Jo's Journey - 175lbs to happiness...

Sounds like a plan! scales can be a pain, I have never really understood how they can be so different either. Once I moved my scales to another part of the bathroom and I was 1 stone lighter, madness! :(

Same here that's why I got rid of my home scales because it was depressing me lol.

6:30am

MORNING

Sorry about lack of entries yesterday but I was busy gutting my house...I wasn't angry lol...just determined so I was busy all day cleaning, throwing things away, doing washing, organising...then at 5pm last night I rehomed one of my little kittens...bye bye Mickey Blue Eyes lol...Someone said they were coming for another tonight but have mysteriously gone quiet now it's time to actually do it. I'm feeling sorry for one of the kittens had plenty of interest in 2 of them but no ones shown interest in him and he's so cute and sweet...I can see me gaining another cat lol.

Ok anyway let me get on...I had a rotten nights sleep up on the hour every hour, I was cold and couldn't stop peeing lol...was horrible so I gave in and got up at 4:30am so I went to the supermarket at 5am to get weighed...no one can say I'm not passionate about SW lol...anyway I have lost...5lbs!! Woohoo!! Yay!! Which means I have lost 17lbs with one weigh in to go on my 2lb challenge so I've exceeded it my 3lbs up to now. I am sooooo proud of myself. And it's 26lbs in total. I was not expecting 5lbs with me being at the back end of star week I was expecting either a small loss or STS so 5lbs is amazing. I would have been happy with 0.5lb as that would have got me into next stone bracket but sod that 5lbs WAY better I am now comfortably into the next stone bracket and only 2lb off my 2st award which isn't bad to say I only got 1.5st award last week. I would love to lose 2lb next week just so I can have the 2st award but with a huge loss this week I honestly wouldn't mind a 0.5lb loss...I am a bit curious for next weeks weigh in as I am having a syn free week so I can have a guilt free day at my daughters birthday party a week tomorrow. So as of next Friday I will not have had any syns at all so can't wait to see how that affects my weight. So so so happy today!!

Oh and my new scales are only 2lbs heavier...not the 7-9lbs I was expecting...Confusion...I do not understand scales...I think they just say what they want...I might actually be 8st lol.

Not sure if its the site or what but I can't alter my weight loss ticker in my signature so it says I have only lost 21lbs not 26lbs :( I will keep trying hopefully it will work soon...I like my tracker don't want to get rid of it.

Last edited:
Jo massive congrats on the 5lb loss you will be getting your 2 stone award in no time.

Glad to hear the scales are only out by 2lbs that's not too bad.

I hope the other person shows up for the kittens.

Ps I couldn't amend my weight loss ticker in my signature after my weigh in so I just deleted it :(

Jo massive congrats on the 5lb loss you will be getting your 2 stone award in no time.

Glad to hear the scales are only out by 2lbs that's not too bad.

I hope the other person shows up for the kittens.

Ps I couldn't amend my weight loss ticker in my signature after my weigh in so I just deleted it :(

Thank you...hoping for next week for 2st award *fingers crossed*. So happy about the scales because even if they are accurate I can live with being 2lb heavier. I'm going to miss my kittens when they all leave :( . The ticker...it looks like the whole sites down because I tried to make a new one and no matter what you press it loads the same page...so god knows. Probably delete it like you.

Hmmm I've never wondered if my scales were correct or not... got me thinking now! x

Try scales at supermarkets or boots or something...just to compare.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done Jo :)

Congrats on the amazing loss! I was having the same problem with my ticker, so ended up getting rid! x

Thanks. I've deleted mine too put a Pound Tracker on my signature instead currently says 26/175...getting there lol

Last edited by a moderator:
10am

1408092747459.jpg - lovely to know lol

1408092781258.jpg - breakfast was weetabix with banana and a yogurt.

1pm

God today is going slow...

I have decided I am going out tomorrow to buy myself something nice in the size below and hang it up as inspiration to lose more weight in order to fit in it.

2pm

AFTERNOON

Sorry I've been AWOL this weekend but it's the last weekend before my daughters birthday party so me and the hubby have been busy preparing the house for nosey family and friends (as its our new house and we know they'll all be nosing around) and the garden as that's where her party is being held (weather permitting please god let it be nice). Ironically my daughter was born on the hottest day of the year and since then it's rained on each of her birthdays and it's starting to look like the same is going to happen this year...hope not as I can't fit all those people in my house and we have a bouncy castle booked.

After politely screaming at my hubby for not pulling his weight he actually got her arse in gear this weekend and did the jobs I asked him to do 3 months ago when we moved in. So our top floor is now no longer a junk room and it has been gutted and looks like an actual room lol. He took all the rubbish to the tip, he put the electric fire on the wall only to find its not working lol, we went and got some bookcases to put all his computer games and my library of DVDs on, and he's on about coming home tonight and starting on my bedroom YAY...so hoping he gets it painted by Thursday then we can go to the shop to buy my wallpaper and he can hopefully get that done on Friday as it's only one wall while I'm busy doing the cooking for the party. And on Friday morning I'm going to go and buy all the accessories for the bedroom the only thing I won't have is my curtains as they're being delivered but the rest of the room should be completed by the weekend...woohoo my house is starting to look like MY house and not someone else's...I say 'my' house because the hubby doesn't get a choice about the décor because he'd just have it maggie throughout lol.

