Jo's Journey - 175lbs to happiness...

1:45

So finally got around to having our picnic and here it is. Was yummy and worth the 9 syns. And Darcy enjoyed it which is all that matters she's now fast asleep on the settee and it looks like weathers picking up again so may risk painting the fence again lol. Wish me luck.

picnic1.jpgpicnic2.jpgpicnic3.jpgpicnic4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
9am

Usual start to the day, got up, did cross trainer, did weight training, am on here replying and updating. I'm not feeling too good this morning don't know what it is and hopefully it will pass but I have a bad stomach ache :(. Having a day off painting today as I keep neglecting my washing and we desperately need me to finish the washing lol.

I am going to leave links below to my other threads but I am considering putting my food diary on here as I've started mentioning my food on here and keep forgetting to update my food diary lol. Not sure how to delete threads though so my food diary might have to stay where it is.

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-teams-challenges/344071-2lb-challenge-14lbs-august-22nd.html - My 2lb Challenge
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-inspirational-photos/343629-my-12st-7lbs-journey-photos.html - My Journey in Photos
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-food-diaries/337566-jos-food-diary-keep-track.html
- My Food Diary

Guna see if I feel like having breakfast. I'll report back soon.

7pm

Rest of the day has been a bit of a blur after trying to rehome the kittens with friends and family I have had to advertise to the public had interest in all 3 kittens...hoping someone takes them...I'm going to miss them but I need them to go before I get too attached because I definitely cannot keep them so feeling a bit anxious about them going to good homes and bit sad they're leaving mine. Then I went to my mums for dinner and watched my hubby scoff not one but three puddings. Told him I'd keep hold of my old clothes for when he gets fat lol. Then popped out to the supermarket to fill up on some things...I bought some tesco green tea for 75p. Have seen everyone drinking it and saying its good for weight loss but didn't want to spend ridiculous amount on twinnings or something to not drink it so trying cheap ones first think its guna be like a lemsip let it go cold and down it cos the box stinks so doesn't loom good for the tea lol. Guna try those tomorrow as I've just enjoyed a yummy scrummy hot chocolate.

Now I have a dilemma...my hubby starts his new job tomorrow yay! But it means he is going to be leaving at 6am so on friday my choice is to get up at 5:30am to go get weighed, or weigh in Thursday night. I know there are SW groups at night but I'm wondering if its going to make a difference getting weighed 12 hours earlier and at the end of the day rather than the beginning because I've got it going against me this week as it is cos totm is still here and still heavy. The only other option I have is to buy scales for my home...I hate this idea because like I have previously mentioned my mums are 7lb out I don't want to buy them and step on them on Friday and be 7lbs heavier because I know I will take it badly. Argh what do I do?

If I were in your shoes I would go out and buy some decent scales, I wouldn't be able to weigh myself in the evening after a days worth of food in my tummy and getting up at the crack of dawn is mad. If you do decide to buy some scales avoid cheap ones (like argos value range) they are always wrong, look to spend around £15-£25! I use digital weightwatchers scales which I have put my details into (height, age etc) so every time I weigh myself I see my bmi as well! They didn't cost a fortune (£16.99 in argos sale 3 years ago) and when I stand on them and the scales at group the numbers always match. Hope this has helped, and I hope your hubby has a good first day!! :D

xXx

I agree with barbie girl. I think we have the same scales. Mine are weight watchers ones and you input your age and they do body fat, bmi, water weight. They are very accurate and only half a pound different to my slimming world group scales. I'd go for it and buy some. Maybe then hide or keep in the boot of the car so you are not tempted to weigh yourself more that once a week :)

If I were in your shoes I would go out and buy some decent scales, I wouldn't be able to weigh myself in the evening after a days worth of food in my tummy and getting up at the crack of dawn is mad. If you do decide to buy some scales avoid cheap ones (like argos value range) they are always wrong, look to spend around £15-£25! I use digital weightwatchers scales which I have put my details into (height, age etc) so every time I weigh myself I see my bmi as well! They didn't cost a fortune (£16.99 in argos sale 3 years ago) and when I stand on them and the scales at group the numbers always match. Hope this has helped, and I hope your hubby has a good first day!! :D

xXx

I agree with barbie girl. I think we have the same scales. Mine are weight watchers ones and you input your age and they do body fat, bmi, water weight. They are very accurate and only half a pound different to my slimming world group scales. I'd go for it and buy some. Maybe then hide or keep in the boot of the car so you are not tempted to weigh yourself more that once a week :)

Thanks for your suggestions. I don't want to weigh myself at night so I am going to have to get scales at home but for this week only I'm going to go get weighed on my usual scales at the supermarket @ 5:30am what I do for Sw lol then get weighed on scales at home so I work out the difference between the two scales. I've looked at the WW scales you've both suggest and they're between £20 and £25 so will treat myself to some of those.

