her because she's a bad mother and involved in drugs yet no one understands why I didn't want her anywhere near my daughters party? Or why I don't want her anywhere near me?

Say what you want about me...but I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't do nor have I ever done drugs and my think its sad if you want...but my daughters my life...same with my hubby...so long as I have them in my life I don't need anything else...I would do whatever I can to keep them happy and protect them. So no I don't like or want to be around somebody like her and I'm not going to accept her into my life or my family...I want to punch square in the kisser...and I'm not a violent person. Stupid little girl thinks she's got her fairy tale ending...but you were easy at the right time and in the right place...he doesn't want you sweetheart.

Wow I guess I needed to vent...lol

Other than that lol...nothing much has gone off...I have been on plan 100% you know about the body magic and I've been to work this morning. Husband has abandoned decorating my bedroom to build his man cave...but daughter starts nursery a week on Tuesday so think I'll finish it off myself.

That's all folks lol food photos to follow...

Hello people sorry I've been quiet but hubbys had few days off work so we've been busy. Finally got my bedroom decorated when I've tidied up the mess I will take and share photos.

I am on plan still but for some reason this week I feel like I've eaten a lot of carbs and I just feel heavy I can't explain it so not looking forward to weigh in which is sad because I was really looking forward to being in new stone bracket and I wanted to do some carb free days but didn't know how it worked and no one ever answered me when I asked on IG. I haven't been strict with body magic but with the decorating I think I've covered it nps. Also bit worried as I've had my birth control out this week the implant and put back in and the woman said no matter how good you are there will be a gain...so don't know when that will kick in but it will be a blip and its something I don't have to worry about for another 3 years lol.

Home life...mother in law is now at the funeral directors being made up for chapel of rest so will be going there at the end of this week.

Darcy has had an accident. She has no fear and loves animals and went striding over to a dog to stroke it and it bit her. She has been warned numerous times but on the bright side of this it may stop her from going up to dogs in the future.

Also its count down to school next Tuesday she'll be at nursery. I love her to bits but I am so looking forward to having 3 hours a day to myself.

Anyway got to go as I can smell my dinner cooking.

Hey hun, do you mean what the difference is between EE/red/green? x

I know one is carb free but do you get extra hex a&b or extra syns and what's allowed on carb free days? It never got explained to me because I was put on ee

Last edited by a moderator:
1410329072559.jpg1410329141104.jpg1410329163119.jpg1410329180832.jpg1410329196802.jpg1410329216587.jpg1410329234682.jpg1410329253603.jpg1410329270039.jpg1410329290351.jpg1410329308064.jpg1410329330408.jpg1410329347290.jpg1410329360129.jpg1410329376901.jpg1410329389848.jpg1410329402086.jpg1410329421523.jpg1410329439985.jpg1410329452251.jpg1410329466780.jpg1410329478192.jpg1410329495011.jpg1410329506091.jpg1410329514999.jpg1410329524549.jpg1410329535209.jpg1410329196802.jpg

Sorry I sent this massive photo message but for some reason I always forget to post my food pix on here...this is about a weeks worth lol. I will try from this point on to do them daily.

Attachments

• 1410329545680.jpg
    1410329545680.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
My understanding is that on a red or green day you get two HEB's and two HEA's, but these differ slightly on each day. On a green day it's basically EE but with no meat... if you have meat you can have it as a HE (would need to look up how much for each), and on a red day it's EE but with no carbs, and again you can use carb as a HE (again would need to research)

In short, red for me is meat and veg with 2 HEB and 2 HEA, and green is veg and carbs with 2 HEB and 2 HEA - I'm not expert but I THINK that is the jist of it! Though some things aren't free, like sweetcorn is not free on a red day, as it's too starchy, so you'd have to google alot first x

Thanks hun sorry about the delay didn't fancy typing on my phone and only just got onto the computer. I think I'm just going to take the hit this week because I'm not going to change much in 2 days plus not having potatoes today anyway which is my major issue. If I have a gain on Friday I will try a red week or few days next week. It may be all in my head I just feel big and bloated this week.

omg !!! seriously drooling here at all those food pictures!!

Ps I love your Thursday almost there cup! :)

Haha before re-doing SW over a month ago I didn't even know how to defrost chicken :p honestly x

Then practice makes perfect...I'll kidnap you later lol

omg !!! seriously drooling here at all those food pictures!!

