Jo's Journey - 175lbs to happiness...

Enjoy Tapas! very jealous ;) x

Tapas!!! Yum yum yum!

1407270047392.jpg

Your tappas looks delish!

i would love one of your little furr babies, but Bf said no more! Bah

Oh yes, meant to comment about the cross trainer, i am waiting for it to get easier for me! Off to the gym 2mo for my 3rd session

Your tappas looks delish!

i would love one of your little furr babies, but Bf said no more! Bah

The tapas was amazing lol and the kittens I really can't keep them but if no one has them I won't see them go homeless...I'm falling in love with them...someone needs to take them before I can't say goodbye.

10:30am

MORNING!! Out of bed at 6:45am...Thank you Darcy...got on cross trainer did my 15 minutes while watching my guilty pleasure Devious Maids :( it's finished now BUT don't panic because Honey Boo Boo started back this week so I'm ok for a few weeks yes I am a saddo but I love them lol...came downstairs fed the dog and the kittens...had snuggles with the kittens...they're getting cuter everyday...then I made breakfast for me and Doods...we had porridge with jam in, yogurt and melon, grapes and a clementine.

20140806_085205.jpg

Then after putting the washing on and folding the drying I decided to look up bingo wing exercises to see if I can avoid the curse of losing weight...saggy skin.

Anyway I just wanted to share this proud mummy moment...I had decided to do weight work on my arms to tone them a little or at least shift some of the girth for one reason or another I just got round to it this morning. Anyway, away I was with the fairies doing my exercises (which hurt btw so must be working as I only have 2.5 weights lol) and one exercise was me laying on the floor with the weights by my ears and lifting them up above me as I was bringing them down they were banging on the floor so my daughter got up and came to watch what I was doing and as soon as I put the weights down did she pick them up lay down and start copying me lol so picture the scene a 2 year old laying on the floor holding a weight wiggling it about counting 1-3-1-3-1 (we're still working on our numbers lol) I do have video and I wish I could share but my daughter has a habit of taking her trousers off completely when she goes to the toilet so she's bottomless in the videos otherwise I would soooo share them if she does it again in the future with clothes on I will catch a video I promise...So cute and so proud lol.

Workout I'm following if anyone's interested: Bingo wings exercises | womensfitness.co.uk

I'm now finishing up on here and I'm then going to do some more kitten cuddling before I start on house work. I'm hoping my daughter has a nap as well so I can start sorting her birthday stuff out i.e. pass the parcel, party bags, wrapping her presents etc...I know it's only the 6th but before we know it, it will be the 22nd and I'll be doing it all last minute.

3:30pm

:( - Not a happy bunny.

We just had really heavy rain (wouldn't believe it now there's glorious sunshine) but was stood in kitchen tidying up and heard the dreaded drip drip drip drip turned around and my boilers dripping. Took both the panels off yes I'm very handy...I can unscrew a screw lol and its all wet on the inside...no idea where it came from...no idea what to do...hubby just keeps saying wait till I get home...'oh yeah forgot you were a qualified plumber...duh!' (he isn't btw lol). I hate this house. I was happy in my old house, I had a nice house, nice garden, nice neighbours...my hubby wanted this house not me...he talked me into it and we moved in, in May and I have never been happy here. Everything about it depresses me, the décor is old like the last owner, the workmanship is **** like the workman lol, usually when I move somewhere new I'm out straight away buying new curtains, carpets etc but not for this house...I just don't feel at home here and this boiler thing has just tipped me over the edge. I have actually been online looking for a new home and arranging with my mum that I can stay at hers while we get the 'new house' ready. I hate it here.

Oh yeah had dinner as well. Gammon and salad.

20140806_124841.jpg

Last edited:
Hiya,

Just wanted to do an additional entry today don't worry nothings wrong and I'm not after your money lol just thought I'd share this as there was interest in my weight loss chalk board and I thought this might be appealing to someone out there.

