Jo's Journey - 175lbs to happiness...

Hi Jo, here to sub to your diary. I'm so sorry to hear about your mum in law. Big hugs to you and your family. Well done for getting back on plan despite the circumstances x

6:30am

As suspected...a gain! +3.5lbs

I knew it was coming and I'd prepared myself for it. The comfort I can take with this gain is it wasn't self sabotage, I didn't cheat, I didn't go off plan deliberately it was just circumstantial due to my mother in law being admitted to hospital on Friday last week and passing away on bank holiday Monday. Not happy it's a huge gain but I did say yesterday as I'd had two big losses I was expecting it. So my goal for next week is either 3.5lbs to get back to where I was last week or ideally 4.5lbs to get to club 10.

Hi Jo, here to sub to your diary. I'm so sorry to hear about your mum in law. Big hugs to you and your family. Well done for getting back on plan despite the circumstances x

Hi and Welcome. Thanks it's a difficult time but we just have to take it one day at a time.

1409295140436.jpg
Makes me sad.

1409295156403.jpg
This is the first time since starting my jars that I've had to take out the 'lost' jar put it back into the 'to lose' jar. Sad :(

1409295172947.jpg
I love this little human. I have just caught her in the bathroom putting hand wash on her eyebrows I asked her what she was doing. She replied 'darcy eyebrows pluck'. Shes copying me putting my balm on after doing my own brows lol. Trust her to make me smile when I'm feeling blue. Love you Doodlebug xx

View attachment 151644
Makes me sad.

View attachment 151645
This is the first time since starting my jars that I've had to take out the 'lost' jar put it back into the 'to lose' jar. Sad :(

View attachment 151646
I love this little human. I have just caught her in the bathroom putting hand wash on her eyebrows I asked her what she was doing. She replied 'darcy eyebrows pluck'. Shes copying me putting my balm on after doing my own brows lol. Trust her to make me smile when I'm feeling blue. Love you Doodlebug xx

Awww bless her, she's so cute!

1409300248765.jpg1409300268096.jpg

Excuse the hair not motivated to move yet lol but this is this months pictures. Still don't see a difference but will get the others up to compare shortly.

10am

I feel a bit like the energiser bunny this morning with my constant posts why can't I do it in one like a normal person?

Anyway I woke up, got weighed :mad:, went on cross trainer (10 mins), did bingo wing exercises (5 mins), attempted the tummycises but didn't like them (15 mins). I have decided to find out my Davina DVD because I could do it 2st ago so surely I will be able to do it now but I'm just going to focus on the CORE section for my abs as the cross trainer and bingo wing exercises seem to be working on all the other areas just can't seem to shift the inches on my gut.

I had bacon, quorn sausage, beans and brown sauce for breakfast why? Because I'm worth it...also it's shopping day and I have no milk, no fruit...no nothing lol until tea time. It was still SW friendly and only cost 1 syn for the sauce.

Hi Jo

I'm here to subscribe as I've started SW again today.

I'm so sorry to hear about the awful time you've had over the past couple of weeks, well done for being so strong through it all.

Your daughter is beautiful and her birthday party sounded wonderful. My daughter turns 3 in October so I'm just trying to decide what we're going to do to celebrate! We're going to Peppa Pig World and Butlins in the week leading up to but I'm not sure if we'll have a little tea party too.

Hope you're having a good day x

You ARE worth it :) well done for sticking to plan, you can pull it back again! x

Damn right I am LoL, You're worth it too lol. And thanks for confidence hun, I will pull it bk...Ideally 4.5 to get to Club 10 but will settle for losing my gain. If neither of those then ANY loss will do lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jo

I'm here to subscribe as I've started SW again today.

I'm so sorry to hear about the awful time you've had over the past couple of weeks, well done for being so strong through it all.

Your daughter is beautiful and her birthday party sounded wonderful. My daughter turns 3 in October so I'm just trying to decide what we're going to do to celebrate! We're going to Peppa Pig World and Butlins in the week leading up to but I'm not sure if we'll have a little tea party too.

Hope you're having a good day x

Welcome back and good luck.