Ps I love your Thursday almost there cup! :)

Thanks hun and I have all the days of the week...my nan bought them me...I love mugs...my daughter just broke my Starbucks mug so need a new one lol.

oh cool! I'd love to see the rest of them. Do your know where she got them by any chance?

I'll take a photo later and B&M but we're going back at bit now.

1410422451225.jpg1410422465004.jpg1410422476745.jpg1410422487596.jpg

9am

MORNING

So it's weigh in tomorrow. How am I feeling? I almost feel obliged to be pessimistic as it seems to be working for me lol but in all honesty this week I have no idea what to expect. I have been on plan, bit heavy on syns but still within my allowance, haven't drunk as much as I usually do. Had hubby off for 4 days this week and it throws me when he's off...I have my own little routine and when he's here it goes to hell. I feel I've had a very carb based diet this week but looking over my food diary it isn't any different to usual I guess. I would love 3.5lbs but I will be satisfied with any loss the 2.5st award and next stone bracket will come in its own time...like I say unsure this week. I'm usually leaning towards gain or loss but it honestly could be either...as I've had the proper munchies on this week but still been on plan. Strange feeling this week lol.

I have finished week 2 of gold body magic. Starting week 3 today.

Today we're going to father in laws to meet with the vicar so will report back on that. NewMe14 I haven't forgot about the cup pic I got them all on side yesterday turned around and daughter was filling them all up with new water dispenser on new fridge...oh btw I have a new fridge...can't remember if I mentioned...its so cool...darcy was becoming a pain in the...helping herself tk everything she cud leaving door open, pouring milk on the floor...in the dogs dinner...she can't reach anything kn the new fridge so YAY.

Still countdown to school she starts next Tuesday. I can't wait lol. Got to go get her hair cut and get her some new hair bobbles but other than that we're ready to go. Although went to get her paperwork out yesterday to double check some things and realised I hadn't ordered her school milk so she starts next Tuesday and her milk isn't starting till Monday after but just going to buy her some cartons from supermarket and take them in then she won't miss out. Bad mummy...I totally forgot.

Will be back later.

9am

MORNING

So it's weigh in tomorrow. How am I feeling? I almost feel obliged to be pessimistic as it seems to be working for me lol but in all honesty this week I have no idea what to expect. I have been on plan, bit heavy on syns but still within my allowance, haven't drunk as much as I usually do. Had hubby off for 4 days this week and it throws me when he's off...I have my own little routine and when he's here it goes to hell. I feel I've had a very carb based diet this week but looking over my food diary it isn't any different to usual I guess. I would love 3.5lbs but I will be satisfied with any loss the 2.5st award and next stone bracket will come in its own time...like I say unsure this week. I'm usually leaning towards gain or loss but it honestly could be either...as I've had the proper munchies on this week but still been on plan. Strange feeling this week lol.

I'm the same when out of routine. I find it really hard to stay on plan and stay on track. Fingers crossed for weigh in tomorrow hun, I was down 2 this week but I had to go to a different group so I'm not sure if scales the same but I will know next week I guess!

I have finished week 2 of gold body magic. Starting week 3 today. Well done hun, that is a great achievement :)

Today we're going to father in laws to meet with the vicar so will report back on that. NewMe14 I haven't forgot about the cup pic I got them all on side yesterday turned around and daughter was filling them all up with new water dispenser on new fridge...oh btw I have a new fridge...can't remember if I mentioned...its so cool...darcy was becoming a pain in the...helping herself tk everything she cud leaving door open, pouring milk on the floor...in the dogs dinner...she can't reach anything kn the new fridge so YAY.

At least she can't reach the new fridge! My kids were stuck in everything when that age too!

Still countdown to school she starts next Tuesday. I can't wait lol. Got to go get her hair cut and get her some new hair bobbles but other than that we're ready to go. Although went to get her paperwork out yesterday to double check some things and realised I hadn't ordered her school milk so she starts next Tuesday and her milk isn't starting till Monday after but just going to buy her some cartons from supermarket and take them in then she won't miss out. Bad mummy...I totally forgot.

Is she looking forward to starting nursery? I bet you will miss her hun

Will be back later.

hope the meeting with the vicar goes well today :) Hope you are having a lovely day too :)

I'm the same when out of routine. I find it really hard to stay on plan and stay on track. Fingers crossed for weigh in tomorrow hun, I was down 2 this week but I had to go to a different group so I'm not sure if scales the same but I will know next week I guess!