I don't know if you've heard of her but there is a girl named Ashley Chisholm she started SW @ 23st 7lbs and is currently weighing in at 14st 5lbs. Now I love Ashley simply for the fact there are so many similarities between us. Her story, her experiences and her challenges so it's nice to see a girl who is in the progress of losing 175lbs just like me because it shows me that it can be done and she is living proof of it.

Anyway to cut a long story short during one her vlogs she mentioned she had a pound jar. So £1 for a pound loss and I was doing this but I did it in a metal money tin and I lost count lol gave it to my daughter for holidays but hers was a bit different instead of a £1 for a pound. She got two jars and in one she put marbles/stones in to represent the amount of pounds she had to lose and in the other she put the pounds she had lost and I just thought this was so clever because you can see the jars going up and down and see how far you're coming along so I decided I was going to do this now I got a bit excited because my marbles turned up today so they are currently in my kitchen canisters so not very eye catching but you get the gist and I'll look in town tomorrow for some nice jars/vases to accommodate the marbles and girly them up a bit lol but here they are...for now lol

jars.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the marbles idea! I think I'll do it.. :)

Hello :)
sorry to hear you are not happy in your house, i love my little house and never want to move. Where we lived before we had a right bumhole living next door, we had there 1 week and BF mowed the lawn. Next thing you know, next door is calling him a lazy c-unit for not doing his? What the F? He was mental. He has just going along with BFs cycling team, but BF reckons he doesnt recognise him. What a fruit loop, there was another time he nearly knocked the door down and shouted at BF for making too much noise hoovering the stairs!

Hello :)
sorry to hear you are not happy in your house, i love my little house and never want to move. Where we lived before we had a right bumhole living next door, we had there 1 week and BF mowed the lawn. Next thing you know, next door is calling him a lazy c-unit for not doing his? What the F? He was mental. He has just going along with BFs cycling team, but BF reckons he doesnt recognise him. What a fruit loop, there was another time he nearly knocked the door down and shouted at BF for making too much noise hoovering the stairs!

We had bad neighbours at old house but I got them evicted lol. Then new neighbours who moved in were lovely I miss having neighbours to talk to. My neighbours here seem nice enough just can't interact with them like our old neighbours because we have 6ft fences here so u can't see into each others yards. I'm sure when we start focusing on the house and not the garden and it starts looking like 'my' house and not someone elses house because thats what it feels like atm I might feel better about being here but until I win the lottery and can afford to redo the whole house I have to carry on feeling this way. Doesn't help that hubby won't do what I've asked him...we haven't had a landline since we got here...we pay line rental but hubby ****ed it up putting in an extension so paying for something I can't use. Asked him to put wash line up 2.5 months later he put it up its comes up to my neck and im 5'3". He broke his wardrobe moving it said it could be fixed 3 months later its still not fixed. Just so frustrated over small things but theres so many small things to be annoyed at.

Its like de ja vue as ive just been talking to a friend about the 2 jar idea but she told me about buttons instead of stones etc. Buttons are more accessable to me as along with working part time i also make wooden plaques so i have an abundance of buttons lol.

I know what you mean about hating a house. I hated my old house we tried to decorate and make it more homley but it was like polishing a turd! ;) i moved in november last year and i loce my new house i just need money.now to decorate as magnolia is ok for 2 months but not 8!.

I took your advice and ive made myself a PLAN book and goals that i want to achieve. Ill add to it as i go on but its started. Im taking carevof me for a change.

I had my 4 year old doing an exercise video with me lastvweek. She put me to shame. Ive agreed to join her karate class in.sep what have i let myself in for lol. My 2 year old is working on numbers also and colours as everything is black or blue. We have the added pressire of learning.in english and welsh.

Have you set other goals.for exercise? I love weight training but question wether its enough or should i be doing cardio also.

Sarah x

Its like de ja vue as ive just been talking to a friend about the 2 jar idea but she told me about buttons instead of stones etc. Buttons are more accessable to me as along with working part time i also make wooden plaques so i have an abundance of buttons lol.