Thank you it is difficult but we're kind of in a limbo atm as my mother in law still hasn't been released to the funeral directors so we can't get on with things and I think when we can that's when it's going to hit home for everybody. I think my daughter tugged a few heart strings yesterday as we went to my father in laws for the first with Darcy time since she'd passed and Darcy asked if Nanny was in bed. I'd had the convo with her when she died and said Nanny was really poorly and had to go to sleep with the stars and she keeps pointing up at the sky and saying Nanny and at night time we blow kisses to the stars and she released all her birthday balloons so Nanny could have them but she was convinced yesterday that she was in bed so I had to quickly and quietly jog her memory and remind her Nanny was with the stars as not to upset the rest of the room after that she calmed down and sat in her Nanny's chair.

Thanks she's cute when she wants to be as I'm sure you're aware having an almost 3 year old at home. We seem to be in the terrible 2s still but on steroids lol she is pure evil 99% of the time lol Still love her lol...the party was fab bit OTT as I lost 12 kids dues to my mother in law taking ill so was a lot for just 5 kids lol but should be different next year because of her starting school. Darcy wants to go to Peppa Pig world and we thought about it for our holiday next year but I think we've decided to skip holiday next year as we want to go abroad (which my hubby and daughter have never done) when I'm a bit skinnier and none of us have passports so it's going to be expensive lol. She would love Peppa Pig world lol...I would hate it...I don't like that rude little pig lol. I think a nice tea party sounds nice...I should have done that she's obsessed with picnics I could have just gone to local national trust park and done a picnic...too little too late lol.

Welcome back and good luck.

Thank you it is difficult but we're kind of in a limbo atm as my mother in law still hasn't been released to the funeral directors so we can't get on with things and I think when we can that's when it's going to hit home for everybody. I think my daughter tugged a few heart strings yesterday as we went to my father in laws for the first with Darcy time since she'd passed and Darcy asked if Nanny was in bed. I'd had the convo with her when she died and said Nanny was really poorly and had to go to sleep with the stars and she keeps pointing up at the sky and saying Nanny and at night time we blow kisses to the stars and she released all her birthday balloons so Nanny could have them but she was convinced yesterday that she was in bed so I had to quickly and quietly jog her memory and remind her Nanny was with the stars as not to upset the rest of the room after that she calmed down and sat in her Nanny's chair.

Thanks she's cute when she wants to be as I'm sure you're aware having an almost 3 year old at home. We seem to be in the terrible 2s still but on steroids lol she is pure evil 99% of the time lol Still love her lol...the party was fab bit OTT as I lost 12 kids dues to my mother in law taking ill so was a lot for just 5 kids lol but should be different next year because of her starting school. Darcy wants to go to Peppa Pig world and we thought about it for our holiday next year but I think we've decided to skip holiday next year as we want to go abroad (which my hubby and daughter have never done) when I'm a bit skinnier and none of us have passports so it's going to be expensive lol. She would love Peppa Pig world lol...I would hate it...I don't like that rude little pig lol. I think a nice tea party sounds nice...I should have done that she's obsessed with picnics I could have just gone to local national trust park and done a picnic...too little too late lol.

How sweet of Darcy, I nearly cried reading that. I think we take it for granted how clever, adaptable and resilient children really are.

We have only been having holidays in the UK for years, I think caravan holidays are ideal for toddlers. We fancy going on a Eurocamp holiday to France next year but same as you will need to get passports too! It's such an added expense isn't it.
I'm sure you'll slim down wonderfully for a lovely holiday, where are you thinking of going?

How sweet of Darcy, I nearly cried reading that. I think we take it for granted how clever, adaptable and resilient children really are.

We have only been having holidays in the UK for years, I think caravan holidays are ideal for toddlers. We fancy going on a Eurocamp holiday to France next year but same as you will need to get passports too! It's such an added expense isn't it.
I'm sure you'll slim down wonderfully for a lovely holiday, where are you thinking of going?

Darcy - It will take a few more visits to get it through to her but it's just a sore subject atm with it being so fresh. I'll keep having the convo with her and we used to refer to their house as Nannys house we now refer to it as Grumpys house so eventually it will just click and she'll only know it as Grumpys house. Will just take time.