Congratulations on your loss and frustrating when that happens I don't like scales that's why I stick to one set. I went to have my birth control changed and she weighed me thankfully in kgs so I haven't worked it out but its killing me...I want to work it out to see how much difference there is between our two scales but I know I will start freaking out if its heavier which it will be as I had the appointment at 7:30pm. Hopefully the scales you weighed on are 7lbs heavier and you'll have a nice surprise next week lol.

I have eaten to plan just not what I would normally eat. For example hubby wanted a pizza the other day and he decided to put in a quiche and some mini pizzas that were left over from Darcy birthday party. There was no room in the oven for me to put something in and by the time his had cooked I couldn't be bothered so I had a mini pizza and quiche and syned it but had he not been here it would have never have been an issue. I also find it hard work to get body magic done when he's around we always seem to be busy and it doesn't get done.

At least she can't reach the new fridge! My kids were stuck in everything when that age too!

I'm so happy about this she costs us a small fortune each week by raiding the fridge because we buy her yogurts and cheese strings etc and she can eat them in one sitting...and before when she was helping herself 12 yogurts that should have lasted her the week were gone in 2 days. And she can sit and eat a whole pile of cold meat. So we were constantly restocking the fridge and now she can't reach anything. So I get all my fruit to myself (I do share) and all my cheese (reduced fat) to myself I buy her and hubby their own cheese but NOOOO mummy's is better. So yeah love the new fridge lol. Also got hubby to put baby gate on the kitchen because last week I nearly broke my neck falling over her and the puppy while I was cooking so she can't get in at all now.

Is she looking forward to starting nursery? I bet you will miss her hun

I would like to say I feel guilty about this but I don't...I am soooo not going to miss her and looking forward to next September when she's full time. She hasn't been to any private nurseries so since the day she was born, that's 1118 days lol...it's just been me and her and the only break I get is going to work at a weekend...so I am looking forward to her going and I'm going to enjoy my 3 hours alone each week day. I'm going to be able to clean the house without tornado Darcy undoing it behind me. I'm going to be able to take the dog for a walk without screaming at Darcy to keep up. I'm going to be able to go shopping without her paddying and playing with all the food in the trolley...watch my TV programmes without her interrupting me for juice, or cartoons on, or put YouTube on...little things...but I am going to enjoy every second. We're at the point now where we're ready to be apart...she's gone from the 'terrible 2's' to the 'try not to kill her 3's'...and she needs stimulation that I can't give her and company other than me...and I need to get back to being Jo and not Mum even if it is only for 3 hours a day. I love her to the moon and back and I would give my own life to spare hers but regardless whether she's your child or not...you need a break from it and from each other.

hope the meeting with the vicar goes well today :) Hope you are having a lovely day too :)

Me too, no doubt I will come home fuming again because of his family...but the funeral is Wednesday at 11:30am. I swear I'm a witch...I said to my hubby your mums funeral is going to be Wednesday at 11:30am he said why do you say that and I replied because you're supposed to be on the first aid course (which he's had to cancel) and because it will be Darcys second day at nursery (he can't go with on her first day and was going to take her and pick her up on her 2nd) and I was right. The annoying thing is the woman said the earliest I can do is Wednesday but I do have a slot for Friday...this way my hubby wouldn't have had to miss his course, wouldn't have to go bk to work the day after his mothers funeral and he'd have been able to pick Darcy up from nursery...but nooooooo...they wouldn't listen to us and made the decision amongst themselves...I can appreciate them wanting to get it over with its been 3 weeks but for the sake of 2 days so that it wouldn't cause my hubby to miss his first aid and so my hubby could do the Dad thing and fetch his child from nursery...2 days wouldn't have hurt them.

What a frustrating family they are...

Well I sensed it wasn't going to be a big loss and I was right...1lb loss this week.

Kind of in same situation as Evolet I know I've been on plan 100% so disappointed it wasn't more but I will hold my hands up that while my hubby was home I didn't drink as much as usual so apparently thats had an impact. I knew something didn't feel right just can't verbalise the feeling but wasn't expecting a big loss this week.

Well next week I want 2.5lbs to get my 2.5st award and get into next stone bracket. I can't see any reason why I won't be back to my regular routine...its my mother in laws funeral on Wednesday but if I eat before the funeral I should be able to avoid the buffet.

Onwards and downwards.

Good luck to those who still have to weigh in.

Back