Buttons/marbles as long you can see one jar going down and the other jar going up doesn't matter what's in it. I think it's such a clever idea thing is till I go shopping today mine looks a bit lost in my giant canisters lol I will girlify them I swear lol.

I know what you mean about hating a house. I hated my old house we tried to decorate and make it more homley but it was like polishing a turd! ;) i moved in november last year and i loce my new house i just need money.now to decorate as magnolia is ok for 2 months but not 8!.

Last week I sat on my daughters bed and just looked at all the bad things in her room and sobbed my heart out...I think everything just came to the surface and I had a mini meltdown anyway I just decided there and then to not wait for the hubby to get around to doing the inside. He usually does it at a weekend while I'm at work and my mum has my daughter because I have tried and tried to decorate but she always wants to 'help' and makes it 100 times harder than what it should be. Anyway I went to town bought all the stuff and came back and started painting but in true Darcy fashion she wouldn't keep her hands off anything and I ended up with paint on her BRAND NEW carpet (could have killed her) and all over the skirting board and somehow on her bed sheet...no idea how it ended up there anyway got so mad at what she was doing that I gave up so left a half painted wall and cleaned everything away...hubby came home saw what I'd done and since then has got his arse in gear and finished it for me...but he's so frustrating he will do anything for anyone as soon as they ask but I have to wait...my daughter hasn't had curtains up since we got here 3 months ago. The curtains she had were too long so my Auntie took them up for me and made two cushion covers with excess but took her a month to do that and they've been sitting in the bag ever since waiting for him to put the curtain pole up. I understand he works all day but during the week he has the energy to help everyone else and at a weekend he has the energy to keep working on the garden when there is nothing left for him to do but I can't get him to do the jobs I need doing. WOW apparently I needed to vent...sorry about that. Anyway back on point this house we're in is a family friends we're renting it at the minute until we can afford the deposit on a mortgage then she's selling it to us and it's like I said earlier I feel like I'm living in someone else's home...it's her décor, her carpets...her kitchen etc...I even have her curtains up because I just have no urge to redo it...I mean I want to redo it obviously but any other house I would have bought carpets, curtains and flooring etc before moving in and it would have been decorated immediately but I just don't feel that urgency here and I think it's because I'm not happy here...this isn't my home. I will try decorating it and seeing if that makes me feel better but don't know what I will do if it doesn't and I am in total agreement with you magnolia is not ok on a permanent basis.

I took your advice and ive made myself a PLAN book and goals that i want to achieve. Ill add to it as i go on but its started. Im taking carevof me for a change.

Good for you I hope it works as well for you as it is for me. And good on you for making goals, you haven't got as much to lose as me but its still a big loss for you and I think it is easier to have mini goals otherwise its going to seem like forever until you accomplish something. In a while I'll get my folder out that I have and take some pictures of it and post them so you can see the sort of things I'm doing to keep myself motivated.

I had my 4 year old doing an exercise video with me lastvweek. She put me to shame. Ive agreed to join her karate class in.sep what have i let myself in for lol. My 2 year old is working on numbers also and colours as everything is black or blue. We have the added pressire of learning.in english and welsh.

Bless my bingo wing exercises are my new favourite thing to do just because she copies me and I love to watch it my daughter always gets on the cross trainer every morning too cute too watch. Bless you for taking on karate...a friend of mine asked me to go to zumba and belly dancing classes I think I just laughed in her face...I'm not quite there yet lol. We have the colours down, she's brilliant with her colours...and she knows her numbers how to say them we're just struggling to get them in the right order if she's repeating after me we're fine if she goes it alone we get 1-3-1-3-1-5 lol. The alphabet we're struggling with again if she's repeating me we're fine and she'll sort of sing along with ABCD but just can't get her interested in ABC we have flash cards and games on the tablet for her but she would rather watch Play Doh videos on youtube...she is so weird lol. Wow English and welsh rather you than me Darcy is barely speaking English lol...I have noticed she has the local twang in her speech which is annoying me like she says Awrt instead of out...sorry if that didn't come across in text lol.