I love UK holidays my UK ones have all been better than abroad obviously you can't guarantee the weather but sacrifice that for the sake of convenience and cost. We went away this June and where we stayed cost us £10 a night you can't go wrong for that. And like you say they're great for toddlers plus this June she was horrible on holiday we had to go bk to the room every night before 7 because she was just unruly and then she was screaming through the night and we actually packed our bags at 3am one day because we just couldn't take anymore. I don't know whether it was down to too much sweet stuff (Aunties fault not mine), just too much excitement in general. I have no idea but I don't want to spend all that money to go on holiday abroad for her to ruin it and for us to have to be in the room by 7 each night its pointless going. We have a few places we want to go in UK I want to go to Ireland my hubby wants to go to Scotland. Abroad we would love to do euro Disney but not until she's old enough to have the memories because again its expensive lol and other than that we haven't really discussed it I love Greece, I love Benidorm, Tenerife and Ibiza. I think Benidorm would best suit my family as it might be a bit of a culture shock for the hubby whereas Benidorm is mainly brits lol and it's full of things for toddlers...nothing extravagant.

1pm

My mum says Darcy gets her evil from her Dad...and tbh his Mum always said the same thing.

I have nothing in the house as its our shopping day and we have less than a cup full of milk. She asked for milkshake earlier I said no we can't because we don't have enough milk when Granny finishes work we'll ask for some of her milk and make you a milkshake. Time has passed and guess what she's done? She fetched the milk out the fridge and tipped the lot in the dogs dinner. SERIOUSLY?!?! I don't know what's wrong with her. I have never known a child like her and I'm a qualified teaching assistant so I've met my fair share of bad kids. I think she needs to go see someone I am not a believer in ADD ADHD I always said it was just parents who couldn't handle their kids but I now believe its real because if not she is possessed by the devil himself. She's disciplined she gets time outs, we take her toys from her, her cartoons are stopped...we praise good behaviour we're doing all we possibly can and she is still acting out. I am praying when she starts school in 17 days she'll change somehow either learn from others, too tired to be a pain in the arse I don't know but if she doesn't I seriously am considering taking her to see someone because she shouldn't be acting out like this. I didn't shout at her about the milk I calmly and logically explained it so why she felt the need to do that I have no idea.

I was a family support officer up until two months ago (stupid government cuts!) but it could also be because there's a lot of changes going on in your environment at the moment. It's a difficult time for you and your partner, and children can also find these times difficult so the behaviour could be a result or she could be displaying this behaviour as a way of coping with her own grief at losing a loved one x

Thanks hun but this wasn't a one off thing she's been really bad for past 6 months or so. I thought it was terrible twos but these are far beyond terrible twos. Shes defiant, rude, naughty, cruel...its like she's angry for some reason and trust me she has no reason to be angry. I don't know if its the food she eats, that shes spoilt or she does have some sort of disorder. My nephew was diagnosed with ADHD but he was never like this. I can't take her anywhere I can't walk her to town without her kicking off and either running away, being rude, not listening or all the above. Guaranteed everytime we go out either myself or hubby has to go bk to the car while the other finishes shopping or we all go home. We've attempted twice since her birthday to go spend her birthday money and both times she has been so horrendously bad we've come back home we haven't even made it to the toy shop. Its getting me down because I put up with it all day and then hubby comes home and just makes a bad situation worse because hes tired he screams and shouts which just eggs her on. Fed up of it can't wait for school hoping she'll be so tired she'll come home and go to sleep and I'll get a break from it.

Maybe pop down to your local children's centre and see if they can offer you some support? x

Might be worth a try tbh hoping the school refers her to see someone.

How are you?? Just wanted to say make the pizza when your fakeaways book arrives.. it was a big hit in our house tonight! There's a pic in my food diary but it felt like I was eating take away pizza! x

Hi Laura,

I'm fine been a busy weekend will do my entry in a minute when I've replied to everyone then you can see what I've been up to and why I've been AWOL. Will defo try the pizza I did try a SW pizza off the website but I don't know if its the same as the one in the book...we'll see I have made the burger in a bowl and doner kebab so far...so yummy.

Hope you're ok Jo? x

As good as can be expected in this limbo. Hopefully things will start moving this week and it won't feel so...*can't seem to find the right word*...numb?

Back