Just thought I'd post the following to show you what I'm dealing with this end. I have 2 kittens walking all over my keyboard and chasing the mouse on the screen and also the dancing smilies on NewMe14s signature lol

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmcc
uiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii77777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777

10:30am

Hubby started his new job today so was expecting to be up at 6am shocked to the bed sheets to wake up at 8:10am before my daughter lol. Loving these lay ins lol Got up went on cross trainer, came downstairs fed the animals including the child lol had a fruit salad for breakfast followed by a yogurt as I want to use my HEX A & B for a cheese and ham toastie for lunch lol. Someone posted a pic of one on IG and I have been craving it ever since...so come on dinner time lol. I then did the bingo wing exercises and came on here to reply to everyone and do my diary entry. After this I'm going to sit and figure my food diary out as I keep swapping meals and I'm getting confused with syns...I know I'm not going to go over my syns but still confused. Then its housework after that the joy! LoL

I have had lots of interest in the kittens but no one has replied back to me so doesn't look like they're going anywhere. This morning someone text me to see if I had them still I said yes and they said what sex and colours and I was a bit thrown by this because had this person seen my ad they'd have read I have 2 boys and a girl and seen their pictures so I am not sure about this person and they haven't asked anything about any specific cat they're just eager to get here so I'm not replying to them anymore because I said if I didn't feel comfortable with the person the cats weren't going I'm not going to ship them out to first people who turn up I didn't rescue them to send them off with just anyone. I want them to have nice secure homes because they're such lovely kittens and have had it rough until these last 12 days.

4pm

Well anger really helps my house a long lol. My friend who hasn't had anything to do with me for 6 weeks who is trying to worm her way back in because its nearly my daughters birthday party turned up today at my front door. I didn't let her in because I want nothing to do with her but biting my tongue as not to ruin my daughters party. My daughter has been the child from hell all day and someone agreed to take one of the kittens and backed out at the last minute...all combined made me a little angry so I ended up painting the bathroom lol. The other day when I got mad I ended up painting fence panels in the rain lol. Couple more angry moments and my house will be decorated lol.

I really enjoyed my dinner...I had a cheese and ham toastie followed by a pudding which was a malted milk biscuit (2 syns) chopped banana, banana and custard yogurt, more chopped banana and squirty cream (1 syn) it was delicious.

1407958682707.jpg
1407958707171.jpg
1407958726722.jpg
1407958752938.jpg

All meals today.

Yummy :drool: x

It was yummy...just trying to find some puddings for me because my mum made this 'low fat' pudding bless her which was digestive biscuit, raspberries, crème fraiche, mascarpone and white chocolate...it was like 16 syns or something daft lol. I enjoyed that one yesterday so going to keep experimenting. Thinking of mixing mascarpone with options hot chocolate cos I think it might be lovely and cream and top it with strawberries will have to check out syn values lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
11:45am

MORNING....just lol

Had a weird morning...woken up at 7am by hubby texting me...div lol...got up went on cross trainer...then went outside and finished painting the fence and started painting the rabbit hutch and run lol...I'm a woman on a mission lol...Got my brother to pick me up some kitten food as I ran out oops...he brought that round for me...fed the babies...Darcy didn't wake up till about 9:30 ish...so came in from outside got breakfast for us both...I had omelette, ham roll ups, Satsuma, yogurt, green tea and squash/cordial. Then Darcy decided she wanted a bath so went and played with her squirt toys in the bath with her and then sat on here replying. After I'm done on here I'm getting me and the babe ready and we're going to town to buy the dum dum dum....scales for weigh in tomorrow.

Now weigh in: How am I feeling?

I'm feeling mixed about it. I have been 100% and I've been doing my cross trainer and my bingo wing exercises but I'm still unsure about totm. It started last Thursday and I still lost 1lb on Friday, it's still here and has eased up defo in last stages but not sure how that's going to effect my weight if at all. I'm doing damage control and drinking plenty of water and plenty of green tea for water retention so hopefully that will be enough. Now totm confusion plus the new weigh in situation has me a little uneasy because I don't know the new scales...I assume they count half pounds as they're weight watchers ones and above people have said they tell you everything but the winning lotto numbers lol but I'm still worried about them being higher than supermarket scales...I am continuing to base my weight on supermarket scales by going and getting weighed there first then at home and working out the difference but if they're out by 7lbs like they are at my mums I am going to worry that I am 7lbs heavier than I think and it will niggle away at me but whether I am or not I have to remember that the 1.5 stone I've lost so far is still the same that won't change I may just have a little further to go on my journey but I think what I am going to do is just ride it out and when I get closer to my target figure out if I want to adjust my target that's all I can do.

Hiya,

Yeah they do half pounds. My ww scales is only half a pound different than my consultants at group so I wouldn't be worrying to much hun. Like you've said you have already lost 1.5 stone and that isn't going to change :)

5:45pm

My worst fears have been confirmed got my mum to stand on my new scales and they weigh the same as hers so tomorrow I will be between 7-9lbs heavier depending on any loss or gains ive incurred this week

Have your new scales got the stoppers for carpet! Not sure what surface your weighing on but make sure if its carpet they are carpet adjusted or it will say more!

Sarah x

Have your new scales got the stoppers for carpet! Not sure what surface your weighing on but make sure if its carpet they are carpet adjusted or it will say more!

Sarah x

They're for hard floor my floors wooden anyway...just have to deal with it.

5:45pm

My worst fears have been confirmed got my mum to stand on my new scales and they weigh the same as hers so tomorrow I will be between 7-9lbs heavier depending on any loss or gains ive incurred this week

Booo to that. So what are you going to do about your stats then? start from the weight you will be tomorrow or put it as a gain?

Booo to that. So what are you going to do about your stats then? start from the weight you will be tomorrow or put it as a gain?

Nope ignoring it im going to go get weighed on my normal scales at 5:30am :( then work out the difference still lose the amount I started with then if when I meet target I want more off I'll reset my target.

Nope ignoring it im going to go get weighed on my normal scales at 5:30am :( then work out the difference still lose the amount I started with then if when I meet target I want more off I'll reset my target.

Sounds like a plan! scales can be a pain, I have never really understood how they can be so different either. Once I moved my scales to another part of the bathroom and I was 1 stone lighter, madness! :(

Back