Have you set other goals.for exercise? I love weight training but question wether its enough or should i be doing cardio also.

I'm currently working towards my Silver Body Magic which SW says I will have by September 1st. Other than cross training and bingo wing exercises I haven't really thought about it. I have never exercised in my life the last time I did something active was PE at school and I used to try and get out of doing that lol. I know nothing about exercising but I liked the cross trainer so I got that...always wanted a treadmill till I tried one and nearly broke my neck lol. And the weights are purely for bingo wings. When Darcy is at nursery in September me and the dog will be able to go further because we won't have her lagging behind or getting distracted or paddying. And I would love to do race for life next Summer I always thought you had to run but someone told me you can walk and you can take dogs as well so next year I want to do that. I wish I could better advise you with your exercises but like I said I am oblivious when it comes to exercising...I know swimming is good for all your body.

9:30am

MORNING EVERYONE!!

Ok my new favourite thing to do is bingo wing weights...watching my daughter copy me is the highlight of my day what a way to start the day smiling at that. Love it and love her. Ok up at 7 this morning went straight on cross trainer and did my bingo wing weights. I then fed the dog, the kittens and the poor cat my daughter was holding captive in her bedroom...to think 3 months ago my animals weren't even allowed upstairs...lol...now I'm lucky if I can get in my own bed for hubby, cats and dog. The other night I actually fell asleep sat up because the cat had planted himself between my legs lol. Haven't had kitten cuddles yet because I've been busy will go cuddle in a minute. I then had breakfast Weetabix, yogurt, melon, grapes and clementine. Have been replying to everyone on here.

20140807_081231.jpg

Got an appointment at 12:15 for the baby at the opticians. I wear glasses and so does the rest of my family but her Dads side doesn't and I don't think she needs glasses because she see's things I don't but with her starting school in September I want to get them checked just in case because if she does need glasses then we need to get her used to them before September. I really hope she doesn't have to wear them because she has such pretty eyes would be a shame to cover them but if she has to she has to. I'm kind of nervous for her. Both me and brother had lazy eyes and both had corrective surgery at 2 years old she doesn't and hasn't so that's a good sign, I'm intrigued how they're going to check her eyes at 2/3 years old because she doesn't know the alphabet so she can't read the chart lol guess I'll find out soon...oh nerves lol

So tomorrow is weigh in number 5. Last week I lost 3lbs but I'm going to call it 2 as I had gained the week before. I'm putting that down to * week although she didn't show. I have been on plan 100% I have kept up with the drinking...although I will admit only 2 litres a day but still plenty. I hope I have a loss but for some reason I don't feel I will. I don't know why and I just can't explain it but I feel heavy...not bloated or anything I just don't feel like I've lost. I hope I'm wrong and even if it's just 0.5lb I will be over the moon I'd even settle for STS but like I say I can't explain it but I just don't feel like I've lost. May be I'm still trying to protect myself by not getting my hopes up but I even said to my mum yesterday I don't feel like I've lost anything. Suppose I will find out tomorrow but going into WI convinced I haven't loss.

3:00pm

Well Darcy's eyes are fine. PHEW!! LoL. Bless her she was so good did everything the optician asked of her so she got some magic stars for being good and has to go back in March just for a 2nd check up because of how bad my eyes are. We then came home had dinner SW fry up.

20140807_135726.jpg

Then we played gardeners lol. Darcy has a small piece of decking where her wendy house sits and my hubby made a little picket fence to go around it and put a flower box on it so we went and bought some pansies for her on Sunday and been waiting for hubby (again) to put some drainage in it as it's just a wooden box...today I thought sod him...and I put a plastic bag in because it's not him she begs every day...so doesn't look the best but it may have same affect as half painting her room it might make him do the job I asked in the first place lol.