I had a nice none scale victory this weekend, I haven't had my wedding ring and engagement ring on this last week because I've been so busy painting went to put it on this weekend to go to work and my engagement ring is spinning on my finger...so looks like the fats going on my stumpy fingers lol told the hubby I needed a new ring and he just said would be cheaper to get divorced so suppose I'll just have to get it resized lol.

I don't know without looking back on prevous posts if I've mentioned that this week I am going syn free? Well it's the babes birthday party on Saturday and I want to enjoy it without wondering what syn value this and that is so I started my syn free week on Friday and this is now day 4 and it's not been as bad as I thought apart from the fact I had to go without tea on Saturday and again today because I've used my HEX A on cheese rather than milk and I only have 2 cups a day but my God have I missed it. Green tea is not tea...its sewage. I cannot wait for tomorrow to come so I can have a nice cup of Tetley tea...how British is that? lol Anyway I have been 100% on plan and I'm sure Friday will be here very soon as I have a very busy week but I am intrigued to see how no syns affects my weight loss. Hmm?

Although I have been super super super busy this weekend I actually don't have anything else to report so I will leave it there.

Be back later to report and show you my meals for today.

Hope your having a great weekend, did you buy anything?

xXx

Hi,

Yes a good weekend, a productive one. I hope yours was good too. And no I didn't but I did talk to my mum about it and she suggested rather than go a size down by something I really like in the size I want to be at the end of all this and hang it up for motivation...so going to have a look round for something I would never wear in a million years being the size I am but what I want to wear eventually and get it bought and put on the wardrobe door so I can keep saying to it 'One day I will wear you. One day someone will say wow you look amazing in that'. Will report back and share a photo when I find something.

9am

MORNING

Just a quick one to say sorry for not getting back on yesterday still busy sorting house we like idiots decided to start decorating our bedroom 5 days before Darcy's party so I was busy doing the bedroom and the bathroom last night. Today I think I'm having the day off though because I need to sort the fridge out ready for baking Darcy's birthday cake tomorrow and I won't have time to do it tomorrow as I'm going to be too busy...so thankful I picked an easy cake to do for her I just haven't got the time or inclination to do modelling. Then I am going to (weather permitting) go and finish Darcy's picket fence its almost done there's just a little bit left but don't want to be doing it last minute so will get that out the way.

I was cleaning the kitchen yesterday and stumbled across my hubbys holiday form...we thought he was off Friday was glad I found it as it turns out he's off Thursday and Friday so WOOHOO I will have help and the car to go pick all Darcy's birthday stuff up, didn't fancy carrying all her birthday balloons in the wind we've had lately with the little madam beside me. So hubby can also help set it all up instead of it being done last minute and Friday won't be so hectic because we can now take Darcy for her photo shoot on Thursday instead...sounds a bit pompous doesn't it lol? Because she isn't at school or private nursery we decided until she starts school to get her photos taken around her birthday every year. Less pompous? LoL

So up early 5:30am thanks Darcy, and I then went on cross trainer did bingo wing exercises and came on here...in a minute when I sign off here I will start on the fridge.

HOPEFULLY I will be back later.

Hey just catching up. you sound mad busy at the moment with the birthday plans. I wish I had someone to help me decorate my house!!!

I think getting photos done of Darcy every year is a great idea and getting them framed and hung up. I love digital and the way you can uploads pictures instantly but there is nothing like a printed photo I think.

Hope you have a great day hun and get everything nearly finished today :) x

Good glad its not snooty lol

I agree about real photos thats why I have 2000+ upstairs without photo albums lol and why my walls are covered lol hubby doesn't agree but who cares what he thinks.

1408440135804.jpg1408440146285.jpg1408440154769.jpg

They're just some of them we have some we've never framed lol and guna have another dozen on Thursday lol

Sorry I've been completely AWOL this week...just really busy spent all day yesterday baking Darcy's birthday cake and cupcakes (pix to come lol) and today as well as going to get her photos done, pick up her party balloons, do her birthday food shopping, pick up the rug doctor and all that needs to be done in the house...I also have to decorate the cake and the cupcakes lol. I don't make it easy for myself do I? LoL

Anyway SW wise I have been 100% plan and still syn free...still exercising etc.

Now tomorrow is weigh in and I know I'm always pessimistic when it comes to weigh in but I honestly don't know what to expect this week I've done weeks with few syns and I've done weeks with all my syns and it didn't make a blind bit of difference so I can't see my syn free week making a great difference tbh. I did look back over my SW weigh in book thing lol...and the last time I lost 5lbs I gained the following week and I'm wondering whether this is going to become a pattern for me and tomorrow will be a gain? I would love 2lbs to get my 2st award but if I doesn't happen it doesn't happen. So yeah so so about weigh in...not pessimistic but not optimistic...I know I have done what I am supposed to but ultimately the body and the scales have the final say lol.

Not going to say I'll be back later because I won't. I will drop in tomorrow to give weigh in results but I will be back properly on Sunday after the chaos is over I will come on here and have my say about everything and catch up with you all.

best of luck for weigh in. Looking forward to hearing about Darcy's party sounds like it going to be brilliant :)

Back