20140807_142623.jpg20140807_142617.jpg 20140807_142643.jpg

Ignore the half painted fence that's where I ran out of paint lol suppose to be getting it this week along with some pink and white wood paint to do Doodles picket fence in...haven't decided whether I'm doing decking in same as fence or if I'm doing it pink and white to match fence lol.

Didn't do much shopping while we were out as we left the house hungry and I wanted to get home asap before I gave in and bought something while I was out so my new jars aren't as pretty as I would like but I'm going to find Darcys art box out and see if she has any glitter left over and just make it a bit sparkly but they look a lot better as my marbles don't look lost anymore. Glad I didn't weigh anymore and that I'd already lost 20lb because no more marbles were fitting in that jar lol

20140807_143715.jpg20140807_143727.jpg

LMAO is it me or does it look like they're having their mug shots taken? Front on with their labels then side shots it's just missing the height chart behind it lol.

And finally before I take advantage of my daughter napping because I need to get her party stuff started...I have a zit right on the end of my nose and it's bugging the hell out of me ARGH!! lol

I'll be back!!

7:30pm

NOT HAPPY!! Star week has arrived the day before WI...the day before weigh in where I was hoping to reach 1.5st award and new stone bracket...not going to happen now is it? Oh well have to wait for next week. Just waiting for my dinner to cook we're having homemade pork and apple burgers with SW chips and salad. Not much else to report other than I am truly po'd lol. So mad....

Last edited:
I see people refer to * week all the time on here. It may be a stupid question, but what does this mean? x

I had to ask the same question when I first started lol...its your period...so when you see * week or totm...that's what people are referring to lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
6am

So here's my day so far taking into consideration its only 6am. My hubby woke me up this morning and I woke up thinking it was a regular day only to find some dickhead has broken into my car there are 3 cars in the car park and mine is the oldest shittiest one so why they thought it would be filled with gold I don't know. The car is full of tools and what do they steal? A shitty sat nav that is brand new got it Sunday because hubby is starting somewhere new on Monday...so it's guna cost me however much for the sake of a £40 sat nav. Pissed off is not the word. And we still have to get him a sat nav for Monday so more expense. It always seems to happen to us...3 months back someone just for the fun of it snapped off my hubby windscreen wipers...on our old street there was like 50 cars parked up but of all the cars they picked ours sometimes I feel like I have a target on my back.

Anyway regardless of this I still had to go to supermarket as I needed pet food so drove up and parked my car that has no window and went inside to get food and get weighed. Shockingly with it being star week I have lost 1lb. Still wish I could have got the extra 0.5lb to get in next stone bracket but next week will do. So this week I have got my 1.5 stone award.

Chalk8814.jpgWI8814.jpg

With the good comes the bad.

Don't know if anyone's heard of this site but I just stumbled across it yesterday and think it's good because it puts your weight loss into perspective.

http://www.ilostwhat.com

View attachment 149017 - This is mine after this mornings weigh in.

Sorry for lack of entry today but as you can imagine have been a bit busy trying to sort the car and replace the items stolen and so on and so on. Have literally just sat down...I just put dinner on and I am soooooo ready for it we missed lunch because we were so busy running around so I am going to really enjoy my dinner. We're having steak, chips, mushrooms and corn on the cob odd maybe but I really fancied corn on the cob lol.

I also tried the skinny latte Muller yogurt...OMG is was delish! I have the banana and custard one sitting in the fridge waiting for pudding and I'm also debating whether to have a hot chocolate...its between hot chocolate and popcorn. Hmmm...decisions, decisions.

Other than this I have nothing much to mention about today really looking forward to my dinner, really looking forward to my bed and really looking forward to tomorrow being a new day. Not a good day today...apart from the loss and award of course lol.

Last edited:
Well done on the loss hun and getting your 1.5 stone award. You should be very proud of yourself. You will be in the 20's next week :)

That is awful about the break in. There are some terrible people in this world. Would you be able to look up a second hand sat nav for hubby over the weekend? Or if he has google maps on phone could he use it instead of buying another?

Hope you get sorted & have a fab Friday :) xx

Back